Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...

Go down 
+3
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage

A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Empty
PostSubject: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:10 pm

One of my all-time heros. This is one suicide that still saddens me. RIP WOW.

In her own words:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:16 pm

One of the songs on the soundtrack of my life:

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:04 pm

I haven't heard any Plasmatics in years! Use to have a couple albums on vinyl years ago.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Haha I never knew that KISS covered that song from her. Thats funny.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:33 pm

What a genius woman, too bad she had to go the way she chose. RIP...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Actually KISS wrote the song and it was written, I believe for her, it appears on her first solo album which Gene Simmons produced.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:47 pm

manny wrote:

Actually KISS wrote the song and it was written, I believe for her, it appears on her first solo album which Gene Simmons produced.

Correct.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:02 pm

I haven't listened or owned a Plasmatics album in several several years, I need to correct that soon and Wendy O Williams is very much missed,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:11 pm

manny wrote:

Black n Blue also has a rippin' version, as well.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:14 pm

wendy o'williams was a legend, whom I sadly miss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:32 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
manny wrote:

Black n Blue also has a rippin' version, as well.

learn something new every day

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Love that W.O.W. album, as well as the Plasmatics' COUP D'ETAT.

I will never forget the first time I saw the Plasmatics -- it was the video for "The Damned" on MTV when I was about 12 years old. Wendy scared the hell outta me but fascinated me at the same time. MTV yanked that video from rotation pretty quick due to concerns about its violent content, but it stayed with me forevermore! That was the most bad-a$$ music video ever made!!

By the way, King Kobra also recorded two of the Gene Simmons-penned tunes that appeared on W.O.W.'s solo debut -- they did "It's My Life" and "Legends Never Die" on KING KOBRA III.

manny wrote:

Gene also played bass on the W.O.W. album under the pseudonym "Reginald Van Helsing." I believe most of the other KISS guys made cameos on the record as well.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Lots of good info in this thread. 🇬🇹
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:39 am

I remember the first time I saw the Plasmatics, too, Freddy. My dad grabbed Wendy's boob. Man, I miss that guy....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:53 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
I remember the first time I saw the Plasmatics, too, Freddy. My dad grabbed Wendy's boob. Man, I miss that guy....

I think I asked you this question once before when you told that story, Sax, but I gotta do it again: Did Wendy let your dad keep his hand? Laughing

Sadly I never got to see the Plas live. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:38 am

Yeah - I am sure that was not all that uncommon, as she would like to bend down and sing to the crowd or even jump right in.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I will never forget the first time I saw the Plasmatics -- it was the video for "The Damned" on MTV when I was about 12 years old. Wendy scared the hell outta me but fascinated me at the same time. MTV yanked that video from rotation pretty quick due to concerns about its violent content, but it stayed with me forevermore! That was the most bad-a$$ music video ever made!!

Just in case some of ya have never seen the above mentioned vid, experience it below... then tell me this isn't the coolest music video you've ever seen in your life. 🤘

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Yeah - I am sure that was not all that uncommon, as she would like to bend down and sing to the crowd or even jump right in.

Haha, I'm sure. She probably had to wipe off fingerprints after every show.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...   A long way from the Howdy Doody Show... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A long way from the Howdy Doody Show...
Page 1 of 1