Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Empty
PostSubject: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:16 pm

I thought you would like these brother...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:05 pm

This is actually pretty good. I like it!

Of course, I like me some punk! These guys Italian?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:45 pm

Greatest Italian band EVER! Saw the Dayglo Abortions open for them in the 7th st Entry in '86 and then again in your neck of the woods [Portland, OR] a couple of summers ago. Portland hardcore fans are lame. Pretty sure me and one dude with a fin were the only people there that had a clue who they were. And they were headlining!

STATE-OP-PRES-SION - State Oppression - STATE-OP-PRES-SION - State Oppression!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Those hardcore people you ran into were probably the same twats that noted my cryptic slaughter "streams of consious" shirt as "cool thrashcore" when I saw circle jerks in 08.........ITS F'ING CROSSOVER MAN!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Stender on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:41 pm

No melody. This is the kind of punk I can't stand.

Yeah, I'm a power pop kitten.

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
No melody. This is the kind of punk I can't stand.

Yeah, I'm a power pop kitten.

I wasn't exactly holding Auntie close during the Raw Power ballads, toho. There is no time for melody in real punk. Unless, of course, you follow around the Warped tour.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 pm

I like this stuff, but I also like more melodious punk like Toho.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:34 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
There is no time for melody in real punk. Unless, of course, you follow around the Warped tour.

Thats probably why I'm not much of a punk fan. I need at least some kind of melody in my music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:30 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Greatest Italian band EVER! Saw the Dayglo Abortions open for them in the 7th st Entry in '86 and then again in your neck of the woods [Portland, OR] a couple of summers ago. Portland hardcore fans are lame. Pretty sure me and one dude with a fin were the only people there that had a clue who they were. And they were headlining!

even greater than Bulldozer? Laughing "Screams from the gutter" is a hardcore classic. They were just in the Pacific Northwest last year recording a new album. They played a bunch of shows in Washington, wish I'd got to see them. I'm surprised nobody in Portland knew who they were, they've got a good HC scene there and some great bands from that area (Posion Idea, Final Warning, Criminal Damage, Burning Leather, etc)
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 pm

JDC wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

even greater than Bulldozer? Laughing "Screams from the gutter" is a hardcore classic. They were just in the Pacific Northwest last year recording a new album. They played a bunch of shows in Washington, wish I'd got to see them. I'm surprised nobody in Portland knew who they were, they've got a good HC scene there and some great bands from that area (Posion Idea, Final Warning, Criminal Damage, Burning Leather, etc)

Yo, I'm in Oregon and your so right dude about the punk scene here....Poison idea ruled. Eugene/portland/salem is killer. Every weekend you can count on a rad show at the satyricon.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:23 am

DallasBlack wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
There is no time for melody in real punk. Unless, of course, you follow around the Warped tour.

Thats probably why I'm not much of a punk fan. I need at least some kind of melody in my music.

Check out some of the more melodic punk then.

Here - let me know what you think of this (these guys are one of my all time favorite punk bands):

Last edited by Metallic Blaze on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:28 am

MB, that song isn't punk. It's more alternative rock. But nice to see Ione Skye on that video.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:29 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MB, that song isn't punk. It's more alternative rock. But nice to see Ione Skye on that video.

I totally posted the wrong video.

I meant to post NOFX.

Check it again Spec.

And you're right. Harvey Danger is alternative. I like them though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)   RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RAW POWER: Still screaming(FOR YOU UNCLE SAX!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: