Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!

Go down 
+19
steelers
mez
thejokeriv
Lurideath
sam
Temple of Blood
MetalFRO
Addy
Sutekh
powermacho
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Glenn Rogers
T-Roy
Stender
325ad
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 am

Troublezone wrote:
Stender wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Just read this post from Blabbermouth regarding this reunion.

Quote :

They've got something up their sleeve.

Brian Khairullah is a staunch atheist (check his myspace for vibrant proof)
Glenn Rogers makes public sentiments regarding his regret that he was ever in christian music of any sort
Jimmy Brown doesn't believe a word of the bible anymore (well he DOES if it jives with his Kabbalah beliefs).

Ok - so what!? Don't be a christian band, nobody cares and will in fact applaud that - but why go back out under the "Deliverance" banner? Just call it "Forsaken" or "Savage Animal" or some dumb thing... you're not calling it Deliverance for money, cuz there was never any there nor will there be in the future...

unless......

You're doing it to show how easy it is pull the wool over the eyes of Retroactive, Cornerstone, and the CCM consumers

THAT will be a neat parlor trick to watch

Suspect .........I agree, but whoever wrote that....you know your still buying that new album!

I know i'll get it but i think it's a shame if the other guys besides "Brian K" are faking anything. I don't think Glen is... he just probably had some bad experiences with Christian bands.

No, I agree, I dont think Glenn is like that either....I dont know where Glenn is at with his faith but Its obvious where Jimmy and Brian's hearts are at.....so its like whats the point like the anomyous dude was sayin.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 am

I don't see them "faking" anything or trying to "fool" anyone. But it may not be from a Christian outlook anymore. "Deliverance" belongs to Jimmy so he can do whatever he wants to with the name. I for one will be sad if that does indeed happen.

Of course, this is ALL total speculation based on hearsay and second hand information. Only God knows their hearts. Outside of that, it aint none of our beeswax.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:31 am

Well... Jimmy has denied not being a Christian but his views have definately changed since his embracing his jewish ancestry. The title "What a Joke" has a new meaning... Razz

Musically this reunion should be a blast from the past though.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:33 am

Everybody has their ups and downs. If the band decides to do a re-union, go for it. I which the best for this band, and I really want to see it happens. I think that with Glenn on board, the band could get back to the speed metal style they are known for.

If some members are Christians and others are not, it doesn't matter much, as long as they respect each other. Look at Boanergers are from different religion ideas too, and they are together.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 am

I just hope it doesn't suck (I love, love LOVE them first four "D's" but have been steadily disappointed with most of what's come from their camp since then...)

I really don't care where Jimmy or Brian K's heads are at... Laughing As T-Roy said, it ain't nobody's bid'ness but theirs...

Wow, did I just agree with T-Roy on something? I think that's a first.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:38 am

T-Roy wrote:
I don't see them "faking" anything or trying to "fool" anyone. But it may not be from a Christian outlook anymore. "Deliverance" belongs to Jimmy so he can do whatever he wants to with the name. I for one will be sad if that does indeed happen.

Of course, this is ALL total speculation based on hearsay and second hand information. Only God knows their hearts. Outside of that, it aint none of our beeswax.

I know it's hard to accept but the myspace info speaks volumes. I was pretty disapointed with the Gary Lenaire thing but that's just the way it is... We just have to listen for the music now. The only thing that will keep me from buying their album is if the lyrics are off the wall or disrespectful in some way to scripture.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 pm

In regards to Brian, yes it's obvious. Jimmy, don't know. And there's nothing hard to accept. If a believer falls away so be it. It happens. God's word tells us it will happen. Even King Solomon fell away and Judis. It's happened to people close to me that I cherished and looked up to as Christian brothers and sisters.

To quote Jimmy himself concerning Roger Martinez:
"I've known Rog for some 13 years now and also knowing George Ochoa who was very close to him at one time and my wife having worked with Roger's ex wife, all I can say is that there were no disillusionments for him. He did what he did from the beginning. The scripture says "they went out from us, because they were never part of us". That might seem harsh, but look at his actions and tell me they are not harsh. I pray for his soul, but he has made his own choice. There is no comparison between him and I. "
(http://artfortheears.freeservers.com/index2/interviews/deliverance/deliverance.htm)

Ironically, this statement holds true for himself and any of us who choose to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Quote :

In regards to Brian, yes it's obvious. Jimmy, don't know. And there's nothing hard to accept. If a believer falls away so be it. It happens. God's word tells us it will happen. Even King Solomon fell away and Judis. It's happened to people close to me that I cherished and looked up to as Christian brothers and sisters.

