Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bands you like, but are burnt out on

Go down 
+37
fingers
SAHB Healer
Metal Misfit
T-Roy
jstate
DarthMetalis
Hate Forest
ohwellmonkey
TheGame2k2
powermacho
7thSecond
krokus
kmorg
James B.
XYZ
Chairman_Smith
Oggy Mcheadbanger
stepcousin
Troublezone
DeathCult
the sentinel
Schbopo
exact33
Stender
Olafsto
nevermore
manny
thejokeriv
ultmetal
mc666
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

bands you like, but are burnt out on Empty
PostSubject: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:53 am

Any bands that you like, perhaps were even a favorite for a while ... but you just got burnt out on them?

Maybe one day you'll be back into em, but for now you're just tired of em.

For me:

Stryper (they were my introduction to metal back when I was a kid, but I guess I just over-played them through the years)
Mortification
Tourniquet
Saint
Bride

How bout you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:55 am

Trouble
Molly Hatchet
Joan Jett
Fates Warning

all top 10 ten bands for me, I just needed to take a break...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:57 am

Any and all power metal.

I used to buy this stuff as much as possible and now I can't stand to listen to it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:59 am

Aerosmith -- love their classic stuff but I've definitely overplayed'em

I went thru a big Danzig period four or five years ago but rarely listen to 'em nowadays.

Anthrax - they were probably my #2 band when I was a teenager but I'm totally sick of them now. Of the "Big Four" thrash bands, their 80s stuff has aged the worst IMO.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Maiden, Saint, Megadeth.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Not so much bands, but the hair/glam era of the late 80's early 90's. That's mostly all I listened to back then, but it rarely gets spins from me these days. I ditched allot of the tapes I had and only upgraded my favorites to cd.

Allot of it did not age well and for me personally, the whole sex/drugs/rock'nroll lifestyle clashes with my married man close to 40 with kids demeanor nowadays. bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_study

I'll still spin a Crue or Cinderella disc from time to time, but it's mostly for nostalgia sake.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:44 pm

I have to agree with Toho,most power metal.Stuff like Firewind,Brainstorm.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:45 pm

Most of the old classics.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Kiss

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Stratorvarius
Rhapsody
Kamelot
Living Sacrifice
most death metal

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:43 pm

I go through phases - right now burnt out on:

Priest
Sabbath

I sure that will change in a few weeks and they will be back on rotation!

Been burn out on for years:
Ozzy
Bloodgood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Quote :
Bloodgood

Well I guess its time for you to trade those discs to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:41 pm

I go thru these moods where I get burnt out on a band and then go back to them after a break, that includes my favorite band The Doors.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:55 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Bloodgood

Well I guess its time for you to trade those discs to me. bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_smile

LOL!!! Nope, those stay part of the collection Smile I can't ever bring myself to part with a CD, no matter how bad it is.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:56 pm

manny wrote:
I go thru these moods where I get burnt out on a band and then go back to them after a break, that includes my favorite band The Doors.

Burnt out on Deep Purple yet?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Some of the hair bands. Slaughter, Winger, etc. are all bands that at this particular point in time I just really do not want to hear.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Burnt out on Deep Purple yet?

I was after the Deep Purple thread, but I may spin them this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Metallica
Blind Guardian
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I have to agree with Toho,most power metal.Stuff like Firewind,Brainstorm.

I'm with Thrasher and Toho, european power metal is pretty much the first subgenre I spent a lot of time(and money) on when I first started listening to metal. Bands like Blind guardian, freedom call, and Hammerfall I used to like alot, cant remember when I spun disc by either of those three bands last. Battalions of fear and follow the blind are listenable still, but the rest not so much.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:49 pm

Count me in on the "tired of modern Euro power metal" crowd. When that scene first exploded in the late 90s I was all over it like a fat chick on a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, but after a couple of years it was obvious that most of those bands were just releasing the same record over and over again, if you catch my drift. After a while of hearing so many sound-alike records I decided to quit paying for the same bread in a different wrapper. I will still buy anything that Primal Fear or Helloween puts out but beyond those two I'm kinda done with that scene.

Mmmm... double quarter pounder with cheese... bread... two food references in the same post, it must be getting close to dinner time. bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:03 pm

There were SO MANY Euro-flower bands, so much hype for it, and so little songwriting quality after the first wave. True of most every musical movement.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Someone sent me a couple tracks from the new Epica album and I think I can add the whole "symphonic metal" genre to my burnt out list. I'm pretty sure I'd have been slobbering all over these songs 2 or 3 years ago but it just sounds pretentious and bombastic to me now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
There were SO MANY Euro-flower bands, so much hype for it, and so little songwriting quality after the first wave. True of most every musical movement.

I know what you mean, outside of Ultimatium, you can really see that in the Christian Metal genre
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

OK I have no idea what Euro-flower metal genre is, insight please.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Someone sent me a couple tracks from the new Epica album and I think I can add the whole "symphonic metal" genre to my burnt out list. I'm pretty sure I'd have been slobbering all over these songs 2 or 3 years ago but it just sounds pretentious and bombastic to me now.

this is because Epica is teh bl0wz.

I believe all that I'm 'burnt out' on or have moved past insofar as power metal is Sonata Arctica, but then again, I thought almost everything past the first album was wretched in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bands you like, but are burnt out on
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next