Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Even more bad luck for Slayer...

Go down 
+10
GrandNational
mc666
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Troublezone
Stender
Alex Dee Rokket
Sutekh
Nico
Required Fields
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Even more bad luck for Slayer... Empty
PostSubject: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:09 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/157004
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:27 pm

That really sucks. I heard about how they were gonna do a tour without Jeff because of some illness he got from a spider bite or something, I initially thought that was what this thread was about. I hope they both get better soon.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:14 pm

Holy cow! I'm just gearing up to see them on Saturday.... hope it's nothing too serious, for his sake (and all the fans here, too Wink ).
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:14 am

I really wonder what he has... they are awaiting test results which could mean a whole range of things he could potentially have...

Either way, I can't help but think that Kerry King is pondering on what to do next

If Araya were to retire I think Slayer could still go on. It would be no different to say Exodus with the current vocalist. of course it may take a while longer for people to accept a different frontman but surely I'm not the only one thinking that this could actually happen ...
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:51 am

People sometimes forget that these dudes are all getting hella old.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:50 am

Tom is the one that seems to be falling apart the most from aging. Jeff's spiderbite didn't have anything to do with his age, it's just another unfortunate mishap...

And i don't believe Slayer should continue on if Tom retires.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:23 am

Slayer should retire.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:27 am

Stender wrote:

Thrashin' ain't for old folks. Even more bad luck for Slayer... 251456 It's a young man's game.

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Stender wrote:

Thrashin' ain't for old folks. Even more bad luck for Slayer... 251456 It's a young man's game.

In Tom Araya's case, cocaine ain't for old folks either.

They should just make a "Big Four" band composed of:

DAVE MUSTAINE - Vocals, Lead Guitar
DAVE ELLEFSON - Bass
KERRY KING - Lead Guitar
SCOTT IAN - Rhythm Guitar
DAVE LOMBARDO - Drums

LARS ULRICH - Drum Tech
KIRK HAMMETT - Guyliner
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:33 am

James Hetfield could supply a few "Yea-Aaaaaaaahhhhh"s

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:40 pm

Update from Tom's wife via Facebook, although they still aren't saying what the problem was/is, only what it wasn't...

Quote :
SLAYER were forced to cancel yesterdays appearance at the Soundwave Festival in Sydney, Australia after singer Tom Araya had been hospitalized. Tom's wife, Sandra Araya, now issued the following statement on her Facebook page:

"SPOKE WITH TOM =) He's feeling much better! it will be a few days before test results come back... That's all I can say for now! whoo hoo!"

"Tom does not have a ear infection! Not sure who came up with this, but it is not true... They are waiting on test results... If [the ear-infection explanation] is coming from the promoter, I am sure he is only saying what he was told!"

According to Soundwave Festival promoter AJ Madda Tom "will be OK" for the next Soundwave show in Melbourne on Friday, March 4th

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 pm

it was just one show. people tend to over react to these things.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:23 pm

Hopefully, the "Angel of Death" won't come for either one of these guys anytime soon grim reaper

And I agree with Monty.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:22 am

The organizers of Australia's Soundwave festival have released the following statement from SLAYER bassist/vocalist Tom Araya regarding the cancelation of the band's appearance at the Sydney, Australia stop of the festival on Sunday, February 27:

"Sorry I couldn’t make the Sydney festival show. I am feeling much better and look forward to performing in Melbourne [on March 4]."

According to a new Facebook post by Tom's wife Sandra Araya, the SLAYER frontman "was suffering from vertigo due to extreme dehydration and lack of rest. " She added, "Our doctor is in the process of getting the results on the test that were ran (major time zone difference and being the weekend has held up those results). Hopefully there will be nothing more to add after the results are returned."

The Sydney appearance would have marked SLAYER's second show on the annual festival tour.

SLAYER is currently on the road without founding guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who underwent emergency surgery on his right arm in January after contracting a serious infection, possibly caused by a spider bite. He is now recuperating at home and is expected to make a full recovery. He will return to the SLAYER lineup as soon as he has fully recovered.

Hanneman's temporary replacement for the Soundwave festival is Gary Holt from veteran San Francisco Bay Area thrashers EXODUS.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:14 am

Gonna see them (Slayer/Megadeth) live in 2 weeks in Moscow, hopefully Tom`ll recover by that time
Even more bad luck for Slayer... 499945 Even more bad luck for Slayer... 499945 Even more bad luck for Slayer... 499945
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Good to hear he's recovering, looking forward to the show on Saturday.

mc666 wrote:
it was just one show. people tend to over react to these things.

True, but they don't get down to Australia much, and their last Australian tour was cut short by Tom's illness. Adelaide, one of the capital cities, missed out altogether, so doutbless there was a fear it might happen again.
Back to top Go down
The Purple Scorpion
Metal novice
Metal novice
The Purple Scorpion

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I really wonder what he has... they are awaiting test results which could mean a whole range of things he could potentially have...

Either way, I can't help but think that Kerry King is pondering on what to do next

If Araya were to retire I think Slayer could still go on. It would be no different to say Exodus with the current vocalist. of course it may take a while longer for people to accept a different frontman but surely I'm not the only one thinking that this could actually happen ...

Maybe...but I for one have a very hard time seeing Slayer without Tom.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:27 pm

The Purple Scorpion wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Maybe...but I for one have a very hard time seeing Slayer without Tom.

As do I.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Well, Tom was very still at the show on Saturday.... but Kerry and Gary (great replacement, BTW) made up for it, and the intensity was fully there.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Well, Tom was very still at the show on Saturday.... but Kerry and Gary (great replacement, BTW) made up for it, and the intensity was fully there.

I agree Gary Holt is a great fill-in for Hanneman, I sure didn't see that one coming. They do have similar soloing styles so I can see how it would work for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even more bad luck for Slayer...   Even more bad luck for Slayer... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Even more bad luck for Slayer...
Page 1 of 1