Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nine Inch Nails

Go down 
+8
Chairman_Smith
Svengo
manny
tohostudios
thejokeriv
XYZ
MetalGuy71
Metallic Blaze
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Any fans of this industrial band?

Nine Inch Nails Nine-inch-nails
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:14 pm

I like a handful of songs that I've heard over the years, but nothing that made me want to purchase an entire album. Maybe a greatest hits comp if I found one cheap enough. I'm not a fan of industrial music, aside from a few songs here & there.

That being said, I do think Trent Reznor is quite the musical genius. He may not have invented the genre, but he certainly helped take it to new heights. He seems like an interesting guy.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Band?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Yes, band? It's all Trent Reznor, no band. They guy is great. I like pretty hate machine and downward spiral alot. I haven't heard the newer stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:45 pm

I like Pretty Hate Machine and most of Spiral but my favorite NiN is the "Broken" EP.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:10 pm

I used to be a huge fan but burned myself on Nine Inch Nails due to a girlfriend of mine at the time, this was her favorite mood music (God bless that girl).

Great songwriter and one hell of performer. I am one of few peps that liked 'The Fragile' set and have seen him/them live twice, and they have always put on a great show.

Just listened to 'Broken' and 'Pretty Hate Machine' not too long ago and they still hold up. Amazing that Trent Reznor took a genre considered totally uncommerical and made it explode by adding a few pop melodies and excellent songwriting abilities.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm not a huge fan but I really like the most recent album he released for free online (The Slip). I'm glad I checked it out. I also really like the double disc instrumental album Ghosts I-IV.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:02 am

I like Pretty Hate Machine, but thats about it. I downloading all their stuff and I may take the songs i do like and delete the rest.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:43 am

Back in the early 90's I was a fan of Pretty Hate Machine and the Downward Spiral. I think Trent Razor is a bit of a jerk, but very talented nonetheless. I still give these two CDs a spin from time to time, although I have to be in a particular mood to do so. I also have listened to one of the more recent ones...I think it was "With Teeth" that had some good songs.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:50 pm

XYZ wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Band?

I knew someone was gonna say that. Nine Inch Nails Lol

I realize NIN is all Trent. However, he does actually have a given band at most of the eras of the band. So I still consider them a band. But Trent IS the mastermind - I realize that.

Anyway - I really like NIN.

Fave albums:

1. Pretty Hate Machine 10/10 (sadly, they've never topped this one for me)
2. Broken 9/10
-
3. With Teeth 7.5/10
4. The Fragile 7/10
5. Further Down the Spiral 7/10
6. The Downward Spiral 7/10

That is all I currently have. I need to get the rest of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:33 pm

I bought Pretty Hate Machine as a blind purchase when it came out because Sam Goody had it on sale (I think Trent was featured in their magazine also). Was I ever happy when I put it in the tape deck - where it stayed for months on end. I never got anyhting else after. Part of the reason for this was my brother became a huge fan and I just burned out on things like The Downward Spiral and all the singles/remixes that went with it. I'll be just fine never hearing "Closer" in any of it's forms for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Not a fan....
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:14 pm

The Fragile, Year Zero, The Slip... All great albums. My favorite is With Teeth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Sponsored content

Nine Inch Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine Inch Nails   Nine Inch Nails Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nine Inch Nails
Page 1 of 1