Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Calling all KING DIAMOND fans...

Go down 
+6
Lurideath
kmorg
mc666
Temple of Blood
sovdat
TrogDawn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Calling all KING DIAMOND fans... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling all KING DIAMOND fans...   Calling all KING DIAMOND fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 2:59 pm

If you want to hear some really old KD classics, pick up King Diamond & Black Rose-20 Years Ago-A Night Of Rehearsal. Black Rose was the band the KIng was in 3 years before Merciful Fates first mini lp was released. The recordings on this were recorded in Sept 1980. It's fun stuff-TJ
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Calling all KING DIAMOND fans...   Calling all KING DIAMOND fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 5:40 pm

Thanks for the recommend, Todd. I'll see if I can track it down. Smile

I'm finding so far that I prefer the MF sound over the KD sound. MF is just more riff intensive, whereas KD's music sounds more along the lines of power/prog in places. Still not bad, since King's vox are still present, but the MF stuff just pleases my ears more, I'm finding. Calling all KING DIAMOND fans... - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Calling all KING DIAMOND fans...   Calling all KING DIAMOND fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 6:06 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Thanks for the recommend, Todd. I'll see if I can track it down. Smile

I'm finding so far that I prefer the MF sound over the KD sound. MF is just more riff intensive, whereas KD's music sounds more along the lines of power/prog in places. Still not bad, since King's vox are still present, but the MF stuff just pleases my ears more, I'm finding. Calling all KING DIAMOND fans... - Page 2 309780
that's the way i've always felt about it. i like them both, but prefer the more traditional Fate above the more progressive Diamond.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Calling all KING DIAMOND fans...   Calling all KING DIAMOND fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:54 pm

Been so long since I dumped my King Diamond CDs (Abigail through Voodoo) that I couldn't really do it. I can't pick just a few songs from Abigail, Them, and The Spider's Lullabye and call it a compilation (I've since re-captured Abigail and Them and I my favorite from Spider's Lullabye, I remember, is the last four songs). Even then I would have a hard time choosing which songs to include.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling all KING DIAMOND fans...   Calling all KING DIAMOND fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling all KING DIAMOND fans...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2