Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!

Go down 
+19
steelers
mez
thejokeriv
Lurideath
sam
Temple of Blood
MetalFRO
Addy
Sutekh
powermacho
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Glenn Rogers
T-Roy
Stender
325ad
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Empty
PostSubject: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:08 am

Quote :
Hallo Everyone, and a hearty All Hails...

I thought you guys would like to hear the latest from the camp... As always, wonderful to visit here... \'arry \'eadbanger

----
"Deliverance" will be playing live in Cleveland OH at Peabody's Downunder on November 21st, 2009...

The
original members of Jimmy P. Brown II, Brian Khairullah and Glenn E.
Rodgers will be together on stage for the first time since 1989... They
will be joined by Mike Reed on drums who played on the Retroactive
Release "As Above-So Below" as well as being Brown's drummer for his
Jupiter VI project along with Brian Khairullah on guitar. Glenn Rodgers
is currently playing lead guitar for the classic metal band "Hirax".

The 4 members are currently working on the next "D" release "The Annals of Subterfuge"
to be released 2010 on Retroactive Records. The band hopes to play
numerous shows in support of this record and expects to be a part of the
years Festival Appearances.

Jimmy P. Brown

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:45 am

Awesome 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:01 am

Scha-weeeeeeeeeeeeet! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:53 am

Nice, Hearing Khairullah sing about Jesus again will be interesting after his stuff with Roger Martinez!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:55 am

325ad wrote:
Nice, Hearing Khairullah sing about Jesus again will be interesting after his stuff with Roger Martinez!

Yeah that is interesting, he is an athiest now I believe.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:18 am

Very cool! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:26 am

I had to go change my underwear when I read this over the weekend. This is seriously like a dream come true. I HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Well I told Ult about this last week....I'm going to play on the next cd. I will do what live shows I can provided it do'es not conflict with Hirax shows...

Also Brian came out to see me play with Hirax this last Saturday...We had a good time talking with Katon about music and life... Brian is still one of my best friends no matter what he thinks at the time... We both agree it's about playing music...He'll come around...Just show him some love...

Also someone tell Jimmy it's spelled ROGERS....He always do'es that...LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Stender wrote:
325ad wrote:

Yeah he is a athiest and he has posted many anti-christian messages on Jimmy's myspace over the years but he is probably just doing it for Jimmy since they are still friends and it's a way for him to get his name back out there.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:16 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

lol! That is funny, you have only known him for around 20 plus years!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Man, this is some great news. Would love to see this.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Stender wrote:
325ad wrote:

Yeah he is a athiest and he has posted many anti-christian messages on Jimmy's myspace over the years but he is probably just doing it for Jimmy since they are still friends ....
Weird. surprised
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Wowzers! Where I used to live in Ohio, that was about 75 minutes from my house. Now's is 1500 miles!! Crying or Very sad

Enjoy the show anyone who goes!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Well I told Ult about this last week....I'm going to play on the next cd. I will do what live shows I can provided it do'es not conflict with Hirax shows...

Also Brian came out to see me play with Hirax this last Saturday...We had a good time talking with Katon about music and life... Brian is still one of my best friends no matter what he thinks at the time... We both agree it's about playing music...He'll come around...Just show him some love...

Good post Glenn.

Just wondering, I know Katon used to frequent all the old LA and bay area thrash shows back in the day as you can see him hangin with likes of Paul Baloff and the Metallica guys in old pics. Did Katon ever show up to Deliverance shows back in the day and was he familar with Brian before the Hirax gig?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:38 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Wowzers! Where I used to live in Ohio, that was about 75 minutes from my house. Now's is 1500 miles!! Crying or Very sad

From Ohio....lives in Texas, listens to heavy metal, married to a wonderful and beautiful African American woman.......loves the Raiders. Am I missing anything else that both our grandparents would be rolling in their graves over!?
AWESOME BROTHA!!! cheers

God I love this country! cheers
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Stender wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

Good post Glenn.

Just wondering, I know Katon used to frequent all the old LA and bay area thrash shows back in the day as you can see him hangin with likes of Paul Baloff and the Metallica guys in old pics. Did Katon ever show up to Deliverance shows back in the day and was he familar with Brian before the Hirax gig?

No Katon has never come to D shows...He just met Brian that night...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:12 pm

This news is like "Mustaine is back with metallica". One of the best news I have heard this year. I will get a copy for sure. I hope they let Glenn to do some writings on the album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:16 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

There was a Christian hardcore band called Six Feet Deep that were from Cleveland/Elyria. They were a very cool band especially lyrically.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:58 am

Just read this post from Blabbermouth regarding this reunion.

Quote :

They've got something up their sleeve.

Brian Khairullah is a staunch atheist (check his myspace for vibrant proof)
Glenn Rogers makes public sentiments regarding his regret that he was ever in christian music of any sort
Jimmy Brown doesn't believe a word of the bible anymore (well he DOES if it jives with his Kabbalah beliefs).

Ok - so what!? Don't be a christian band, nobody cares and will in fact applaud that - but why go back out under the "Deliverance" banner? Just call it "Forsaken" or "Savage Animal" or some dumb thing... you're not calling it Deliverance for money, cuz there was never any there nor will there be in the future...

unless......

You're doing it to show how easy it is pull the wool over the eyes of Retroactive, Cornerstone, and the CCM consumers

THAT will be a neat parlor trick to watch

Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 am

affraid Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:34 am

Awesome news, just wish id be able to make it, Deliverance needs to come and Rock out Nashville, that show Id definitly make it to
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:30 am

I'm stoked about the possibility of another "D" album. The last one was good, but not as strong as it could/should have been. Here's hoping it's even better! Good on you, Glenn Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:07 am

Troublezone wrote:

Quote :

Glenn Rogers makes public sentiments regarding his regret that he was ever in christian music of any sort
Jimmy Brown doesn't believe a word of the bible anymore (well he DOES if it jives with his Kabbalah beliefs).

Ok - so what!? Don't be a christian band, nobody cares and will in fact applaud that - but why go back out under the "Deliverance" banner? Just call it "Forsaken" or "Savage Animal" or some dumb thing... you're not calling it Deliverance for money, cuz there was never any there nor will there be in the future...

unless......

You're doing it to show how easy it is pull the wool over the eyes of Retroactive, Cornerstone, and the CCM consumers

Suspect .........I agree, but whoever wrote that....you know your still buying that new album!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:14 am

Troublezone wrote:

Quote :

unless......

Interesting post.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:15 am

Stender wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Quote :

unless......

Suspect .........I agree, but whoever wrote that....you know your still buying that new album!

I think i'll probably still buy it, but i think it's a shame if the other guys besides "Brian K" are faking anything. I don't think Glen is... he just probably had some bad experiences with Christian bands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!   The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The return of DELIVERANCE...with Glenn Rogers!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next