I'm glad you have that attitude but for some people it is a big let down for a mentor or musician that led people to God to become the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:19 pm

I want to make it clear that i hope that Jimmy still belongs to God but when i read things that suggest otherwise i start to wonder. He is a great musician regardless and i don't think he will alienate the old fans too much with his new views but i guess we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I'm glad you have that attitude but for some people it is a big let down for a mentor or musician that led people to God to become the opposite.
OH DON'T GET ME WRONG...I would be devastated, in fact I would grieve. It's a huge deal to me....but not because they fell off the pedestal I put them on, you know? But for them, personally. Same as I would for Jim or Scott or you or anybody.

The other thing that just makes me sick is to think about all the years of constant criticism Jimmy and all Christian metal bands have constantly had to endure FROM Christians. These guys don't turn away because they feel God has hurt them or forsaken them. They turn away because His people have essentially run them out. Okay I'll stop now....I'm just ranting!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:
but when i read things that suggest otherwise i start to wonder.
Me too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Quote :
These guys don't turn away because they feel God has hurt them or forsaken them. They turn away because His people have essentially run them out. Okay I'll stop now....I'm just ranting!! Shocked

For the most part you are right. Sad isn't it? I applaud those who endure the hardships.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:19 pm

This is awesome, too bad I can only dream of coming, wish you a great show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:38 pm

You know the thing is we wanted to do it one more time to close the book on that part of our life. To say thanks.I won't make any money,I never did...I work a day job like everyone...

Also I think I've said it before,but I'll malke it clear. I have grown up in the Catholic Church. That is where I am today...I don't push it on anyone. "I'm not qualified."

God made me a musician.I did'nt! You dont like it BUGGER OFF!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Glad to see you are doing this Glenn.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I'm like all...your mentor and stuff. humble
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:34 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'm like all...your mentor and stuff. humble

Uh... yeah. That might happen. Rolling Eyes

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
You know the thing is we wanted to do it one more time to close the book on that part of our life. To say thanks.I won't make any money,I never did...I work a day job like everyone...

Also I think I've said it before,but I'll malke it clear. I have grown up in the Catholic Church. That is where I am today...I don't push it on anyone. "I'm not qualified."

Rock on Glenn!!!!!! I was hoping you would post something - I though it was interesting that people having been posting about the band's faith and it's EASY to ask you since you are a member of this board!!!!!!!!

BTW - I LOVE the first two and 4th Deliverance albums, but the first one is my favorite!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:47 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'm like all... mental and stuff. humble

There ya go, fixed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:02 pm

lol!
OR THAT!!!
\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Hey Ult, they did your favorite labeling by defining it a Christian band. Did you happen to notice? Laughing

I should add the debate about being some members being atheist, but not to be judgmental, JPB has changed his lifestyle and ways over the years that it would not surprise me if he is one to. To many quotes and risky things he says or does, is not the way we knew him when D first started. I am not affected to listening to new D if he is, but he certainly has placed some sayings that seem like they are begging for attention to argue. (I am referring to his myspace pages)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

I didn't doubt you are still who you've always been. Thanks for explaining the reason for the reunion though. I hope the music kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Will this actually be THE speed/thrash Deliverance album that we have been waiting for, for 19 years, or another release by the band formerly known as Deliverance post "What A Joke"? With Glenn involved, I would assume so, however I have also had hopes for the magic to return on evey album since "Weapons", only to be left with some other band led by David Bowie on vocals! Seriously, if this is the one, I hope the boys deliver something that actually exceeds the first two legendary albums. Talk about setting the bar high! I think that Once Dead, Believer and Seventh Angel all fell short of the mark on their comeback albums, to varying degrees. Hopefully, after 19 years, Jimmy and the fellas can take the speed, aggression, melody and Christ-centered lyrics to a whole new level, providing another legendary speed/thrash album, with a "message so strong and moving, NO ONE can deny it!!!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:38 pm

Quote :
is not the way we knew him when D first started

People change...he's not the same person he was...I'm not the same person I was and I guarantee you that you and everyone else here is not exactly the same person they were 20 years ago...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next