Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!

Go down 
+19
steelers
mez
thejokeriv
Lurideath
sam
Temple of Blood
MetalFRO
Addy
Sutekh
powermacho
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Glenn Rogers
T-Roy
Stender
325ad
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:40 pm

steelers wrote:
Will this actually be THE speed/thrash Deliverance album that we have been waiting for, for 19 years, or another release by the band formerly known as Deliverance post "What A Joke"? With Glenn involved, I would assume so, however I have also had hopes for the magic to return on evey album since "Weapons", only to be left with some other band led by David Bowie on vocals! Seriously, if this is the one, I hope the boys deliver something that actually exceeds the first two legendary albums. Talk about setting the bar high! I think that Once Dead, Believer and Seventh Angel all fell short of the mark on their comeback albums, to varying degrees. Hopefully, after 19 years, Jimmy and the fellas can take the speed, aggression, melody and Christ-centered lyrics to a whole new level, providing another legendary speed/thrash album, with a "message so strong and moving, NO ONE can deny it!!!"
Am I to assume you didn't like As Above So below? Cuz that is a sick album. By far their heaviest since SOE....maybe even What a Joke. surprised
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Your assumption would be correct. That was a weak attempt at returning to form. Hopefully, that album will serve as a warm-up for something far greater.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Quote :
That was a weak attempt at returning to form.

IE: Death Magnetic

For my money, AA,SB destroyes Death Magnetic...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:17 pm

"Death Magnetic" is destroyed by a lot of albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:25 pm

JPB is not a Christian any more? Man - I don't know what is going on with anything any more.

I might run over to Cleveland for that one, though.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:33 pm

steelers wrote:
Your assumption would be correct. That was a weak attempt at returning to form. Hopefully, that album will serve as a warm-up for something far greater.
With your expectations...I would not get your hopes up. If it's as good as AASB I'll be stoked. I'm betting it'll be even better though, which will be one knock out, last hooray.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
is not the way we knew him when D first started

People change...he's not the same person he was...I'm not the same person I was and I guarantee you that you and everyone else here is not exactly the same person they were 20 years ago...
You might actually lose that bet with me. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Don't really care either. Same as 20 years ago. :geek:
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:40 am

7thSecond wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
is not the way we knew him when D first started

People change...he's not the same person he was...I'm not the same person I was and I guarantee you that you and everyone else here is not exactly the same person they were 20 years ago...
You might actually lose that bet with me. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Don't really care either. Same as 20 years ago. :geek:

Except a few pounds give or take an some aging around the eyes. just kidding
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:38 am

I've made babies....I've CHANGED let me tell you. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:37 am

T-Roy wrote:
I've made babies cry

Fixed. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:12 pm

I don't care about where the band members are with God. It is their lives, and their choice. But I do wonder what the MUSIC will be like! I know this though, when the new CD comes: IT WILL BE MINE!!

One thing is "bugging" me though. Retroactive Records "cencored" the upcoming Liberty 'n' Justice album title, and one of the song-titles, because of the labels Christian stance and image. But they seem to have no problem pushing Jimmy's nt-Christian-any-longer projects upon the world! Weird! scratch

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:05 pm

kmorg wrote:
I don't care about where the band members are with God. It is their lives, and their choice.
Yeah, what you said. I'm just hoping that they're gonna deliver one hell of a thrash metal platter.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:08 pm

kmorg wrote:
I don't care about where the band members are with God. It is their lives, and their choice. But I do wonder what the MUSIC will be like! I know this though, when the new CD comes: IT WILL BE MINE!!

One thing is "bugging" me though. Retroactive Records "cencored" the upcoming Liberty 'n' Justice album title, and one of the song-titles, because of the labels Christian stance and image. But they seem to have no problem pushing Jimmy's nt-Christian-any-longer projects upon the world! Weird! scratch

Just depends on who Retroactive is going to market the CD to. In the case of Liberty n Justice they are going to push it in the Christian market and in stores like Mardel's, which is a big Christian bookstore chain. They probably would not have carried the album under the title as it was. Those stores are picky! Diamante had problems distributing Puppet of Destruction in the Christian stores because of the cartoon puppet with the skull mask on. (Ohhh, scary cartoon!) That store also won't be carrying the new Ultimatum CD, so they didn't try to "censor" Lex Metalis. With Lex Metalis they are marketing the Cd more to the secular market. I am sure that will be the case with Deliverance as well. They have decent distribution now and will put a big push in the secular magazines and websites.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:02 pm

Quote :
From Ohio....lives in Texas, listens to heavy metal, married to a wonderful and beautiful African American woman.......loves the Raiders. Am I missing anything else that both our grandparents would be rolling in their graves over!?

Yeah, my poor Dad. lol!

He's cool now, but at first?? fainting
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Just depends on who Retroactive is going to market the CD to. In the case of Liberty n Justice they are going to push it in the Christian market and in stores like Mardel's, which is a big Christian bookstore chain. They probably would not have carried the album under the title as it was. Those stores are picky! Diamante had problems distributing Puppet of Destruction in the Christian stores because of the cartoon puppet with the skull mask on. (Ohhh, scary cartoon!) That store also won't be carrying the new Ultimatum CD, so they didn't try to "censor" Lex Metalis. With Lex Metalis they are marketing the Cd more to the secular market. I am sure that will be the case with Deliverance as well. They have decent distribution now and will put a big push in the secular magazines and websites.

But that is just it. With the all-star line-up on the L'n'J albums, and the response from the secular market on their previous work, it should be more important to market them in the secular market this time too!

Oh well, this is a "D" thread, so I'll shut up now.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 am

You may be right, but I guess that is Matt Hunt's call as he is the head of the distribution company that makes those decisions. It is also the decision of his various distribution outlets if they want to carry a particular title or not. I think in the U.S. Cargo distributes Retroactive products. If Cargo doesn't feel a title will sell well, they may no carry it.

As well, I don't think the label has the money or resources to put every release out into the secular market. It costs him a lot more money to market to the secular market. With the new Ultimatum and Main Line Riders he is sending out several hundred copies to magazines in Europe and around the world, he is taking out ads in S.o.D Magazine among others, he added us to the S.o.D Magazine compilation, etc. On top of that he will be putting us in ads in HM, Heavens Metal, etc. With the Christian releases he doesn't do all the things outside the Christian market, so it's much cheaper.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:06 pm

I've talked to Matt and David before about the need to hook up with Red Distribution for the mass market. Shannon Quiggle at Facedown Records did it. I guess it is just hard getting a foot in that door.

Places like Mardels is cool but the Market is too limited, you need places like Hastings, F.Y.E. and Best Buy to really make a difference for the label and more importantly for the bands!

Last edited by 325ad on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:57 pm

advertising holds more merit than distribution. If nobody knows what ya have out, what does it matter where it's at. I purchase more online (direct) more than at a local place, unlss I'm shopping used.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:15 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
From Ohio....lives in Texas, listens to heavy metal, married to a wonderful and beautiful African American woman.......loves the Raiders. Am I missing anything else that both our grandparents would be rolling in their graves over!?

Yeah, my poor Dad. lol!

He's cool now, but at first?? fainting
ROTFLMAO! That's awesome. Your a rebel dude. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3