Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Story of Anvil

Go down 
+16
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
JBall_Z
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
Wargod
nevermore
Lurideath
James B.
DeathCult
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
7thSaviour
SideShowDisaSter
FlyingV
fingers
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Story of Anvil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:38 am

Hmmm... 1400 copies isn't really brilliant, but it's okay, I guess. Atleast it sold better than the last Metal Church album...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:06 am

I purchased the vinyl version. I already had the CD version, purchased through the band. I also picked up the DVD of Anvil The Story of Anvil.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:29 am

I watched the movie last night. Really enjoyed it. It was funny, it was sad, it had a little bit of everything.

I gotta say I admire the hell out of Lips for his "never say die, never give up" attitude -- cuz if I were him and I'd gone thru some of the crap he goes thru in this movie (to say nothing of endless variations of the same crap over and over again for 25+ years!) I probably would've said "screw this," walked into a Burger King and shot 20 people a long time ago...

ultmetal wrote:
Anvil's second guitarist quit the band quite some time ago. Probably about 2 - 3 years ago now.

The second guitarist (Ivan Hurd) is in the movie but they note during the end credits that he has since left the band. Probably due to the fact that his girlfriend/wife was the "manager" who booked the disastrous European tour that takes up the first half of the movie.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:02 am

Just heard that tonight Anvil will be performing "Metal on Metal" on "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" to pimp the DVD release of the movie...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:38 pm

I think Anvil is on Conan tonight. And KISS is supposed to be on Letterman. Wow!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Quote :
And KISS is supposed to be on Letterman.

Will that be before or after he has sex with his staff?

Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Should be required viewing for all new rock bands or people who think they are going to be rock stars!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:05 pm

I watched it this afternoon. I loved it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:28 pm

My favorite part was the two super fans. the dude drinking beer from his nose has a certain "uncle saxon" feel to it.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 pm

I saw the movie and liked it! 8/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story of Anvil   Story of Anvil - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story of Anvil
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2