Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to all the newbies!

Go down 
+32
manny
James B.
DallasBlack
dirtracin1
Mordor
tohostudios
EvyMetal
Sutekh
metalmaniac122
Witchfinder
INVADERS
fishingd
Igor
SAHB Healer
stepcousin
MetalH
KissinMaiden
ghost
journeyman
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
Invader
Wargod
Required Fields
GrandNational
iamrockerfun
TrogDawn
Smindas
kmorg
Thrasher73
mc666
ultmetal
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 12:08 pm

I'm fairly new. I think I posted this in another thread but I found this board through NoLifeTilMetal. I'm glad ult/scott posted it up!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 12:18 pm

Glad to have you as well. Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 604261

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 5:18 pm

Hey all. I found this place also through Scott's 'til Metal site. Its been a great resource for me finding out about missed albums and bands I knew nothing about. I traded him a Flotsam and Jetsam disc and invited him to lala well before he actually joined (and missed out on a T-shirt because of it...(no problems there, as I already have Monday-Wednesday with Thursday on its way).

Thanks for linking this board to the main site, Scott. Otherwise I probably would have gotten terrible seats for the Heaven and Hell/Megadeth show. This board has been great for news.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 7:06 pm

Been here a couple weeks. Still new enough right? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 10:18 pm

Whoops

Was I suppose to post here first

Sorry to start my own thread Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 5:56 am

It's all cool!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 7:22 am

I started about a week ago-ish. I Love metal, and I love talking about it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 2:38 am

I'm an old geezer who lives on a farm in Wisconsin. I don't even know anybody who I can talk metal with. I started to get into metal before it existed (late 60's heavy blues, 70's hard rock); but I've tried to stay up to date at least on quality stuff. Done ok, but it's hard. This board really helps.
I traded some discs with Scott over the years; and his reviews have been a big help to keeping me in touch with recent stuff. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 7:24 am

Hi All,
I`m Igor from Russia. Started 1 month ago here...
What a Face
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 10:08 am

Hi Igor. Very Happy

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 11:03 am

Welcome to Heart of Metal Igor 🤘
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 11:06 am

i think i stated 3 weeks ago (possibly more), but never properly introduced myself....

My name is Marshall, .... av been watching the No life til metal site since it first started

Keep it up
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:12 pm

This board is awesome, thanks to all you guys!!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 7:13 pm

Thank you Kmorg for remembering a great old band like Aunt Mary. I really get a kick out of it when someone mentions a band that I thought everyone had forgotten but me!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 1:23 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Thank you Kmorg for remembering a great old band like Aunt Mary. I really get a kick out of it when someone mentions a band that I thought everyone had forgotten but me!

Of course!! The members are from the town I live in, and the town next to where I live.

Where are you from then, who has heard about them? Didn't think anyone outside of Scandinavia knew about Aunt Mary!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:52 pm

I am from Wisconsin USA; but I'm Norwegian/Swedish/Finnish (yes, all three)...so I was interested in the Scandinavian scene forever...Neon Rose, November, Jerusalem, etc. Most people think that the beginning was TNT or Yngwie (or Abba!). Not so.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 1:42 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I am from Wisconsin USA; but I'm Norwegian/Swedish/Finnish (yes, all three)...so I was interested in the Scandinavian scene forever...Neon Rose, November, Jerusalem, etc. Most people think that the beginning was TNT or Yngwie (or Abba!). Not so.

Cool! Then maybe you know about Ruphus too? Ir even Difference?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 7:21 pm

No, don't know them...but the band I forgot to mention was Titanic, though I think they had a Brittish singer.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 5:11 pm

I just joined this week. I posted over in the introduction thread but I thought I would check in here too.

I am 38, married, and currently rotting away in law school outside of Cincinnati in Northern Ky. Ugh! Law School is horrid!

I have been listening to metal for about 24 years. My first albums were Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love and Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance. It's been all downhill since then. :D

I listen to mostly tradition metal and thrash. I am a HUGE NWOBHM fan and I try to keep up with modern bands that play trad metal. I like power metal as well but I stay away from the heavily keyboard laden stuff.

My favorite band, without question, is Judas Priest.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:24 pm

Hey,my name is Jason,Im 15,I play the guitar.I am new to the forum but I have been reading the reveiws for months

:dnd:
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:30 pm

Hi, I'm Adam, hailing from South Australia. Been reading the No Life... reviews for years, listening to metal since 1986 and finally got organised enough to sign up here! I like a whole range of music, of which metal is currently playing a large part. Definitely an 80s/early 90s metal fan, with a strong interest in thrash and some modern power/prog/doom metal.

My daughter is 4 and a half, and each time we're in the car she says 'play it louder, daddy!', so this week she's been enjoying Saxon, Opeth, Queensryche and Grave Forsaken!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Blackhound wrote:
Hello. I like metal, videogames, and food. :geek:

Mmm. Yes. Majora's Mask.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 pm

Welcome Adam!

I'm pretty new myself but as you can see I'm a major post-smurf (the filter won't accept the word w-h-o-r-e).

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:41 pm

BTW,

You hail from my second favorite musical country. Australia has produced so many of my favorite bands:

AC/DC (obviously)
The Angels
Rose Tattoo
Kings Of The Sun
Airbourne
and on and on...

The only country that has more for me is Sweden. I'm a glam junkie.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:04 pm

A question to the established members of this board:

At what point do you consider someone to no longer be a newbie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all the newbies!   Welcome to all the newbies! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to all the newbies!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next