Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feminists write about heavy metal...

Go down 
+10
Required Fields
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
Blueflame5-
Troublezone
DeathCult
SlaytanicPOWER
Conservationist
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Feminists write about heavy metal... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists write about heavy metal...   Feminists write about heavy metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Conservationist wrote:
Feminists write about heavy metal... - Page 2 Bitch_41_web

smurfette, a feminist magazine, published the article "Horning In -- The case for feminist metal" in their fall 2008 issue. It talks about famous women in metal and why women should play metal, as well as the parts of metal that are pro-feminist.

Horning In: The Feminist Case for Metal (Download, 8mb, JPG)
Nothing wrong with women being part of the music industry as long as they can play their instruments they are most welcome or if they are not talented but however write catchy memorable songs like for instance Blondie weren't very talented but they certainly wrote catchy memorable songs they are welcome. But on the other hand if I was started out in a band and a fat gothic chick auditioned for my band I would have to turn her down not because of my sake but since the music industry is very apperist my band would struggle getting the best gigs, managers, promos etc.
Feminists at times do have valid opinions but in other times they go way too far like for instance I agree with ultmetal that they making a big deal about the Queen song "fat bottomed girls" like it is just fiction and if Queen were saying about a particular woman in real life for having a a fat arse they'd then have a reason to be angry about it
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Feminists write about heavy metal...   Feminists write about heavy metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
When did BW&BK mag go belly up? I knew about Maniacs but not them.

They sunk just shortly after Metal Maniacs did. I was so bummed. That was my favorite magazine.

Feminists write about heavy metal... - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

That sucks. I was only a casual BW&BK reader (copies were rather expensive here in the U.S. so I only bought it once in a while) but it was a quality mag.

So what mags does that leave? Revolver? Decibel? Ugh.

The best Metal magazines left are U.K. Based such as Terrorizer and Metal Hammer.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Feminists write about heavy metal...   Feminists write about heavy metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:38 pm

325ad wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
When did BW&BK mag go belly up? I knew about Maniacs but not them.

They sunk just shortly after Metal Maniacs did. I was so bummed. That was my favorite magazine.

Feminists write about heavy metal... - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

That sucks. I was only a casual BW&BK reader (copies were rather expensive here in the U.S. so I only bought it once in a while) but it was a quality mag.

So what mags does that leave? Revolver? Decibel? Ugh.

The best Metal magazines left are U.K. Based such as Terrorizer and Metal Hammer.

Exactly. Those are what I buy now. Both of them have some pretty good content.

More metal people should be buying these mags. That is why they shut down. Not enough people supporting their metal scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feminists write about heavy metal...   Feminists write about heavy metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feminists write about heavy metal...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2