Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Premonition 13 - New Wino Project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Premonition 13 - New Wino Project Empty
PostSubject: Premonition 13 - New Wino Project   Premonition 13 - New Wino Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:57 am

Wino Weinrich apparently has yet another new musical project coming out July 26th. I had no idea about this one. Amazon alerted me to it's existence. I have yet to be disappointed by any of the man's musical endeavours, and I image this will be more of his sludgy-doomy goodness...

http://www.amazon.com/13-Premonition/dp/B004XJNQ32/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1310652353&sr=1-1

Nifty cover too...

Premonition 13 - New Wino Project 514jO64uIRL._SS400_

http://www.premonition13.com/

PostSubject: Re: Premonition 13 - New Wino Project   Premonition 13 - New Wino Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Wino continues to put out very intelligent music for those inclined to investigate it. He'll never be mainstream, but then again, that's most likely a good thing for us and him.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Premonition 13 - New Wino Project   Premonition 13 - New Wino Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Wino continues to put out very intelligent music for those inclined to investigate it. He'll never be mainstream, but then again, that's most likely a good thing for us and him.

Have you heard Adrift yet, Shawn? Just Wino and his acoustic with an occasional electric guitar accompaniment. It's so stripped down and bare bones, but I can't stop spinning it. His voice and lyrics are so venomous and bittersweet, but I love it. I've had it a coupla weeks now and it's still in the regular rotation.

PostSubject: Re: Premonition 13 - New Wino Project   Premonition 13 - New Wino Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:40 pm

No, I haven't heard that one yet, thanks for the tip!

I did see Wino play a couple acoustic sets in Austin a couple years ago and it was AMAZING! He did a cover of Motorhead's "Iron Horse" that was just flat out incredible.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Premonition 13 - New Wino Project   Premonition 13 - New Wino Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:39 pm

The samples sound good for the new one.

Yeah Shawn,that cover of Iron Horse is on Adrift.Its just a cool laid back album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premonition 13 - New Wino Project   Premonition 13 - New Wino Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks for the tip guys, I'm going to Hollywood this afternoon, I'll swing by Amoeba and pick up the LP!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premonition 13 - New Wino Project   Premonition 13 - New Wino Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Premonition 13 - New Wino Project
Page 1 of 1