Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite ANTHRAX song

Go down 
+28
kmorg
James B.
Leatherface
stepcousin
DeathCult
skullkrusher
Rami Airola
Grimmo
the sentinel
jstate
Schbopo
XYZ
Troublezone
Required Fields
stevegarveyfan
ohwellmonkey
metalinmyveins
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
325ad
MetalRob331
nevermore
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
mc666
Temple of Blood
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:56 pm

detuned wrote:
I think I'd probably skip ahead and pick the song "Time" from Persistence Of Time. That tune has always impressed me.

Good choice. I'd pick either "S.S.C/Stand or Fall", "A.I.R" or "Among The Living".
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:08 pm

You can't go wrong with anything off of "Among The Living" or "Spreading the Disease", so let's go with "A.I.R."
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Quote :
my favorites are probably "Antisocial" and "Be All, End All"

Some of my favorites as well. I loved State of Euphoria. When that came out I never wore a cassette out so fast.

Imitation of Life gets the nod since Among The Living was my introduction to Anthrax and I thought it was such a killer song to close the album with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Quote :
I thought Volume 8 was better than We've Come For You All. I never understood why everyone kept saying it was the best Anthrax has done in a long time. But hey.. what do I know Smile

Absolutely agree.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:40 pm

1.) Lone Justice
2.) Armed And Dangerous
3.) In My World
4.) I Am The Law
5.) Indians
6.) Keep It In The Family
7.) AIR
8.) Metal Thrashing Mad
9.) A Skeleton In The Closet
10.) Black Dahlia
* Sabbath Bloody Sabbath cover
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Indians.
Time
Sabboth Bloody Sabboth Cover
I'm Eighteen - Alice Cooper Cover
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:19 am

Probably Armed and Dangerous. The verse riff is just too awesome.

But then again the last two minutes of A.D.I. / Horror of It All is almost better. Too bad the first 5 minutes or so aren't that amazing.
Back to top Go down
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:07 pm

My Top Ten (In no particular order)

Medusa, Madhouse, The Enemy, Caught in a Mosh, N.F.L. (Efilnikufesin), A Skeleton in the Closet, Among the Living, Intro to Reality/Belly of the Beast, Got the Time, Lone Justice
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:14 pm

Now It's Dark Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:07 am

Aftershock
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:29 am

Death From Above.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:03 am

DeathCult wrote:
Now It's Dark Very Happy

ditto

love the attitude of the tune

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Madhouse is the song that got me into the band. But Medusa might be my all time favorite. It certainly cemented my love for them.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:07 pm

'Anti-Social' has always been a favorite of mine, but if nit-picking and askingfor an Anthrax original, I'll go with 'N.F.L.'

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Only
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:11 pm

A.D.I./The Horror Of It All
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
Only

That might be my favorite Bush-era song.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:32 pm

I like their covers as well.A couple that I really like are Got The Time and She.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I like their covers as well.A couple that I really like are Got The Time and She.
I agree they've done some great covers. I particularly like the covers they recorded during the SOWN sessions of Cheap Trick, Thin Lizzy and Smiths tunes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:47 pm

Svengo wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
I agree they've done some great covers. I particularly like the covers they recorded during the SOWN sessions of Cheap Trick, Thin Lizzy and Smiths tunes.

Me too. They've always picked great tunes to cover and make them their own. The only mis-step in my opinion was early on and their covering of 'I'm Eighteen' by the Coop. Something just never sat right with me on that one. But I'll chalk that one up as a youthful discretion. With the re-releases, I think I have most of their covers, but I know I'm still missing a coupla here & there. I'd like them to put out a box set of rareties & whatnot and put all the covers together on one or 2 discs. Man, that would be sweet.

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite ANTHRAX song   Your favorite ANTHRAX song - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite ANTHRAX song
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2