Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bands you like, but are burnt out on

Go down 
+37
fingers
SAHB Healer
Metal Misfit
T-Roy
jstate
DarthMetalis
Hate Forest
ohwellmonkey
TheGame2k2
powermacho
7thSecond
krokus
kmorg
James B.
XYZ
Chairman_Smith
Oggy Mcheadbanger
stepcousin
Troublezone
DeathCult
the sentinel
Schbopo
exact33
Stender
Olafsto
nevermore
manny
thejokeriv
ultmetal
mc666
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:54 pm

melodic pop powermetal bands, most thrash metal bands in general, death metal,doom metal, and black metal. I have been listening traditional heavy metal and hard rock the whole year, the only thrash bands have been LISTENING ARE ULTIMATUM,HIRAX,MEGADETH and TANKARD
Back to top Go down
TheGame2k2
Metal novice
Metal novice
TheGame2k2

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Metallica
Back to top Go down
http://TheGame2k2.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:30 pm

The vast majority of grindcore, I used to eat it up like there was no tomorrow, now theres only a handful of bands i still listen to from that sub genre
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Oasis is one for me
Back to top Go down
Hate Forest
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:15 am

Judas Priest. They were never my favourite band but I do like them and listened to Turbo Lover way too many times. I need a rest.
Back to top Go down
DarthMetalis
Metal novice
Metal novice
DarthMetalis

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:50 pm

I am having a harder time getting into the thrash bands I once enjoyed. Power metal is quickly becoming my dominant genre
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:07 pm

DeathCult wrote:
The vast majority of grindcore, I used to eat it up like there was no tomorrow, now theres only a handful of bands i still listen to from that sub genre
i guess now i'm the lone ranger at this forum then.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:10 pm

mc666 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I don't think so. I think there are several other grindcore and black metal fans here.

Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Here's a few I'm bored with....

Van Halen
Gin Blossoms
Oasis

and two I wish death too...

Aerosmith
Nickelback
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:23 am

I'm gonna add latter-day Aerosmith. Anything after Permanent Vacation got tons of play for me back when they were new releases, but now they just sound too formulaic and radio-friendly to me. Some good songs, but they can't hold a candle to their 70's stuff. The one exception is Honkin' on Bobo. Still like that one.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:01 pm

mc666 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Not really, I still like it and listen to alot of albums on a regular basis, but most of the new bands I just dont like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I don't think so. I think there are several other grindcore and black metal fans here.

yeah, those 2 guys who post here every 18 months or so.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Quote :
I am little burnt on maiden right now though.

I go through a continual three year cycle with Maiden. I'll burn out, go without, and then after some time start back. Usually this happens when they put something new out.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:49 pm

mc666 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
nope bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:50 pm

AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen (though my free GH: VH game is on the way...)
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:44 am

When I was a teenager in the 70's I only had maybe 50-100 albums, so many of those got burnt out pretty bad, especially after the advent of classic rock radio, which could kill off anything. I find if I give stuff a good long rest though it can make a nice comeback if I give it a chance. No reason to be sick of something now just because I decided I was sick of it 30 years ago.
Now I go through phases of this and that, so it's more a matter of moods than being burnt out on anything.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Any bands that you like, perhaps were even a favorite for a while ... but you just got burnt out on them?

Maybe one day you'll be back into em, but for now you're just tired of em.

For me:

Stryper (they were my introduction to metal back when I was a kid, but I guess I just over-played them through the years)
Mortification
Tourniquet
Saint
Bride

How bout you?
Megadeth and MetallicA
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:40 am

I went for weeks just listening to all my Iron Maiden albums.

2-3 weeks approximately on the first 3 Believer albums.

With so much stuff to listen to, it's just so much more refreshing that those 2 bands get a lot less spins from me now. bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:00 am

Most recent Powe metal bands
Black Sabbath (except for some hits)
Iron Maiden
Stratovarius
Ozzy Osbourne
Mob Rules
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:14 am

Hmmmm, lessee.....

I've gotten pretty burnt out on Children of Bodom. I just couldn't stand the vocals anymore. They clash far too much with the actual music.

I still like them, though. Just hardly listen to them these days.

I've also gotten pretty burnt out on the whole Hair Metal thing. I used to buy this stuff up left and right when I could find it, sometimes only for one song. Glam Metal was pretty awesome in the begining, when it was made up of bands like Motley Crue, Ratt, Twisted Sister, Wrathchild (the original glam metalers). You know, bands that were ACTUALLY metal and not just poseur power pop bands that dressed that way. But anyone whose ever watched Decline Pt. II knows that the whole scene became far too oversaturated and HAD to die.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:37 am

Right now I'm burnt out on a lot of stuff including my 2 faves Thin Lizzy & Megadeth. I' also burnt out on Living Sacrifice, Motley Crue, Disciple, etc. But out of all the bands I'm burnt out on Skynyrd is the only one I can think of that if I never spin their discs again it wouldn't be a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Kiss
Metallica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bands you like, but are burnt out on
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3