Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal falling in popularity?

Go down 
+16
sheets
MetalH
the sentinel
Schbopo
Troublezone
shamgar75
Required Fields
manny
stepcousin
Getizzyback
Stender
7thSecond
nevermore
sam
Temple of Blood
Conservationist
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

Metal falling in popularity? Empty
PostSubject: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Metal falling in popularity? Black_metal-trends

http://www.google.com/trends?q="black+metal"

Metal falling in popularity? Death_metal-trends

http://www.google.com/trends?q="death+metal"

Metal falling in popularity? Underground_metal-trends

http://www.google.com/trends?q="underground+metal"

Metal falling in popularity? Heavy_metal-trends

http://www.google.com/trends?q="heavy+metal"

It could be we're going to finally get a break from the crowd. When there's too many metalheads, quality material gets drowned out by the herd, and most of those "metalheads" are johnny-come-lately kids hiding Nas CDs under the Blasphemy. As they all fade away, the times of qualtiy metal return -- which you can see by the resurgence in the old school death metal and black metal bands now touring and releasing new albums.

http://metal-blogs.com/death/2009/07/31/public-interest-in-metal-falls/
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:40 pm

In the 80s metal had the most popularity, the most money, the best songs, and the best musicians.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:46 pm

If it is? so what? There will always be crappy bands and their will always be decent bands. Popularity doesn't make a whole lot of difference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:02 pm

sam wrote:
If it is? so what? There will always be crappy bands and their will always be decent bands. Popularity doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
In the 80s metal had the most popularity, the most money, the best songs, and the best musicians.
Now on this we can agree!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:31 pm

nevermore wrote:
sam wrote:

I agree.

As do I.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:32 pm

I love those graphs, like they really know what millions of people are doing all at the same time...lol. Just like the Nielsons, a bunch of horseshirt!!!

With that said, I really don't care, because bands don't breakup like TV
shows get canceled when they claim nobody is supposenly watching them.

I HATE STATS!!!!

I HATE POLLS!!!!!!

All a bunch of factless bullshirt, that somebody does to make money.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:48 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Now on this we can agree!!! headbanger

yes, we can.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:47 pm

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

If you think you're going to get a meaningful idea of how popular metal is from Google search statistics...you're not.

Plus, people that are convinced all the good bands/players/albums and songs are from the 80's...need to maybe take a reality check.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Who said all of the good ones were from the 80s?

The reality check needs to go to those failing in reading comprehension and/or setting up straw man arguments. Razz
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:30 pm

This thread gets a thumbs down from me.

Also, most popular does NOT equal best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:35 pm

Those charts are funny to look at Laughing very hard

It looks like something you'd see in Office Space.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Are they sure they're even tracking bands that are real metal to begin with? Linkin Park etc... is not metal. Metallica is still popular and Megadeth and Iron Maiden still sell tons of albums. That last Lamb of God dvd just went platinum.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Good, then I can feel superior to the unmetal masses.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:32 pm

shamgar75 wrote:
Those charts are funny to look at Laughing very hard

It looks like something you'd see in Office Space.

"Umm...yeah...shamgar75, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday. There's been some problems with your TPS reports."

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Are they sure they're even tracking bands that are real metal to begin with? Linkin Park etc... is not metal. Metallica is still popular and Megadeth and Iron Maiden still sell tons of albums. That last Lamb of God dvd just went platinum.

I hate going into a store and seeing Linkin Park in the "metal" section and then Motorhead in the "rock/pop"section.
angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:21 pm

I agree shapoopy. I've been hunting around for bands before and found out they weren't in the metal section. Then I see mudhoney or something in there and it sort of makes my skull pop.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:01 pm

I miss having a decent record store with a metal section in town. We used to have a Tower which was a bit pricey, but had the best selection. I discovered so much great metal there from browsing and reading stickers on the cases or just thinking a band name sounded cool. I miss those days.... It's so hit or miss at Best Buy. I buy the majority of my cd's on Amazon these days...

I'm not too concerned with the popularity of metal. No matter what has been going on over the years, there are always great metal releases. It's fairly easy to avoid the crap. Just listen to what you like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Metal is popular?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:14 pm

About 90% of my purchases are also purchased from Amazon now adays, as for the popularity of metal in general, I would say that it is in healthier shape then it has been in years, but who knows really, when bands such as Linkin Park and Soundgarden are sometimes classified as metal bands at other times alternative, I suppose its the perceptation of its popularity depends on who is doing the survey and what bands they feel should be included or left out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:15 pm

So let it get un-popular. I'm too old to care anymore. I like what I like, trends be damned. Who knows, maybe if it gets un-popular again, it's will get rid of some trend-hopping posuers.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So let it get un-popular. I'm too old to care anymore. I like what I like, trends be damned. Who knows, maybe if it gets un-popular again, it's will get rid of some trend-hopping posuers.

Heck, I'm too old to care and I'm not even 30 yet.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:41 am

Graphs and charts like this can be manipulated to present whatever data the originator has came up with. This is why I hate Stats.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:48 am

Metal has indeed lost popularity. It's a bad thing.
In my country for example, and under the Church's pressure, metal was "banned" as of the beginning of the nineties. Slowly, people ended up losing interest and new generations barely know something about it now. I miss meeting metalheads around here. Luckily i have the internet to stay updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal falling in popularity?   Metal falling in popularity? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal falling in popularity?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next