Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bands you like, but are burnt out on

Go down 
+37
fingers
SAHB Healer
Metal Misfit
T-Roy
jstate
DarthMetalis
Hate Forest
ohwellmonkey
TheGame2k2
powermacho
7thSecond
krokus
kmorg
James B.
XYZ
Chairman_Smith
Oggy Mcheadbanger
stepcousin
Troublezone
DeathCult
the sentinel
Schbopo
exact33
Stender
Olafsto
nevermore
manny
thejokeriv
ultmetal
mc666
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:34 pm

I was burnt out on power and prog metal for awhile but now getting back into it. I am little burnt on maiden right now though.

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:09 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
outside of Ultimatium

Pure Bollocks mate. It took the band 7 years to do a (leave aside the EP) a studio album, there was only two ways it could gone, 1-more of the same (3 Albums in 5 years remember with a very slight progression IMO) or 2-a step up to the bar or they surely would have had to bury it. Thankfully it was number 2, but I assume that it will be 2011 before we see the next album, so that's 4 more years, don't bother mentioning the covers album, as to me and others that's just a filler until the material is ready for a full lenght, not just Ultimatum but other bands practice the same, Exodus did this also in a way by rerecording BBB, look at Grave Digger, a Studio album every 2 years for the past decade (bad example though, their case is of quanity over quality) but to say that Ultimatum are leading the charge as such is wrong I think as Temple of Blood are also progressing and I've no alliegence to Jim or T.O.B. I don't even talk to him.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:16 pm

Need to add Helloween. Burnt out on and hard to connect with a lot of what they have. The Kai Hansen songwriting just hits me the hardest, quite honestly. So I still play Gamma Ray on a regular basis, but not so much Helloween. However, I think 'Better Than Raw' is probably one of their best, and definitely my favorite Deris era. Most of that era leaves me cold though, despite being enjoyable when it's on.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:11 pm

Locky wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
outside of Ultimatium

Pure Bollocks mate. It took the band 7 years to do a (leave aside the EP) a studio album, there was only two ways it could gone, 1-more of the same (3 Albums in 5 years remember with a very slight progression IMO) or 2-a step up to the bar or they surely would have had to bury it. Thankfully it was number 2, but I assume that it will be 2011 before we see the next album, so that's 4 more years, don't bother mentioning the covers album, as to me and others that's just a filler until the material is ready for a full lenght, not just Ultimatum but other bands practice the same, Exodus did this also in a way by rerecording BBB, look at Grave Digger, a Studio album every 2 years for the past decade (bad example though, their case is of quanity over quality) but to say that Ultimatum are leading the charge as such is wrong I think as Temple of Blood are also progressing and I've no alliegence to Jim or T.O.B. I don't even talk to him.

I read this 4 or 5 times and am still not sure what you were saying. I'm really tired, so perhaps I am just not understanding, but...what?

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Locky wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
outside of Ultimatium

I read this 4 or 5 times and am still not sure what you were saying. I'm really tired, so perhaps I am just not understanding, but...what?

I think we all know what's going on here; bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 634442
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Locky wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
outside of Ultimatium

Nah, I dont get it either. No offense Locky..haha. I do kinda understand what you are sayin' about Lex metallis being not really considered a Ultimatum full length, not a big fan of cover albums even considering how much I like Ultimatum, I still have not picked that record up yet.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Stender wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Locky wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
outside of Ultimatium

Nah, I dont get it either. No offense Locky..haha. I do kinda understand what you are sayin' about Lex metallis being not really considered a Ultimatum full length, not a big fan of cover albums even considering how much I like Ultimatum, I still have not picked that record up yet.

I don't get it either
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Dokken
WASP
Bon Jovi
Ozzy
Ratt
Vanhalen
Sabbath

I have discovered or upgraded on CD a lot of new stuff that is getting the bulk of my time and a bunch of the new releases of older bands like Megadeth, Kiss, Anthrax, and Winger.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Stender wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Locky wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
outside of Ultimatium

I don't get it either

Bassically, he's saying that Ultimatum's album releases are far between each other, generally years apart. So they aren't really leading the pack of the genre. At least thats what I think
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:48 am

Iron Maiden. I still love em', but I hardly ever listen to their stuff anymore.

