Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Candlemass

Go down 
+25
nevermore
Wrecked Neck
mr.electric39
stormspell
candlemass
James B.
SpectreFate
mez
mc666
Hamer12
ZetaReticuli
manny
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
Leatherface
Lurideath
kmorg
Coma
FlyingV
Required Fields
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Candlemass - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 1:29 am

candlemass wrote:
I just per-ordered that EP today, along with another Candlemass release coming soon.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/peaceville/product/261/7322/

Candlemass - Page 3 Large5821

To coincide with the 30th anniversary of the Swedish Metal greats, Behind the Wall of Doom is a commemorative 3CD/2DVD set featuring an expansive 92 page book by writer Per-Ola Nilsson.

The three decade long tale of Candlemass is told from recollections of band members past and present and chronicles the rise and domination of the pioneering Swedes (who have firmly stamped their mark on the Metal world).

Includes never seen before photos dating from the mid-1980s Epicus Doomicus Metallicus period to the present day.

Also included are the Candlemass demos, plus rare and previously unheard tracks from the band's early rehearsals in 1985, alongside choice tracks from Candlemass's early classic releases, as selected by Leif Edling and former vocalist, Messiah Marcolin.

The set is completed with extensive DVD footage featuring several integral band performances over the decades, including the much sought and revered Dynamo performance from 1988, plus other exclusive material.

Behind the Wall of Doom is presented in deluxe 12" hardback book format.

Available at a special early-bird price of 34.99.

CD 1:

1. DEMON'S GATE
2. UNDER THE OAK
3. A SORCERER'S PLEDGE
4. THE WELL OF SOULS - LIVE
5. DARK ARE THE VEILS OF DEATH
6. BATTLECRY
7. ANCIENT DREAMS
8. BEARER OF PAIN
9. DARK REFLECTIONS
10. INTO THE UNFATHOMED TOWER

CD 2:

1. MOURNER'S LAMENT
2. SOMEWHERE IN NOWHERE
3. SAMARITHAN
4. A TALE OF CREATION
5. BEWITCHED
6. MIRROR MIRROR
7. THE WELL OF SOULS
8. UNDER THE OAK
9. AT THE GALLOWS END
10. SOLITUDE

CD 3:

Witchcraft Demo
1. WARCHILD
2. CRYSTAL BALL
3. A SORCERER'S PLEDGE
4. INTO THE UNFATHOMED TOWER
Upplands Vasby rehearsal
5. DEMON'S GATE
6. UNDER THE OAK
7. UNDER THE OAK (alternate version)
8. BLACK STONE WIELDER
9. DEMON'S GATE (alternate version)
10. UNDER THE OAK (alternate version 2)
O.A.L. Studio Demo
11. BLACK STONE WIELDER
12. DEMON'S GATE

DVD 1:

Live at Dynamo Festival The Netherlands 1988:

1. THE WELL OF SOULS
2. BEWITCHED
3. SOLITUDE
4. AT THE GALLOWS END
5. CRYSTAL BALL
6. DARK ARE THE VEILS OF DEATH
7. A SORCERER'S PLEDGE

Live at Bang Your Head Festival Germany 2005:

1. BLACK DWARF
2. MIRROR MIRROR
3. ASSASSIN OF THE LIGHT
4. COPERNICUS
5. SOLITUDE
6. BEARER OF PAIN
7. AT THE GALLOWS END

DVD 2:

Live at Fryshuset Sweden 1990:

1. THE WELL OF SOULS
2. DARK ARE THE VEILS OF DEATH
3. BEWITCHED
4. SOLITUDE
5. DARK REFLECTIONS
6. UNDER THE OAK
7. DEMON'S GATE
8. THE BELLS OF ACHERON
9. THROUGH THE INFINITIVE HALLS OF DEATH
10. SAMARITHAN
11. MIRROR MIRROR
12. AT THE GALLOWS END
13. A SORCERER'S PLEDGE

Fryshuset extras: Behind the scenes and soundcheck

Can't wait to get this baby in the mail! headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 11:12 am

That looks like a really cool set. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 1:31 pm

They've put out quite a few documentaries over the years...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 3:57 am

So have any of you picked up that book/cd/dvd set I posted about above? I just started reading mine tonight and think it's pretty cool so far. I love the band, but they are one of those bands I do t really know much about. I have every CD they've put out, and love most every song, but never read much about them, so they are still kind of a mystery band for me. Looking forward to reading the rest of it.

