Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!! Empty
PostSubject: Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!!   Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:30 am

Thought some of the KISS geeks/collectors out there might help me with this one... I'm trying to find a replacement for this baby:

Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!! 1_55e51162f7e5249761293a823606a0d1

This is a can of Czechosolvakia's "Pilsner Urquell" beer printed with KISS graphics on one side, commemorating the KISS Reunion Tour's stop in that country. I bought one of these at the last KISS Convention I attended in 1997 (I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $15-$20 for it if memory serves). Since I'm a beer buff and a KISS geek it was one of my favorite collectibles and it held a place of honor on a shelf in my bedroom (next to my Spencer Gifts exclusive Gene Simmons deluxe action figure) for many years.

Tragically, my two year old son got hold of this can over the weekend --- while I was putting some laundry away in the kids' rooms, the lil' bugger went into my bedroom while my back was turned, climbed up on my bed, grabbed the can off the shelf and CRRRRRUNCH!!! Squashed it beyond repair (and beyond recognition). Needless to say, I was less than thrilled when my older boy called out, "Daaaaa-ddy... look what Dan did to your beer can!" (Don't worry...I let the kid live, haha.)

I'd like to find a replacement for this can if possible but I took a quick look on eBay just now and there don't seem to be any available at the moment. Hell, it took me a while just to find a picture of the can using Google Image Search. Are there any web sites that deal exclusively with KISS collectibles that I might check out?? I'm almost afraid to find out how much $$ one of these puppies might be going for after a decade, but I feel I should at least give it a try.

Thanx in advance for any help!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!!   Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:06 am

I get an emails from some Kiss collectibles site all the time. They are always offering special deals. I'll have to see if I can find it for you.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!!   Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:11 am

ultmetal wrote:
I get an emails from some Kiss collectibles site all the time. They are always offering special deals. I'll have to see if I can find it for you.

Thanx Ult... A Google search for "KISS Collectibles" brings back zillions of results (of course) and since I've been out of the collecting game for a while, I have no idea which dealers/sites are reputable and which are not anymore, so I don't even know where to start. Appreciate it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!!   Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey fellow KISS geeks/collectors... need help!!
Page 1 of 1