Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

aletheian (crutch)-dying vine

Go down 
+4
GrandNational
metalken
nevermore
metalhead777
8 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Empty
PostSubject: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:06 pm

aletheian formerly known as crutch have only released 2 CDs 1 titled hope prevails as crutch and dying vine. iv never heard hope prevails but dying vine is a masterpiece of tech death! this is modern tech death. you know where its like a song in a song...in a song.....in a song
allot of changes in guitar and vocals throught every song. now on ironclad reconds AKA metalblade 🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:23 am

This album has been out for quite awhile. Iron Clad actually re-released it.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:24 pm

nevermore wrote:
This album has been out for quite awhile. Iron Clad actually re-released it.
yeah on hope prevails in 03 then on ironclad in 08. i prefer the ironcled artwork.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 pm

They actually have a third release called Apolutrosis which came out between the two you mentioned. All three are great releases and when followed in chronological order you can really see how the band became more of a powerhouse with each c.d. The live dvd they came out with is quite good for a d.i.y. release.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:45 pm

wow thanks i didnt know about the second release!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:00 am

metalhead777 wrote:
wow thanks i didnt know about the second release!

Apolutrosis, the 2nd album is their best release, IMO. It's much more diverse with keyboard effects and atmosphere than Dying Vine, the 3rd album. For nostalgia and head banging goodness, I like the original Crutch album before they became Aletheian. It's one of the best technical-death metal albums for a debut you can find.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:19 pm

The only thing about "Apolutrosis" that bugs me is that the common "themes" running through the CD are too repetitive, and for me it gets old much faster. However, it's still a good CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Picked up "Dying Vine" and I am very impressed by this band. Great playing and interesting music. Nice solos. The vocals are a bit metalcore-ish I guess but thankfully the music isn't. Plus they play a CYNIC cover and how many bands could pull that off?
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Love it! Great tech-death metal, drives my wife crazy when I watch the DVD. She hates it with a passion.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:12 am

Dying Vine really surprised me. As an old school metal/thrash fan rather then a modern techdeath fan, I wasn't expecting to like much of it. Whilst I'm still not mad aout the vocals, the music is really impressive.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Haven't heard any info on this band lately. Are they still together?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aletheian (crutch)-dying vine   aletheian (crutch)-dying vine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aletheian (crutch)-dying vine
Page 1 of 1