On a side note, I once gamed with the grandson of the dude that created the infamous skull logo. For those that might not know, the skull logo was drawn mostly by Mats Ekströms father. I read tonight that Leif had drawn a rough draft sort of, then Mats had his father draw it up right, and that's the one on the first album. I met the grandson while playing Battlefield 3 I think. We were chatting in game and he was telling me about his grandfather being the artist for that. Of course he could have been lying, but he was in Sweden so I think he was telling the truth.

Anyway, just thought the book was pretty cool so far. Great quality also, you all should get one if they are still available.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 1:23 am

Anyone digging psalms for the dead? Listening to it right now at work and i must say it is impressive. The fast tracks are good and catchy. I always like it when candlemass speed up the tempo.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 11:19 am

Bump for new (old) vocalist update...

Swedish doom metal legends CANDLEMASS have parted ways with singer Mats Levén and have been rejoined by Johan Längqvist.

Längqvist sang on CANDLEMASS's debut album, 1986's "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus", before exiting the group and being replaced by Messiah Marcolin.

Commented CANDLEMASS: "We wanted to find our way back to the roots of CANDLEMASS, back to the soul and essence of the band. Johan Längqvist is back and we hope this will give us some new energy and kickstart the heart of doom again. We don't know if it will last 10 more years or even five, but if it will give us just another year of having fun and playing the music that we love so much, it will be a blast! The circle is closed, Johan is back!"

Levén, who had been with CANDLEMASS since 2012, added in a separate statement: "First, let me salute all the fans in Europe, South/Latin America, North America and Japan for coming to our shows during the last six years. It's been a true privilege and joy playing for you all — thank you! Also, a big thanks to our crew, promotors and every musician filling in whenever it was necessary. I especially want to mention Per Wiberg (bass/keyboards) who's done quite a few CANDLEMASS shows and also been a splendid roommate — thanks amigo."

CANDLEMASS is currently recording a new studio album for a tentative 2019 release.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 1:00 pm

Epicus is my favorite Candlemass album, but would rather have Messiah back. But I'm really excited at seeing what Johan can do. I bought the live record they released a few years ago with him singing all of Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, and he sounded a bit rusty in parts, so it should be interesting to hear the new album. Still pretty cool he's back though!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 1:29 pm

I need to get their latest ep.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 2:46 am

Just read that Tony Iommi is doing a solo on one of the songs on the upcoming new album.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbaths-tony-iommi-to-guest-on-new-candlemass-album-the-door-to-doom.html

headbanger
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 7:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for new (old) vocalist update...

Swedish doom metal legends CANDLEMASS have parted ways with singer Mats Levén and have been rejoined by Johan Längqvist.

Längqvist sang on CANDLEMASS's debut album, 1986's "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus", before exiting the group and being replaced by Messiah Marcolin.

Now this is good news indeed! headbanger
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 8:09 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 8:54 am

headbanger headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 11:22 am

I'm looking forward to this! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 12:37 pm

I don't know anything about this band -
except for the " Bewitched " video. Watched that many a time.
What release would you all suggest for me - to get my feet wet - ?
Or their top two favorites -
Thanks -
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 1:22 pm

Glower wrote:
I don't know anything about this band -
except for the " Bewitched " video. Watched that many a time.
What release would you all suggest for me - to get my feet wet - ?
Or their top two favorites -
Thanks -
Epicus Doomicus Metallicus is my favorite. Nightfall is probably most people's favorite though. Can't go wrong with either one, both are great albums.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm

I liked Mats Levin, I liked him in Krux and Candlemass with him sound like Krux.

However I am beyond f£%king stoked that they have gotten a singer that can make them sound like Candlemass again!!

So in short.......... headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 1:34 pm

New song posted today, fucking epic!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 1:42 pm

I love that new track!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Johan should have been the choice after they split w/Messiah again, perhaps he was not available at the time...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Loving this. Cant wait to hear the Iommi track which is called Astorolus - The Great Octopus
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Loving this. Cant wait to hear the Iommi track which is called Astorolus - The Great Octopus
You mean this one???
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
You mean this one???

Video not available! angry

Any good?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 2:17 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
You mean this one???

Video not available! angry

Any good?
Yes, I think it's very good. Surprised nobody else has commented on it. Have you had a chance to finish nd a working video anywhere? I think this is going to end up being my favorite release of the year.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 12:59 pm

Well here is the official video for Astorolus -The Great Octopus. Saw it a few days ago and meant to post it, but shit happens. Guess not many around here have been as excited as me for this release. Figured it would have been posted by now, but here ya go...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:45 pm

I'm one of those looking forward to it.

I'm surprised that video hasn't been yanked off of YouTube given the nudity.

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candlemass
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: