Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EXODUS - Force of Habit

Go down 
+16
metalinmyveins
sam
DeathCult
SideShowDisaSter
tul
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
caniplaywithmadness?
sovdat
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
mc666
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Yeah, I have some Bad Brains and a White Zombie album on Caroline I think.

Force Of Habit was a pretty good album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:52 pm

i'm just an exodus junkie, nothing by them is actually bad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:09 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I think that COC I got from you years ago, Ben, was on Caroline Records.

Yah, Caroline did release a few (that CoC I traded ya being one of them), but they were mostly into distribution. If I'm not mistaken, the Reverend - Reverend EP was also one of Caroline's few releases. My copy of Gross Misconduct from M.O.D. also has a Caroline catalogue number (liscensed from Megaforce if I'm reading it right).

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:40 pm

I have a copy of Force of Habit for trade, if anyone is interested.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:01 am

I would be
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:35 am

DeathCult wrote:
I would be

PM me.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:11 am

Why does everyone, including Exodus themselves, hate this CD? It's not their best, but it's certainly not bad either. They probably could have chopped it down to 9-10 of the best songs and it would have been a superb CD. Songs like "Thorn in my Side" and "Me Myself & I" are quite good. Ok, the covers of "Bi tch" and "Pump it Up" suck, but most of the original songs aren't bad.

ult

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:10 am

It's the one the record company hand their hands in the most.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:05 pm

It just never "captured" me. "Force Of Habit" just doesn't have the memorable tunes that EXODUS were known for.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 1:33 pm

I decided to pull this one out for a listen, as I couldn't remember the last time I spun this. The two cover tunes do nothing for me. The album has too many tracks, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. The standout tracks are "Thorn In My Side", "Me, Myself & I", "One Foot In the Grave" and "Architect of Pain". Then there are songs like "Fuel For the Fire", "When It Rains It Pours" and "Good Day To Die", which are strange songs that don't even sound recognizable. "Count Your Blessings" is a song that I didn't remember all that much, but I'm digging that tune.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 pm

It's been awhile since I've spun that album in it's entirety, but I recall enjoying it pretty well. If anything, it probably overstays it's welcome. The covers were unnecessary. Whittled down to 8 or 9 tracks probably would've helped.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:14 pm

It's a good album. Not their best but still not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 9:05 pm

Having avoided this album for years, due to bad reviews in general, i finally picked up a japanese reissue on cd.

Haven't spinned it yet. Will do so later today.

Don't know what to expect!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 11:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Never heard it... I jumped off the Exodus ship after the mostly-generic IMPACT IS IMMINENT... which should've been titled "End of Band is Imminent" Smile
Still feel the same way 14 years later?  Laughing very hard

I never got into this album. I liked it less than Impact is Imminent, and didn't care much for that one either. They have some good stuff, just overall kinda meh.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 12:02 am

The only song from it that ends up on my playlists is Feeding Time at the Zoo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 5:21 pm

They were having drug issues at the time and it sorta shows. A little too groovy for me, The coach doesn't care too much for groove in my metal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 5:32 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Fat Freddy wrote:
Never heard it... I jumped off the Exodus ship after the mostly-generic IMPACT IS IMMINENT... which should've been titled "End of Band is Imminent" Smile

Still feel the same way 14 years later?  Laughing very hard

Hah! I still have never heard Force of Habit... tho I did re-acquire Impact Is Imminent a couple of years ago. After a couple of listens I thought "Oh yeah, now I remember why I got rid of this album in the first place" and traded it off again.

For whatever that's worth. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 6:08 pm

Force of Habit has a few good songs. The guitar solos are better than average too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXODUS - Force of Habit
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2