I got burnt out on Megadeth for a while, but I got over that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:59 am

Currently...

Pantera
Suicidal Tendencies
Nevermore
Megadeth
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:06 am

Power metal and death metal. Still like them alot and/or love it but just doesnt interest me much anymore. I find myself going further and further back in the classic rock/metal direction these days, more to the early-to-mid 70's right now. Cant get enough of 70's rock/metal. It just seems so much more real; a vast unconquered frontier of creativity with no rules and no MTV, soda endorsements, or Aqua Net hairspray; and the 17 minute guitar solo was still cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
Locky wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
outside of Ultimatium

YeaI probably went the long way about saying it, but since I'm just back online, DC had summed it up for me (he must have been drinking last night too, considering noone else was able to understand my post)

My reply was in response to thejokeriv's comments about "outside Ultimatum you can really see the lack of songwriting quality in the Christian Metal genre" which it think is an incorrect statement, sure your last album was an excellent release and gave the fans and music followers what they wanted, I can't fault it, but this isn't about Ultimatum, it was just my reply to post in which the member said that besides Ultimatum there is noone else, which is untrue in my eyes.

this should help you understand my situation : bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_lol

bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Diggin10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:10 am

Pretty much anything recorded between 1985 & 1995....

My listening habits have been avoiding that 10 year span like the plague. Been there, done that, need a break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm nore confused than Uncle Saxon in a straight bar.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:13 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
I'm nore confused than Uncle Saxon in a straight bar.

bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 685534
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:46 pm

I go through times of being burnt out on a style but I usually come back to it. I've been burned out on Death Metal for awhile now and i'm starting to wonder if i'll get back into it.
I'm not burned out on bands so much as I think they lost the fire somewhere. Kamelot seems to be the worst of this lot. The old stuff is still great though. Nightwish is also in this category.
Back to top Go down
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Metal novice
Metal novice
Oggy Mcheadbanger

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:55 pm

Well pretty much:

Metallica - well everyone kinda burned em out for me really, I can't stand master of puppets anymore haha! Or One for that matter.

Helloween - I found out about them about a year back, got all their legendary material Walls of Jericho - Keepers pt.2 and just played the hell out of it. I'm putting these albums on hold now.

Slayer - I'm still fond of Show no Mercy, but I got pretty tired of reign in blood and hell awaits I know hell awaits is probably their best album but it's one of those cases where you just wanna not listen to it so much since yea...the burning!

and that's probably it really.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Megadeth
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Queen and Van Halen

They've both been making a bit of a comeback with me lately, though.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:43 am

I used to be burnt out... bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 82702

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:42 am

I'm burned out on the female fronted operatic Euro-metal thing.

I'm also burned out on most of the new wave of thrash. They all sound too much like eachother.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:34 am

I was burned out a couple of years too with all those power euro metal bands but now i play them again.
I dont realy know if i am burned out on some bands at this moment. Maybe IRON MAIDEN but i just dont play them lately and problem is solved.
I listen to so many different metal type´s, from GLAM till DEATH metal and like that its hard to get borred.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:44 am

kmorg wrote:
I'm also burned out on most of the new wave of thrash. They all sound too much like eachother.

Agreed. I love the original thrash bands, and also new thrash bands that sound modern. However, the whole trend with bands sounding exactly like Exodus on "Bonded by Blood", I just never got into that I guess.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:26 pm

I've never had a band that I really liked before and one day stopped liking. I've never gotten really burnt out on a band either, though I guess I have slowed down temporarily on a band for a while I guess. I still love and play all of the same 80's hairbands, thrash bands and hardcore bands that I did in the 80's. Heck if I still had my old patch covered jean jacket I wouldn't have to remove a patch on it. With that said I have disliked some of the newer material released by bands that I've always liked though such as Def Leppard, Queensryche, Metallica, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bands you like, but are burnt out on   bands you like, but are burnt out on - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bands you like, but are burnt out on
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next