Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players

Go down 
+16
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
powermacho
stepcousin
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
dirtracin1
kethdredd
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
Am I Evil?
sam
thejokeriv
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:43 am

I still don't own an MP3 player and don't plan on getting one any time soon.

(Hugs CD collection) You're NOT obsolete, my little silver friends! You're NOT!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

They will never be!!!!!

BUT - you need the 120GB Ipod, you can put ALL of your CD's on it (take it down to 128KB and you'll be all set!) and ALWAYS have your collection in your hands!!!!!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

**calls the "white coats"**
Um yeah....gotta a guy here you should pick up.....FAST! I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 811939
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:43 am

I have a little INSIGNIA mp3 player that holds about 350-400 songs. I don't use it that much, so I don't mind swapping out tunes from my computer every now & then. I've had it for almost 2 years now without any problems.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:10 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

They will never be!!!!!

BUT - you need the 120GB Ipod, you can put ALL of your CD's on it (take it down to 128KB and you'll be all set!) and ALWAYS have your collection in your hands!!!!!

Yes sir. I have over 8000 songs on mine and still have about 3/4 space left.It's great having your entire collection in a compact device. The only drawback is that's too much space for my computer (I need to get an external hard drive or something).

My ipod froze up about 2 months ago and I couldn't get it to work by using the method to get it back up and running. After checking apple/itunes, I found the only way was to "reboot" the ipod (I can't remember the right word for it) causing me to lose everything on the ipod. It took me a full 2 weeks to reload all my cds onto the ipod.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Quote :

(Fingers in ears) LALALALALALALALALA!!! NOT LISTENING TO YOUUUUUUU!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

007 - here's how you reboot it - toggle the lock switch back and forth (make sure it is the UNLOCKED when done toggling it), then press the MENU and SELECT (the center button) AT THE SAME TIME, it will re-boot and you won't lose any of your music. They do freeze up every now and then.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

007 - here's how you reboot it - toggle the lock switch back and forth (make sure it is the UNLOCKED when done toggling it), then press the MENU and SELECT (the center button) AT THE SAME TIME, it will re-boot and you won't lose any of your music. They do freeze up every now and then.....

Hop around in a counter-clockwise circle on your left foot while patting the top of your head with your right hand and recite the Gettysburg Address while you're at it. It does nothing to help the re-boot, but it's sure as heck fun for those around you. I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 811939

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:34 pm

007 - here's how you reboot it - toggle the lock switch back and forth (make sure it is the UNLOCKED when done toggling it), then press the MENU and SELECT (the center button) AT THE SAME TIME, it will re-boot and you won't lose any of your music. They do freeze up every now and then.....[/quote]

That's what I was trying to do,but for whatever reason I could not get it to work.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:06 pm

007 wrote:

That's what I was trying to do,but for whatever reason I could not get it to work.
lame

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Alright here is my newest adventure with MP3 players. My 8GB Zune was still working but there was no audio. I took it to Best Buy to get it replaced. They told me they no longer kept that particular player and they could only give me store credit to use toward another MP3 player. I was ticked off becaue I really liked my Zune player. I found the new Zune HD 16GB and got that one thinking it would be just as satisfiying. While the picture viewing function is awesome, there is no shuffle allowed and with over 1000 pictures that's no good. So I figured I'd buy a cheap 4GB Zune off Amazon for my pictures and as a backup MP3 player. I got the 4GB in the mail the other day but when I plugged it in I got a battery symbol followed by a blank screen (which is what I got from the Zune I put through the washing machine-see earlier posts). I figured I got a bad player and was ready to ship it back the next day. However, I came back after it had been plugged in for a while and decided to see if it would turn on-it did. So I ended up with 2 Zunes.

On a hunch, I plugged in the laundered player and left it alone. I got home and tried to turn it on-IT CAME ON!!!!! Now I have 3 Zune players, one of which went through a load of laundry and still works. So on one hand I had a problem with a Zune player after less than a year, on the other hand one of them survived a washing. Maybe the Zune ain't so bad after all.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:52 pm

I have a Creative Zen V Plus 2 gb (and I thought 2 gb was PLENTY until I read what everybody else has), and while the sound is decent, the screen is too small to watch videos (wouldn't that eat up all the battery charge?)

The one problem that Creative has, is their support staff on their forums are not the most helpful, and you get more help from other members like yourself who might help with technical advice.

For example, it wouldn't be read as "connected" to my computer to move files, so I had to try a Recovery Tool download, and also look for a driver that Creative manage neglect to tell me would have fixed my problem immediately.

IF this thing quits on me, i will get a Zune as have heard from guys who also have Ipods, and say Zunes are pretty reliable, they have had less hassles, especially if they need to be replaced.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:08 pm

I have a Zune 120 still works great,used about 40 gbs and have about seventy to go.I downloaded new games on it, including the entire bible, a strobelight,and a guess the song game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players   I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Officially Have A Bad Luck Streak With MP3 Players
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2