Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Golden Age Of TV..........

Go down 
+4
ultmetal
thejokeriv
manny
rattpoison
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Golden Age Of TV.......... Empty
PostSubject: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:12 pm

Like Manny's thread but different.........TV performances from the 70's on a range of shows like Midnight Special, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, Old Grey Whistle Test, Music Laden etc........

Who are those two mugs at the start The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_cool .........

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:16 pm

That AC/DC clip rules and Bon was the man.

Rose Tattoo what a cool band that I missed out on til a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:18 pm

More Manny..........

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:36 pm

I love Sweet and that has to be one of the nastiest bass lines I have ever heard! Nice little guitar solo.

For a second there I thought Johnny Thunder might actually be playing in tune! Cool song and cool live clip, sadly the first time I heard this song was from Sid Vicious's solo LP 'Sid Sings' which I believe also features Johnny Thunders.

Excellent live clip of Aerosmith and after watching this live clip, it makes me wonder why Jack Douglas brought in ringers to play on the studio version of this song.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:47 pm

manny wrote:
I love Sweet and that has to be one of the nastiest bass lines I have ever heard! Nice little guitar solo.

People underestimate the Sweet, that is just one nasty pissed off performance. Attitude in spades rendering alot of Punk and Heavy Metal since rather tame.

Talking about attitude here's the TV performance that started a revolution in the UK.........

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:50 pm

The Sweet were completely misunderstood, I think it maybe because of their earlier hits such as 'Wig Wam Bam' and 'Little Willy'. which btw I still like those tunes but they became a whole different animal then what they started out as of.

One of my fav performances from the New York Dolls.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Not from the 70's but it may as well have been..........

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Very cool RP!!!! Never heard of Cruel Sea but that was a killer live performance.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

An old classic (even though lip synched):

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:02 pm

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:16 pm

"Bowzer" was my hero when I was a kid. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:21 pm

Coloured Balls in 1972.........

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

"Bowzer" was my hero when I was a kid. Laughing

LOL!! I remember this show!

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:32 am

I'm sure I saw The SAHB on American TV back then. I don't think it was The Midnight Special, so it must have Ben Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. I have a tape of a concert they did in New York which might be the same tape that aired on TV, but I'm not sure. I remember Alex painting "Vambo" on the wall in both performances though. It was the first time I'd ever heard of Alex Harvey.

update: It was a 1976 (?) show shared with Grover Washington Jr(!) and People's Choice (whoever that was?).
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:49 am

Muppet Show?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Age Of TV..........   The Golden Age Of TV.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Golden Age Of TV..........
Page 1 of 1