Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shrinebuilder - New Wino project

Go down 
+6
Dave the Boss
325ad
Hamer12
Troublezone
mc666
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Empty
PostSubject: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:53 am

SHRINEBUILDER, the project that features in its ranks Scott "Wino" Weinrich (ST. VITUS, THE HIDDEN HAND), Scott Kelly (NEUROSIS), Al Cisneros (OM, SLEEP), and Dale Crover (MELVINS), will release its self-titled debut album in October via Neurot Recordings. According to a press release, the CD is "a powerful culmination of its members' distinct styles that coalesce into an entity of its own. Comprised of five epic passages showcasing this group's grandiose merging of soulful doom dirges, spiritual mantras, monstrous buildups and chest-collapsing grooves, the debut is truly a must-hear album of 2009."

"Shrinebuilder" track listing:

01. Solar Benediction
02. Pyramid Of The Moon
03. Blind For All To See
04. The Architect
05. Science Of Anger

The record's stunning cover art from Josh Graham (A STORM OF LIGHT, NEUROSIS' visual media artist) can be viewed below.

Upcoming SHRINEBUILDER shows:

Nov. 14 - Empty Bottle - Chicago, IL (8 p.m. and 11 p.m. performances)
Nov. 15 - Le Poisson Rouge - New York, NY

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/shrinebuildergroup.

Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Shrinecd

Never heard of this, but if Wino's involved, it's good.

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 am

I'm all over this one...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:08 am

sounds like this is for me

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 am

Is the music player on their MySpace page not working or it it my computer? I want to hear some of this, but I'm getting nuttin'. surprised

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 am

I'm always interested in Wino's projects.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Wino could play on an Alvin & the Chipmunks album & I would still buy it!!
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
Wino could play on an Alvin & the Chipmunks album & I would still buy it!!

lol!

Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Bump for new song 'Pyramid of the Moon' streaming...

http://www.myspace.com/shrinebuildergroup

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:47 am

I'm not much of a Wino fan, but I'll give this a listen tonight. The last really interesting thing he imo were The Obsessed albums and the first Spirit Caravan album. Vitus were a LOT better with Reagers if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:18 am

The new song sounds good. Classic Wino songwriting.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:27 am

Listen to that MySpace tune twice in row.... Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Headbang Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Headbang Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Headbang

Gonna have to pester someone to get them out west for some shows.
The local scene is getting boring again. At least the BLUES clubs never fail.

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:18 am

Now THIS is an album worth getting REALLY excited over!!!! Shrinebuilder - New Wino project 877540
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:31 am

detuned wrote:
Now THIS is an album worth getting REALLY excited over!!!! Shrinebuilder - New Wino project 877540

they be gig'n in Austin Bro Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Headbang Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Headbang Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Headbang

I wear an x-large (shameless hint) Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Lmao

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:00 am

James B. wrote:
detuned wrote:

they be gig'n in Austin Bro Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Headbang Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Headbang Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Headbang

I wear an x-large (shameless hint) Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Lmao

Oh yeah, I'm there. Get your ass on a bike and head down here! Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:50 am

Hmmm... doesn't sound all that exciting to these ears. Nothing beats The Obsessed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:45 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Hmmm... doesn't sound all that exciting to these ears. Nothing beats The Obsessed!

I dig it, we've only heard one song so I would reserve passing judgment until I heard the entire album. I also prefer Spirit Caravan to The Obsessed...though I look at all of those bands as "Wino"...The Hidden Hand is KILLER as well.

In case anyone is interested, the album was recorded mostly live in the studio over the course of a few days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:45 am

Release date is today!!!! It's already up on Lala if anyone wants to hear the entire album:

http://www.lala.com/#album/4900197869800925646/Shrinebuilder/Shrinebuilder

It's EVIL and DOOM-LADEN!!!!! Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:52 am

I LOVE it, this album totally rocks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:23 pm

I love Wino but his last solo was not good IMO hopefully this will be great!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:41 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I love Wino but his last solo was not good IMO hopefully this will be great!

Wargod50

It took me a few spins to warm up to it but I LOVE it now.

Shrinebuilder is very different in feel, darker, more of an experimental vibe, heavier.
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:35 am

This sounds really cool.

I don't like most Wino projects, but I love St. Vitus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 am

Here's how bassist Al Cisneros (Sleep, OM) describes the Shrinebuilder album:

"It`s gonna sound like when you have to lean down into your
knees, to the space between your knees with a matchbook and a chilem,
in the front seat of your car. And after having done that, you get
outside of your car, close and lock the door, and you`re walking across
the parking lot and your throat is absolutely burned. And it`s still
worth it. It`s gonna be straight matches and resin."

Shrinebuilder - New Wino project 25679
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:08 am

Still need to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Too much stoner in the stoner metal trend already. Just make music!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:28 am

Finally got his (Punctured Equilibrium) disc yesterday. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrinebuilder - New Wino project   Shrinebuilder - New Wino project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shrinebuilder - New Wino project
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next