Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Force of Evil

Go down 
+4
A Handful of Wayne
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Sword Of The Heretic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:01 pm

http://www.myspace.com/forceofevil

Picked up Black Empire in the used bin for 10 bucks. This is a pretty hard rockin' album. Anyone else know of them? 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:09 pm

I had their S/T debut album for a while a few years back... decent but wasn't a "keeper." I was interested in 'em mainly because everyone except the singer had been involved with either Mercyful Fate or King Diamond in the past, and I'm a huge KD/MF fan. However, the guy who sings for Force of Evil (Martin Steen from Iron Fire) is no KD by any stretch!!

I eventually traded the CD off but I've almost picked up BLACK EMPIRE a few times now... I see that all of the tunes are about famed horror movie characters, which sounds kinda cool cuz I'm a horror geek (although it probably would've been even cooler if Iced Earth hadn't done the same thing a year or two earlier on their HORROR SHOW album)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I had their S/T debut album for a while a few years back... decent but wasn't a "keeper." I was interested in 'em mainly because everyone except the singer had been involved with either Mercyful Fate or King Diamond in the past, and I'm a huge KD/MF fan. However, the guy who sings for Force of Evil (Martin Steen from Iron Fire) is no KD by any stretch!!

I eventually traded the CD off but I've almost picked up BLACK EMPIRE a few times now... I see that all of the tunes are about famed horror movie characters, which sounds kinda cool cuz I'm a horror geek (although it probably would've been even cooler if Iced Earth hadn't done the same thing a year or two earlier on their HORROR SHOW album)

My thought exactly.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Yeah, heard of them but I didnt really like how Martin Steen sounded, although I do like Iron Fire. Also the lyrics in Force of Evil just sounded way too corney. I was hoping they were going to be better than they were cause im a huge Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond fan myself.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Also the lyrics in Force of Evil just sounded way too corney.

Yes indeed, they were very corny. When I reviewed the CD for Detritus 'zine I think I made a comment about how the lyrics read like the band had taken a few scraps out of King Diamond's "reject" pile. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:38 am

"Force Of Evil" are an excellent band.Anytime you get a chance to listen to the Shermann/Denner dual atttack-you take it.Prefer the debut,but both are quality releases.Especially like "Hell On Earth" off the s/t.
Back to top Go down

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:08 am

Man, I remember this thread. No love for this band, huh? I just the self-titled and Black Empire, and I must say that this stuff is killer! Musically nothing new. Lyrics—who cares? The songs, however, are outstanding. Catchy, heavy, well-written, can't go wrong. Out of that huge lot of discs from The End, these two are keeping me from listening to the rest.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:14 am

I had the first album but didn't like the singer so i got rid of it.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 9:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
Lyrics—who cares?

angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:09 am

Great band indeed!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:50 pm

I have both albums and think they are pretty good releases.
Back to top Go down

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:58 pm

They are a band that is "almost there" for me...good but didn't quite hook me...had the debut and the DVD...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:49 pm

So I picked up their 2 albums just for the hell of it when Go Hastings had their 40% off used sale. I think I ended up getting them both for less than $2 each. Well... I'm glad I didn't pay more than that cause my first impressions were right. I was really hoping for some Mercyful Fate type guitar work but it really just falls flat. Nothing is memorable at all. I will say that Martin Steens voice isn't as bad as I remember hearing the first time around but he still did nothing for this band. He just doesn't have that, he can do any style thing with his voice. He does do a little growling here and there but it doesn't do anything any justice. I'll keep them just cause of the Mercyful Fate connection.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 am

Spinning the debut for the first time in many years...surprisingly I am liking it a little better than before.

Force of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Force of Evil   Force of Evil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Force of Evil
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: