Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Rules!

Go down 
+4
EvyMetal
GrandNational
mc666
candlemass
8 posters
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:02 pm

lol @ the Snuggie

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Bill Maher is one seriously funny, intelligent dude. Since Carlin passed away...it's nice to know that there's still at least 1 guy out there whose not afraid to call "BULLSH*T" when it needs to be called.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:29 pm

detuned wrote:
Bill Maher is one seriously funny, intelligent dude.

Bill Maher is intelligent? That's news to me. He does make me laugh sometimes though.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:57 pm

GrandNational wrote:
detuned wrote:

Bill Maher is intelligent? That's news to me. He does make me laugh sometimes though.

Why would you consider him unintelligent?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 am

candlemass wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
detuned wrote:

In what ways would you consider him intelligent? His jokes are old and unfunny, and whenever I do laugh it's because he sounds so pathetic, he never seems to have a clue about the real issues at hand, he got chewed out by Tony Snow a few years back and had no idea what Tony was talking about but pretended to follow along, and his hubris is too big for two people in the same room. I used to think he was ok, but I grew up once I realized he usually has no clue on most issues he pretends to know.
Back to top Go down

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:12 am

How can his jokes be old when he's mocking current events? And when did people start thinking Maher is a political commentator? He's a satirist, a comedian. Despite his show's subject matter, that hasn't changed.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
How can his jokes be old when he's mocking current events? And when did people start thinking Maher is a political commentator? He's a satirist, a comedian. Despite his show's subject matter, that hasn't changed.

He must be somewhat intelligent to come up with jokes people will laugh at, and stuff that people know. He knows what people want to hear.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Let me clarify Eyesore: old as in pretty predictable. I used to watch him for a while and then his rants became obvious, I lost interest. I love the episode where Ron Paul comes in and Bill calls Ron his new hero. That was a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:06 pm

very unfunny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:53 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Let me clarify Eyesore: old as in pretty predictable. I used to watch him for a while and then his rants became obvious, I lost interest. I love the episode where Ron Paul comes in and Bill calls Ron his new hero. That was a nice touch.
Well, most comedians are predictable. I don't watch Maher often because I don't get the channel he's on, but I've always found him pretty funny. He's annoying when his stuff gets heavy-handed and he forgets he's a comedian, but when he's not pretending to be a politician, I think he's funny.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:58 pm

I've been meaning to check out Maher's documentary, "Religulous"... it apparently has pissed quite a few people off on all sides of the religious spectrum... anyone seen it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:11 pm

I've seen it on line, pretty good. Just remember, it is more of a comedy than it is a documentary.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:41 pm

candlemass wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
detuned wrote:

Yah, I was thinking the same thing a bit. He's obviously a smart man. My problem with him is his arrogance and condescending attitude with those that disagree with him. I haven't watched him in years (not with any kind of frequency, anyway), but when I have seen him attempt his political parody, you can see his ideology come through very clearly, and he likes to lay all blame for all problems on pretty much anyone that doesn't see things like him and those he supports politically.

As for the clip, I thought there were some funny parts. The snuggie bit was quite good, as was the Dunkin Donuts sandwich thing. His waxing political at the end was tiresome, and his bit about Obama's speach and such was useless blather to me. I always thought he was VERY hit-or-miss as a comedian anyway.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:11 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
candlemass wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
detuned wrote:

Yah, I was thinking the same thing a bit. He's obviously a smart man. My problem with him is his arrogance and condescending attitude with those that disagree with him. I haven't watched him in years (not with any kind of frequency, anyway), but when I have seen him attempt his political parody, you can see his ideology come through very clearly, and he likes to lay all blame for all problems on pretty much anyone that doesn't see things like him and those he supports politically.

This is part of the comedic act, sarcasm, is this not the same thing Rush Linbaugh does on the other side?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 pm

While I find myself agreeing with/laughing at many of his comments, Maher himself is such a smug douchebag about it, I have a hard time enjoying him. Funny stuff though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Well, most comedians are predictable. I don't watch Maher often because I don't get the channel he's on, but I've always found him pretty funny. He's annoying when his stuff gets heavy-handed and he forgets he's a comedian, but when he's not pretending to be a politician, I think he's funny.

You hit the nail on the head about Bill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Rules! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules!   New Rules! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Rules!
Page 1 of 1