Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Empty
PostSubject: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:53 am

I've become addicted to this site over the past couple months. You can listen to any album all the way through one time, which makes it invaluable for deciding whether you want to buy a specific release or not. Great way to check out albums that you've been curious about but would never "blind buy".

No credit card requried for sign up, just an email address. You also get 50 free song credits as a bonus for signing up, with these credits you can add songs to your locker and play them as many times as you want. Also, you can have it scan your computer for audio files, it will then add them to your "owned" tracks, so you can access your collection from anywhere without having to drag a hard drive around.

Anyway, for a person "on a budget" (and who isn't these days)...it's a fantastic resource for staying up to date on new releases and reissues.

http://www.lala.com/
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:05 pm

I'll have to check it out again.I havent went on their site in so long because it got to were I wasnt receiving anything in the swapping thing.I think I'm still ahead on cd credits.Thanks for the heads up
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:47 pm

They pissed me off. I'll never use them again. They still owe me several CDs, which I know I will never see.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Yea, I bailed on Lala quite some time ago. Last time I checked into my account (well over a year ago) after being out of action for a while they'd changed the whole site around so it was pretty much all digital music-oriented. I sent'em an e-mail five minutes later saying "Cancel my account, please"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:58 pm

It is geared towards digital...but the point is you can listen to almost ANY album in their catalog free once...which is a legal way to preview an entire album without downloading it off a blog or from a torrent site.

In this day and age I'm not buying any album until I hear it all the way through first, too many releases and too little money.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 am

What is the recourse for those of us who are still owed CDs? This seems like fraud.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
What is the recourse for those of us who are still owed CDs? This seems like fraud.

It is fraud. They just changed to digital without a care for those of us who were using their site for it's original intent, CD trading.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:05 pm

I sent them an Email regarding this. They're taking their time responding. I'm good at pestering so we'll see where this goes.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:50 pm

I got an Email back from them saying they've added $15 to my account to download music. However, I don't do music like that.

I sent them an email back thanking them, but reminding them that I've been with them for years and like many here, helped spread the word like a weed to help them grow.

Let me encourage any of you other jaded and disgruntled LaLa traders to email as well because maybe, just maybe they'll have a favorable response if enough people do so.

support@lala.com
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:55 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I got an Email back from them saying they've added $15 to my account to download music.

Pfffft. Lame. You shoulda wrote back and said "How'bout you just send me a check for the $15 so I can buy a REAL CD?" Razz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Yes! Actually, my last email was the set-up for that. I'm trying to gently let them come up with that on their own before I bare my teeth like my Mom taught me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.   the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the re-launched LALA.com - great way to check out new albums.
Page 1 of 1