Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Almost 25 years old and it still rules!

Go down 
+15
manny
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Lurideath
stepcousin
Schbopo
Stender
Hamer12
7thSecond
DeathCult
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Empty
PostSubject: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Almost 25 years old and it still rules! SOD-SpeakEnglish

SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:31 pm

WISH I HAD SOME G**DAMN MILK
MY CHEERIOS DON'T TASTE THE SAME!
WISH I HAD SOME G**DAMN MILK
TOO BAD THE MILKMAN NEVER CAME!
🤘

25 years?....damn, now I officially feel OLD. I remember hearing the world premiere of that record on a college radio show back in '85.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:38 pm

I had the anniversary edition of this album and Bigger Than The Devil. I didnt like them enough so away they went. Shame because Charlie is one of my favorite drummers it just wasnt enough to keep them around.

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:39 pm

I think this album is one of those where you "had to be there". I wasn't, so it does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:42 pm

I still get choked up when I hear "The Ballad of Jimi Hendrix"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I had the anniversary edition of this album and Bigger Than The Devil. I didnt like them enough so away they went. Shame because Charlie is one of my favorite drummers it just wasnt enough to keep them around.

I have 'em both too. BIGGER THAN THE DEVIL was just okay. I think it was a mistake for them to do another album, SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE was just one of those "lightning in a bottle" things that can never be recaptured.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:50 pm

I actually never heard Bigger Than The Devil and only own a cdr of Speak English...
Been meaning to pick up a real copy one of these days. But I've been pretty busy down on the farm as of late...

Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Thirsty_Cat186

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Sitting in front of the cow really gives the illusion the white liquid is coming from an udder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:18 pm

I was there! I was pretty wasted, but I was there! Thus I think Speak English Or Die is a CLASSIC!!!!! 🤘

Kill Yourself is one of my personal faves.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:26 pm

(March of the SOD) is awesome and one of the catchiest riffs ever along with Walk by Pantera.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:26 pm

CLASSIC album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 pm

What a classic. I still remember when it came out. It was all anyone was talking about. God I wish I still had my Speak English Or Die shirt from back in the day. That was a cool shirt. I still have 4 songs from it ripped on to my iPod to this day. M.O.D. is cool but they've never had that special something that S.O.D. did. Red White and Screwed is a pretty good album though for those interested.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 5:34 pm

An absolute classic!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:54 pm

First time I heard march I thought it had the most ripping riffs.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Has there ever been a more metal title for a song than "Kill Yourself"? I sincerely doubt it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Has there ever been a more metal title for a song than "Kill Yourself"? I sincerely doubt it.

Yes, there is. "Killing Yourself To Live". The ultimate sacrifice to save yourself.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:55 pm

"Hey Gordy, give me a shot.............blearggghhh!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:38 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Sitting in front of the cow really gives the illusion the white liquid is coming from an udder.

Pfft. I only wish I had that kind of accuracy.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Pfft. I only wish I had that kind of accuracy.

hahaha!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Classic album indeed! Still ranks very high for me. Bigger than the Devil sucked and they shouldn't have done that album. SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 pm

F*CK THE MIDDLE EAST! 🤘

Love this album. The whole crossover genre does nothing for me, but this album is a classic.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:00 pm

An absolute classic!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Excellent album and an album I have not heard in years!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:06 pm

offensive, heavy, catchy, monstrous, and classic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Don't you know your're p*ssywhipped?

PostSubject: Re: Almost 25 years old and it still rules!   Almost 25 years old and it still rules! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Almost 25 years old and it still rules!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next