Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JET band from Australia

Go down 
+8
tohostudios
Sutekh
mr.electric39
manny
Al.
Schbopo
MetalRob331
iamrockerfun
12 posters
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

JET band from Australia Empty
PostSubject: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:47 pm

anybody heard something bout this new band ? they released 3rd album called Shaka Rock. they are very popular in Australia as Airborne.
just listening theirs new album thru myspace and it's not bad, typical new wave i think british style.
good ratings with 4 or 3 stars of 5.

JET band from Australia M99524yby0s
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:48 pm

This band is actually pretty popular here in the states. They have had huge hits that after hearing over and over on the radio really get on my nerves. AN ok band just not a band I prefer.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:02 pm

The guys that did "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"? If so, then yes, I like Jet.
Back to top Go down
Al.
Metal novice
Metal novice
Al.

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:25 pm

I wouldn't really regard JET as metal, more along the lines of regular guitar orientated rock, plus as they get flogged on the radio down here their songs become a bit boring & repetitive.

Australia used to have a reasonably cool hard rock/metal scene back in the eighties & nineties however poker machines killed it all virtually off. A pub/club that used to host live bands opted instead to just derive revenue from poker machines instead. There are a few diehard venues around, mainly in Sydney & Melbourne but not as many as there used to be.

One of the few "cool" local bands making headways nowadays is The Butterfly Effect.

However much like JET their music may not be to everybody's liking. Personally I've seen 'em live a couple of times and they ain't bad.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:20 pm

I like Jet, they are good old fashioned balls to the wall fun rock n roll band.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:40 am

I've got their first CD here somewhere. It rocks.... until the ballads hit.... lol....

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:55 am

Jet kind of blended the Stones and the Beatles with a touch of Oasis (particualarly the second album). Their debut was hugely popular -nothing highly original, but the one of the first guitar-rock bands to break into the Aussie charts this decade (up till then it was dominated by monotonous bubble-gum pop, commercial rap and dance music), so they were a breath of fresh air. Loved the first album, but haven't played it in years.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:09 am

I have and like the first one but what I've heard of the second one hasn't moved me to buy it.

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:53 am

When they all out rock they are pretty good. You want that style, i'd recommend Beautiful Creatures.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:03 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
When they all out rock they are pretty good. You want that style, i'd recommend Beautiful Creatures.

Yeah, especially the S/T.

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:47 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
anybody heard something bout this new band ? they released 3rd album called Shaka Rock. they are very popular in Australia as Airborne.
just listening theirs new album thru myspace and it's not bad, typical new wave i think british style.

Dude why are posting this thread in the metal section Jet sound like AC/Dc doing Kings of Leon covers
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:29 am

fingers wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:

Dude why are posting this thread in the metal section Jet sound like AC/Dc doing Kings of Leon covers

It's a hard rock section too, and you can't deny they take their AC/DC love to the extreme at times. Can't hear any KOL in them though.

You might want to look closer to home when thinking were they come from musically, think You Am I embellishing a love for AC/DC/Black Crowes style hard rockers and moody McCartney/Badfinger ballads.

They're okay Jet, they get the feet tapping but not something that really grabs you. Jet's greatest influence You Am I should of received the worldwide exposure and popularity of Jet, but as with all great bands it's about wrong time wrong place etc etc..........

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:42 am

Schbopo wrote:
The guys that did "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"? If so, then yes, I like Jet.

That's the one album I have by them. And like Manny said, just good, fun rock n' roll. I've never heard anything else by 'em, but I like that one album just fine.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:04 pm

I remember hearing "Cold Hard Bitch" during an episode of Alias in the 4th season (yes, I'm a nerd) and really liking it. I did hear their other single & liked it as well, but wasn't motivated enough to buy an album. Maybe I'll see about picking something up used eventually...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JET band from Australia   JET band from Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JET band from Australia
Page 1 of 1