Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
arttieTHE1manparty
fingers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Empty
PostSubject: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 7:55 am

I recently heard that Rowan what's his name was in Dio on the Lock up the Wolves album. Why did he leave Dio and what an earth did he start a new band or just become a private citizen again? hmmmmmmm..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 9:04 am

Rowan Robertson was his name.

I think that Dio went back to Sabbath after that release so the band (Dio) went on hold. He then auditioned for Whitesnake but that didn't work out as they were quite at the time and had no record planned, then when Ronnie reformed Dio, Rowan was already in a project with the Lynch Mob vocalist so he wasn't asked to go back.

He now plays in DC4 with Shawn Duncan

http://www.myspace.com/dc4duncan
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 9:20 am

My best friend from high school and I always called him Zippy The Wonder Boy!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 9:30 am

http://www.myspace.com/rowanrobertson

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:23 pm

Lock Up the Wolves!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:26 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Zippy The Wonder Boy!
nice Laughing very hard

Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 6:51 pm

I think Ted Cook and Jens Johansson were younger too guys too-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 8:21 pm

Locky wrote:
Rowan Robertson was his name.

I think that Dio went back to Sabbath after that release so the band (Dio) went on hold. He then auditioned for Whitesnake but that didn't work out as they were quite at the time and had no record planned, then when Ronnie reformed Dio, Rowan was already in a project with the Lynch Mob vocalist so he wasn't asked to go back.

He now plays in DC4 with Shawn Duncan

http://www.myspace.com/dc4duncan
angry

I am so pissed off at this thread and that link. I've been waiting to try and win a Roadhouse (Pete Willis' post-Def Leppard band) single on eBay. With like 3 minutes left, I clicked on that stupid link and because MySpace is the ultimate example of horrible web design, it locked my PC up, and I lost the auction.

I want to punch my monitor like I was 13 playing NES. I've never even seen that single before. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 12:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I've been waiting to try and win a Roadhouse (Pete Willis' post-Def Leppard band) single on eBay.

What was the details of that Single ? post 'em up or PM me and i'l keep an eye out on this side of the water for it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 1:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I clicked on that stupid link and because MySpace is the ultimate example of horrible web design, it locked my PC up, and I lost the auction.

Ouch!! I feel your pain brother... I abso-muther-fudgin'-lutely DESPISE MySpace... I don't even bother clicking on MySpace links for bands anymore cuz 9 times outta ten, the page either takes forever to load cuz there's so much junk in it (fancy wallpaper, the media player, a zillion photos, etc., etc.), or it just locks my computer up altogether. Evil or Very Mad I'm glad to see I'm not the only one this happens to!!

Shame about missing out on that Single though!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 1:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I clicked on that stupid link and because MySpace is the ultimate example of horrible web design, it locked my PC up, and I lost the auction.
Ouch!! I feel your pain brother... I abso-muther-fudgin'-lutely DESPISE MySpace... I don't even bother clicking on MySpace links for bands anymore cuz 9 times outta ten, the page either takes forever to load cuz there's so much junk in it (fancy wallpaper, the media player, a zillion photos, etc., etc.), or it just locks my computer up altogether. Evil or Very Mad I'm glad to see I'm not the only one this happens to!!

Shame about missing out on that Single though!!
The problem with MySpace is the coding is way too hard for regular people. CSS makes HTML look like something a two-year-old could figure out. So everyone takes code from those MySpace generator websites. That's fine, but those websites embed their own code in there and that's what makes pages suck. If you're going to take the code from those pages, you gotta remove all the extra nonsense you don't need. People don't know how to do that, so they're inadvertantly uploading viruses and spyware to their page, screwing over their "friends."

Anyway, the Roadhouse single was for the song "Hell Can Wait." The auction was from a Japanese seller, so the English was ridiculous, but from what I saw, there was the title track, a demo of "Jackson High," "Loving You" and "More Than I Want." "Jackson High" and "More Than I Want" are non-LP tracks, though I have "More Than I Want" already since it's also on the "All Join Hands" single. I definitely want this. They were a great band, but pretty much completely unknown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 11:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
Anyway, the Roadhouse single was for the song "Hell Can Wait." I definitely want this. They were a great band, but pretty much completely unknown.

I'll keep an eye out over this area for it and report back.

This is the same Roadhouse that had a song on the Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man OST ? the song is cool if it is them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio   What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to that 17yr old guitarist who was in Dio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: