Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EXODUS - Force of Habit

Go down 
+16
metalinmyveins
sam
DeathCult
SideShowDisaSter
tul
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
caniplaywithmadness?
sovdat
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
mc666
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

EXODUS - Force of Habit Empty
PostSubject: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 10:01 am

EXODUS - Force of Habit

I haven't pulled this one out in a very long time. I was discussing EXODUS on the phone with a friend who asked for some song recommendations. I was able to recommend songs from every album but this one. I just never familiarized myself with this one, like I did the others. What are your thoughts on this album?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 10:28 am

zetro = yuck, pass the Baloff

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 10:31 am

I'll take a scoop of the Baloff, as well.

The whole Exodus catalog is good, but BBB is an essential masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 10:40 am

I really like some of the tracks like "Architect of Pain" and "Feeding Time at the Zoo", but it did have some really bad tracks on there.

I like it a whole lot more than SHKM.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 10:51 am

I think its highly underrated.When I first got it I listened to it over and over again.It has a different vibe than their other releases.More of a groove to it I guess.Stand out tracks inc:Force of Habit,Architect of Pain,Thorn in my Side.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:13 am

Ha ha! Just listening to "Force of Habit" again. I had forgotten about the horrid Elvis Costello cover "Pump It Up" complete with gang vocals.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:43 am

you're right Ult,but the Stones cover B*tch is pretty good
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:45 am

Never heard it... I jumped off the Exodus ship after the mostly-generic IMPACT IS IMMINENT... which should've been titled "End of Band is Imminent" Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 2:21 pm

I think this album is similar to Metal Church's "Hanging in the Balance" if you take away the dreadful cover art there is a fine album waithing to be heard. I really enjoy this album.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 4:55 pm

I like, though not as much as Pleasures, Fabulous and Tempo and WAY less than the immortal Bonded by Blood! Exodus are one of the few bands without a single weak release in their entire catalouge!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Good day to die, Thorn in my side, Architect of pain, Climb before the fall are good tracks on this album.

I remember I used to listen to it again and again when it was released.

Good album imo...
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 7:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ha ha! Just listening to "Force of Habit" again. I had forgotten about the horrid Elvis Costello cover "Pump It Up" complete with gang vocals.

nolifetilmetal review
There are a few choice cuts on here; the ten minute epic "Architect of Pain" and the cool Elvis Costello cover "Pump it Up."

:)

zetro rules!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:52 pm

Much like Testament's 'The Ritual' it is a bit of a departure from their '80s material. I like it a lot, though. They slow the tempo down and play some good old fashioned heavy metal which is fine by me.

"Count Your Blessings" and the sorta thrashy "Feeding Time at the Zoo" rule. Actually two of my fav Exodus songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 3:12 pm

I like this one, although I could have done with out both of the cover tunes. When I was replacing/upgrading my Exodus collection from cassette to cd, this one and "Fabulous Disaster" were the first ones I got, so I guess I just listened to them more than the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:08 pm

Glad I just sold my Impact Is Imminent for a bit of change because.....

Quote :

EXODUS Thrash Classics “Impact Is Imminent” & “Force Of Habit” Back In Print!

Caroline Records is proud to announce the March 11th release of two classic remastered Exodus albums as limited edition Japanese-style mini-vinyl CDs, offering a scaled down replica of the original vinyl release in CD format, complete with inner sleeves! Both albums will be available digitally as well.Arguably the first American Thrash band (Metallica’s Kirk Hammet was a founding member), Exodus came from the Bay Area scene that created Metallica, Megadeth, Death Angel, Testament and Vio-lence. Exodus jumped from Combat Records to Capitol in the early 90’s, supporting these releases on tours with Pantera, Suicidal Tendencies, Anthrax, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Metallica, and Megadeth. Both albums have been out of print for over ten years and command high prices on the secondary market.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:

EXODUS Thrash Classics “Impact Is Imminent” & “Force Of Habit” Back In Print!

Caroline Records is proud to announce the March 11th release of two classic remastered Exodus albums as limited edition Japanese-style mini-vinyl CDs, offering a scaled down replica of the original vinyl release in CD format, complete with inner sleeves! Both albums will be available digitally as well.Arguably the first American Thrash band (Metallica’s Kirk Hammet was a founding member), Exodus came from the Bay Area scene that created Metallica, Megadeth, Death Angel, Testament and Vio-lence. Exodus jumped from Combat Records to Capitol in the early 90’s, supporting these releases on tours with Pantera, Suicidal Tendencies, Anthrax, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Metallica, and Megadeth. Both albums have been out of print for over ten years and command high prices on the secondary market.

Interesting business model ... reissuing the two albums by this band that nobody liked very much in the first place... ??? Is there REALLY that much demand for these??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:01 pm

It's Caroline records. I think their biggest product ever was Carnivore, Peter Steele's first band. This is a big score for them. Too bad no one will buy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:03 pm

spectrefate wrote:
It's Caroline records. I think their biggest product ever was Carnivore, Peter Steele's first band. This is a big score for them. Too bad no one will buy. Smile

Carnivore were on Roadrunner, they were never on Caroline.

Be that as it may, I didn't even know Caroline Records still existed. I knew a guy in college who interned in Caroline's promo department so he used to make sure they sent the campus newspaper a copy of everything they put out. I was the self-appointed "rock critic" so I was the guy who had to review all of 'em. Too bad just about all of it sucked!! The lone diamond amongst the turds was the NWOBHM: 79 REVISITED 2-album set (compiled by Lars Ulrich) which was a co-production of Caroline and Metal Blade. I chucked just about every other promo copy I ever received in those days but I still have my advance cassette of that baby around the house somewhere. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:35 pm

I liked Good day to die, Thorn in my side and Feeding Time at the Zoo off this album and thats pretty much it. Its not a horrible album just not a Exodus album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Carnivore were on Roadrunner, they were never on Caroline.

Yea, the self titled Reverend CD that was released on Caroline, and was there a dodgy Overkill CD released by these too ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:13 pm

"Thorn In My Side" kills! The "FOH" coverart was complete excrement by the way.If they re-release Force' they ought to get new cover art for it and put the "Exodus" logo on there as they should. (See the avatar to the left)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:44 pm

I only heard this after buying it about 3 years ago. Quit listening to alot of bands for awhile and been having fun going back and catching up. I wonder "why" they chose the actual covers that they recorded. Not trippin' on it, just would be kewl to know.

Laterz
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:45 pm

I think FOH is a very good one, especially Architect of Pain. For what Caroline is doing I am not 100% sure if it is legal. Gary said many times, that their old record label is not interested in re-releasing them. And they will only sell the rights for ten thousands of Dollars. I do not think Caroline paid the old label that amount of cash.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:49 pm

I think it's a good album, but it is a bit different from the other albums in the Exodus catalogue. More groove, less thrash. There are some really good thrash tunes on there though!

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 pm

I always thought Caroline was more on the distribution end, than an actual label. I think that COC I got from you years ago, Ben, was on Caroline Records. As well as some Bad Brains and others. But usually, it was "Megaforce Records (or whatever) distributed by Caroline".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS - Force of Habit   EXODUS - Force of Habit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXODUS - Force of Habit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next