Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Candlemass

Go down 
+25
nevermore
Wrecked Neck
mr.electric39
stormspell
candlemass
James B.
SpectreFate
mez
mc666
Hamer12
ZetaReticuli
manny
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
Leatherface
Lurideath
kmorg
Coma
FlyingV
Required Fields
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Candlemass - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:15 pm

I'm not too familiar with this band. I need to check them out. Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, their first album. As I've stated before that's the best album ever imo. Everything with Cmass on it is brilliant, but EDM is by far their best. Just check out my ranking on the last page. Wink
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:55 pm

I only have one albums of theirs on cassette, and I need to upgraded, but based on the responses on this thread I will have check out their other releases.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:31 am

Hey check out this preview of their new DVD... pay attention at 0:30, and you'll see the guitarist get hit by some object. I was laughing my ass off when I saw this. To promote their new dvd, they included a part where one of their guys gets hit by a fruit, haha. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPt1edok3R0&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:25 am

Which album has Black Dwarf on it? I love that freakin' song!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 am

Hamer12 wrote:
Which album has Black Dwarf on it? I love that freakin' song!!

Candlemass - Page 2 Candlemass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:53 am

I'm wondering what happened to Metalguy's thoughts on Ch. VI? I can't hang on this seat forever.

I'd say to a noob on the band get Nightfall and Tales Of Creation for starters.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I'm wondering what happened to Metalguy's thoughts on Ch. VI? I can't hang on this seat forever.

I'd say to a noob on the band get Nightfall and Tales Of Creation for starters.

Whoops, forgot about that one. Sorry, bro.

I think Chapter VI is pretty decent, but I could see how long-time fans might not dig it. It lost some of the doomier aspects that the band was known for as well as the introduction of a new vocalist, which is always hard for long-time fans to accept. It's more of a straight-up heavy metal album.

It's a good listen though and if you're new to the band and not so committed to the doom sound of their earlier albums, you'd probably like this. I know I do, and that's what counts to me. So speaketh thee MetalGuy. Candlemass - Page 2 209773

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:28 pm

And I agree. It actually works well that they went power metal with the different singer who is Thomas Vikstrom, he couldn't pull off singing like Messiah. He's a good singer though, maybe best knows for his stuff with Stormwing.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 pm

i pretty much like every album. Tales of Creation is probably my all time favorite.

mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:49 pm

I have the following EDM, Nightfall , Ancient Dreams, Tales of Creation, Candlemass, King of the Grey Islands, Death Magic Doom. Out of all of them, the only one that never really clicked with me was the DMD album. Maybe I should replay it, but for whatever reason I just felt it was boring or bland. I love all of Marcolins stuff, but I think Lowe did an amazing job on his first album with them. Solid and fits up there with all the other ones.

Never heard the other 3 albums with different singers, but read reviews and it sounded like they were not as good.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:56 am

mez wrote:
I have the following EDM, Nightfall , Ancient Dreams, Tales of Creation, Candlemass, King of the Grey Islands, Death Magic Doom. Out of all of them, the only one that never really clicked with me was the DMD album. Maybe I should replay it, but for whatever reason I just felt it was boring or bland. I love all of Marcolins stuff, but I think Lowe did an amazing job on his first album with them. Solid and fits up there with all the other ones.

Never heard the other 3 albums with different singers, but read reviews and it sounded like they were not as good.

I'm not that fond of DMD either. I think it's their worst album yet.

Regarding the "other 3 albums," I think all of them are amazing. Especially From the 13th Sun, which is an album of titanic proportions.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Candlemass - Page 2 83628

Awesome demo with Tony Martin on vocals. I wish they would have kept him.....

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Wow, never knew this existed.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:14 pm

ditto

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 11:28 pm

One of my all time favorite bands! Glad it didn't work out w/Tony Martin, bad fit, hope they can finish it out w/Messiah someday...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 11:48 pm

Still waiting for the return of Messiah...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Probably the best track off of VI...

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 9:53 pm

I was given a dubbed tape of EDM by a classmate back in 1986 and it ignited a long-lasting fascination and worship. Everything up to Chapter VI included is pure gold in my books. Lost track of the band once Lowe joined - a great vocalist for sure but never clicked in Candlemass with me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Yea, I was pretty bummed after Messiah left again. That was like one of my all time favorite bands, and largely in part to the vocals! Never the less, I was already a fan of Solitude Aeturnus and Last Chapter, and those lp's are really good as well. However, I was not nearly as enthused as Rex was when Rob got the gig...
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 5:26 pm

At the Gallows End was a favorite track of mine...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 11:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 12:13 am

I ended up getting the band's first three albums a couple of months ago. Some very good songs and a couple of speedy ones too! Now i need to check out more of their cds.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 9:14 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, their first album. As I've stated before that's the best album ever imo. Everything with Cmass on it is brilliant, but EDM is by far their best. Just check out my ranking on the last page. Wink

Epicus Doomicus Metallicus is my favorite doom metal album of all time, hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 10:16 am

I'm always a bit surprised at this, as I've always felt "Nightfall" was/is their best. Even members of the band liked Epicus better, as they said as much when I met them here on tour in 87...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass   Candlemass - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candlemass
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: