Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to all the newbies!

Go down 
+32
manny
James B.
DallasBlack
dirtracin1
Mordor
tohostudios
EvyMetal
Sutekh
metalmaniac122
Witchfinder
INVADERS
fishingd
Igor
SAHB Healer
stepcousin
MetalH
KissinMaiden
ghost
journeyman
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
Invader
Wargod
Required Fields
GrandNational
iamrockerfun
TrogDawn
Smindas
kmorg
Thrasher73
mc666
ultmetal
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:22 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
A question to the established members of this board:

At what point do you consider someone to no longer be a newbie?

When you become old like me and few others here!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Hail all, I'm fairly new around here. Been looking for ages 🤘

I'm from Newcastle, Australia. Been into metal for a good 20+ years.

Great board and thx to all who run it :hails: :hails:

Keep the flame burning

Stay Heavy
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:55 pm

Just joined, but have enjoyed reading board for a while now.
I'm here in South Carolina, love all kinds of metal, Iron Maiden has always been my favorite though. 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:06 pm

Welcome newbies, always good to see HOM expanding.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 11:00 am

Never saw this thread till today

Joined a few months back
enjoy the flow of things round here and the wealth of knowledge shared.

Oh yeah "I Like Metal ALOT"

laterz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:10 pm

I know several newbies have come to this board in the last month and I have yet to welcome them (I have been less and less motivated to post on the HOM-not anything against anybody but I'm getting tired of working 7 days a week and have just been too lazy to do any significant posting). So in order not to be seen rude I want to take the time to welcome all those I have yet to welcome. Once I procure a day off again I will be here more often (bad news for those who don't like me Razz ).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:48 pm

Quote :
(bad news for those who don't like me
Who cares about Spec's opinions anyways? haha

Welcome all you young, nubile, milky-fleshed....oh-oh, I was just suppose to think that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:59 pm

I like DB. That other crap's in the past.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:03 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Who cares about Spec's opinions anyways? haha

Spec is up over 100 posts in three days, breaking the record for noob post whorage. Slow down there boy! Spec needs to be reminded that noobs should be seen and not herded. Razz
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:18 pm

Hi my name is Manny from Tampa, Fl been a metal fan for over 20 years,
but I listen to everything from R.E.M., Duran Duran, John Coltrane to
Venom, Morbid Angel and a Job for a Cowboy, my favorite bands are still
old school The Doors, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, anyway first
time I have joined any kind of online anything so this is very cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 pm

manny wrote:
Hi my name is Manny from Tampa, Fl been a metal fan for over 20 years,
but I listen to everything from R.E.M., Duran Duran, John Coltrane to
Venom, Morbid Angel and a Job for a Cowboy, my favorite bands are still
old school The Doors, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, anyway first
time I have joined any kind of online anything so this is very cool.

Hey Manny, I'm in Bartow, about 45 minutes from you. I go to school in Tampa. Nice to have a local on the board! Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Welcome Manny,sorry you live so close to Spec
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:07 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

Too bad you didn't live closer. I'd be at your house every weekend. I promise.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:12 pm

Welcome Manny, my fellow Slade fan!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Hey its only a 14 hour drive. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Tampa, cool! I used to live there. I caught a lot of bands at Rubys.Lots of Nasty Savage & Avitar gigs.
It's a long shot but were any of you at the Savatage / Zebra show back in '83? I believe it was Avitars first show as Savatage. Great night!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Hehe...Spec's a noob! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:01 am

ccs wrote:
Tampa, cool! I used to live there. I caught a lot of bands at Rubys.Lots of Nasty Savage & Avitar gigs.
It's a long shot but were any of you at the Savatage / Zebra show back in '83? I believe it was Avitars first show as Savatage. Great night!

That would have been awesome, but I was 9 in 1983. Smile
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:04 am

Hello Folks,

My name is Phil, I am from Rio Rancho New Mexico. I've been a huge rock fan since discovering Alice Cooper, KISS, and Ted Nugent when I was in the 4th grade back in 1975. I listen to all kinds of music but my heart is really with Hard Rock or Metal music.

This is a cool forum, I have a good time reading from the different topics and seeing all the different opinions. I've picked up some cool new music from being here too.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:07 am

welcome skullsmasher! Eventually the entire town of Rio Rancho will be members of this board. It's like Scott has put up banners all over town advertising this place. Smile
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:55 am

It's funny that I wasn't really looking for a place like this. I just did a google search for a current priest setlist and someone had posted one through this site. I just got to looking around to see what else was here and liked what I saw and stayed. I really had no idea that there was a Rio Rancho connection until a bit later.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:53 am

ccs wrote:

No I did not see that show but I did see them as Avitar in Mr. T's Club 19 back in 83, I even had a vinyl copy of the 95 ynf comp that had an early recording of theirs under that name but I stupidly got rid of it one year
Back to top Go down
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey whats up everyone, I actually came to this board to get an outside view on something after me an my friends and a debate on the Core genres vs More traditional stuff and Death. I dont post a ton but I am going to try to more. I really love all types of metal all of it is entertaing on one way or another. I am really partial to Death/Thrash/Metalcore/Deathcore when it comes to metal. I also dig classic rock alot, stuff such as Boston, Zepplin, The Who, all the stuff everyone knows and loves along with some guilty pleasures such as Journey, and Molly Hatchet. The biggest thing I get smurf poo for is being a Slipknot fan (someone tell me Iowa did not kick ass). I am also a big loyalist, if a band first two albums are good then I am hooked and will buy everything they put out.

Fav Bands:3 Inches of Blood, Between the Buried and Me, The Acacia Strain, Black Dahlia Murder, Job for a Cowboy, Chimaira, Metallica, Slayer, Cryptopsy (New and Old), Hatebreed even though most say they are not metal, and the list goes on and on. If you throw music at me that contains somewhat of an aggressive tone, chances are that I will like it.
Back to top Go down
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:07 pm

spectrefate wrote:
ccs wrote:

That would have been awesome, but I was 9 in 1983. Smile

I was -1 Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:15 pm

spectrefate wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Good thing for him he DOESN'T live closer. You'd eat all his food and drink all his beer.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to all the newbies!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next