Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grotesque Album Art

Go down 
+11
Leatherface
mc666
Lurideath
sam
Thrasher73
Stender
the sentinel
MetalFRO
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
15 posters
AuthorMessage

Grotesque Album Art Empty
PostSubject: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:06 pm

So who here in truth likes the rough stuff or does it turn your stomach ? Now I'm not asking for 500 top cover arts or anything I just mean in general, I was given art for part of an upcoming project today and of course I can see people getting their knickers in a twist over it, I'm not trying to start a religious type thread I'm only asking about the art, so what the Lord may think wont realy matter.

I'm not going to upload the art here until I think it maybe of some good.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Love it, but then again, mentally Im quite bent in the first place 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:16 pm

I generally don't get offended by the stuff. For the most part, the grotesque/poor taste stuff is usually saved for types of music (death metal, grind, hardcore punk, etc.) I don't listen to anyway, so why would I care either way? I don't think I've ever declined to purchase an album simply based on the cover.

Locky, what style of music is this artwork going to be attached to?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I generally don't get offended by the stuff. For the most part, the grotesque/poor taste stuff is usually saved for types of music (death metal, grind, hardcore punk, etc.) I don't listen to anyway, so why would I care either way? I don't think I've ever declined to purchase an album simply based on the cover.

What he said. Occasionally I'll come across a nasty CD cover (usually by a death or grind band, i.e. genres I have no interest in) while flipping through stuff in a store, and while I may chuckle and go "Oh man, that's just sick," I don't get bent about it or start campaigning to ban it. I have a pretty sick/juvenile sense of humor anyway so you gotta go a LONG way to offend me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Most of the time it doesn't offend me much, because most of it is "art" in some fashion, though a lot of it barely qualifies as that Laughing

However, if it's actual photography of really sick/disgusting stuff, then I'm usually the first one to say "ewww!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Heavily influenced by Motorhead and Slaughter (Canada), So Thrashy Punk I guess.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:33 pm

It doesn't bother me b/c as MG and FF have already stated it's usually attached to a genre I don't listen to anyway. It just reminds me of the eighties where a lot of bands had to have a sexy chick on the cover or some salacious "art" because they couldn't sell the record on their lack of talent. If your bands name is Torture Killer or Cannibal Corpse you've sort of pigeonholed yourself. You can't have a blissful meadow scene or the Muppets now, can ya?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Locky wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Heavily influenced by Motorhead and Slaughter (Canada), So Thrashy Punk I guess.

Dude that sounds interesting! I want to check that out when its out.

For album art, I'm not fased by the ultra debaucherous stuff....but I like it even more when there is a point or message behind the grotesqness. If its just there for shocks sake, theres no point really in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Locky wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, in all likelyhood, I'd let the music determine my purchase, not what's on the cover. But who knows? Maybe I'm getting softer in my old age and seeing a nipple or upside down cross might offend my senses. Ya know, being a dad now and all the parental responsibilty stuff that goes with it.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Doesnt bother me much at all.I can still dig the music inside even if I dont necessarily "get" the cover art.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Eh, unless it looks cool I really don't care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
seeing a nipple or upside down cross might offend my senses.

I think a nipple and an upside down cross are going to be the least of your worries on this one. Grotesque Album Art Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:07 pm

I like art people deem disgusting. I've seen a lot of really grotesque stuff but it don't bother me in the slightest. I say bring it on!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:39 pm

i love the gory stuff. i just bought a poster of the cover art to XXX Maniak's Harvesting the C*nt Nectar on tuesday. gonna hang it in my den.

Grotesque Album Art Xxxmaniakcover.th

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:16 pm

I don't mind it. I actually do like a lot of it, like the early Cannibal Corpse ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:51 am

if its not real who cares.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:25 pm

I never get offended, and the drawings/paintings on Cannibal Corpse CD's are mostly just funny. But stuff closer to what mc666 posted, or gory real pictures, that for the most part looks immature to me. "Looky here how disgusting we can be!!" Immature. I find humour to be a better angle, like Cattle Decapitation first album!

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:20 pm

I really don't like depictions of females being violated, especially in extreme gory ways. There's enough sickness in the world already.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:20 pm

kmorg wrote:
But stuff closer to what mc666 posted, or gory real pictures, that for the most part looks immature to me. "Looky here how disgusting we can be!!" Immature.
agreed. i was never known to carry the flag of maturity though.

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Quote :
agreed. i was never known to carry the flag of maturity though.

That's because you're too busy carrying the flag of SEXY! Grotesque Album Art 92151
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Last four posts all spot-on!!

Grotesque Album Art Headbang
Back to top Go down
GamlaSonn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:30 am

Eh no, I think they're unecessary, not in any way intruging to watch and just shocking for the sake of being shocking.. Not like I'm not going to buy the album because of it, but im certainly not going to like looking at it Grotesque Album Art Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Album Art   Grotesque Album Art Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesque Album Art
Page 1 of 1