Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the next concert you are going to?

Go down 
+140
spiderhaven
stevegarveyfan
choosemetal
journeyman
Boris2008
ohwellmonkey
MEGATRON
Wurthless
jettafiend
springozzy
Big Rich
vanillaviking
grizzgreen18
assault_attack
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Pantera
Stormbringer
glassprison
SycoMantis
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
BearOnUnicycle
Igor
onrypt
Psychotron
Vexer6
Metal Misfit
ShadowAngel
Dellocatus
MetalFRO
stpatrik
Naurbereth
Mglaffas81
Nocturne
CraiggyOats
metalken
Arjun_M
Lee Connors
Sole Survivor
metalhead777
Andy
Lari
CRIMSONMASK
speed101
Morrison
ProgDoom
ernthrasher
mlotek
James B.
Thrasher1972
Wayne
DioRainbowManowar
Spiner202
The_Jayroh
holydiver97595
martinsane
SpectreFate
Waylon
troublemagnet
Jessrox
rawr!
Coram Deo
Nico
Getizzyback
Witchfinder
tohostudios
CountKarnstein
candlemass
Sinistar
FlyingV
ZetaReticuli
EvyMetal
Thrasher73
adrian
Red Kitty
Alex Dee Rokket
Smindas
spiritoradio
Shawn Of Fire
RiseAndFall
Lurideath
Sutekh
Orion Crystal Ice
Mordor
metallicleora
jstate
Shiney
stormspell
dirtracin1
Ricky
Gilbert
snooloui
Jesusandmetal23
chewie
manny
Zdan
Storm_Rider89
MetalH
sovdat
Doomdance
QuothTheRaven
JBall_Z
krokus
mez
Schbopo
mxgtrst
Addy
Black Coffee
iamrockerfun
Joe
JDC
powermacho
allthingsmetal
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
7thSaviour
Glenn Rogers
TheGooch
Hamer12
fingers
bootheskin
Troublezone
Stender
mr.electric39
BillRoxx
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
kmorg
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
nevermore
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
ghost
Wargod
sheets
325ad
Metallic Blaze
144 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:15 pm

It seems the main reasons I love Rush, are usually the same reasons other people hate Rush. Geddy's vocals, Neil's lyrics, extended-length songs, synthesizer use, etc.

To each his own, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Geddy's vocals don't bother me. Their overly-synthesized sound in the 80's is definaetly a stumbling block in my book, but I could say that about of lots of 70's bands 80's output. It was just a sign of the times.

My main hurdle in liking Rush is radio-related burn-out. Hearing the hits ad nauseum all these years has soured my opinion of the band. Even when I had satellite radio and they played deeper tracks, it was still overkill. You couldn't go an hour without hearing a Rush tune, and more often than not, a "hit".

I had the 2-disc Chronicals comp for awhile, but it didn't get much spin-time. Are there non-hits that I'd dig? Probably. But I don't know that I want to invest in a band that I may-or-may-not like.

I'm seeing the show for free and I brought some beers from home for pre-gaming. It's a Friday night out and I get to see live music. I've got nothing to lose. I'm going into it with an open mind. If I like 'em, cool. If not, oh well. Someday, I can bore my kids with stories that I got to see Rush LIVE!

At the very least, I'll get to see Neil at work. I hear he's pretty decent behind the kit. Wink

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:44 pm

You will hear some hits on this tour, but I would guess the majority will be tracks you aren't familiar with. The first set is primarily 80s material, some of which were on the Chronicles set but also several album tracks they've pulled out for this tour.

The second set is mostly their new album Clockwork Angels, they have been performing on average 9 - 10 songs from the album. Then some more hits for the closing songs and encore.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
You will hear some hits on this tour, but I would guess the majority will be tracks you aren't familiar with. The first set is primarily 80s material, some of which were on the Chronicles set but also several album tracks they've pulled out for this tour.

The second set is mostly their new album Clockwork Angels, they have been performing on average 9 - 10 songs from the album. Then some more hits for the closing songs and encore.

I'm going with the assumption that I won't recognize allot of the material. Or possibly recognize the tune, but not know the title. I know I've heard allot, but I probably only know a handful of tunes by name. I'll be the dickhead yelling for 'Tom Sawyer' the whole night!! Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tonight is Rush.

This is my last effort to become a fan. If I'm not convinced after seeing them live, I'm closing the book on this chapter.

Well, it's official. I'm not a Rush fan.

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:05 am

Knowing your music tastes I'm not the least bit surprised. As I said before you went, if you didn't like them before nothing is going to change that.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:30 am

May go to see Six Feet Under on Nov. 1st
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:11 am

S.D. wrote:
Knowing your music tastes I'm not the least bit surprised. As I said before you went, if you didn't like them before nothing is going to change that.

Not always true. I've seen other bands that I didn't care for and became a fan after seeing their live performance.

Rush's set-list was very 80's/keyboard-oriented for the first half and with a few exceptions, I don't like keyboards. I split after the intermission.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 am

GWAR on Monday

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:06 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
GWAR on Monday

What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 778825

Always a fun time!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Schenker is in town tomorrow night. I might go just to stand on the sidewalk and protest the show. That is, on the 10% chance he shows up.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm going to this show tomorrow night...

What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 525632_10152202448565790_335798285_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Tommy Emmanuel - best acoustic virtuoso ever, for me. returnig after 5 yrs.

Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:05 pm

I really enjoyed the show on the weekend!

Some people I know in person said they were going to attend the show on the Facebook event page, but a number of them never showed up. Apparently, the show was originally planned to be on a later date, but got moved to an earlier date, which I guess explains why they didn't show up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Megadeth/Kyng in Charlotte or Atlanta.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:56 pm

The Sword/Gypsyhawk/Eagle Claw tonight.

The co-worker that was supposed to go with me tonight has to bail. So anyone want to join me in Philly tonight? Ticket is only $16 and the first round is on me. cheers

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 pm

vanillaviking wrote:

I'll be going to the Charlotte show.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Deep Purple w/ Journey in February
Black Sabbath in April

I can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Dethklok with Machine Head, All That Remains (meh), and Black Dahlia Murder in Chattanooga!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Steel Panther on Saturday
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:57 pm

nevermore wrote:
vanillaviking wrote:

I'll be going to the Charlotte show.
I usually do all 3 (Myrtle Beach); too broke right now. ATL it is. Have fun in Charlotte & let us know how it was!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Megadeth next Saturday!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Southern Lord Records "Power Of The Riff" 12/20 in Los Angeles

High On Fire
Sunn O)))
C.O.C.
Black Breath

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Southern Lord Records "Power Of The Riff" 12/20 in Los Angeles

High On Fire
Sunn O)))
C.O.C.
Black Breath

That will be awesome!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:05 pm

nevermind

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the next concert you are going to?
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: