Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TT Quick singer joins Accept

Go down 
+19
MetalGuy71
MetalFRO
powermacho
7thSaviour
Glenn Rogers
Lurideath
stormspell
Fat Freddy
sam
Required Fields
Skysplitter
mc666
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
ultmetal
kmorg
manny
Troublezone
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

TT Quick singer joins Accept Empty
PostSubject: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:06 am

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/accept-recruits-ex-tt-quick-singer-to-replace-udo-dirkschneider/

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:08 am

Uhhh...no thanks.

Accept without UDO = sh!t.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:11 am

I agree, it's not the same...

http://acceptworldwide.com/balls.html
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:28 am

Didn't they try this before in the late 80's with David Reece? It didn't work then and it won't work now.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:43 am

I'm utterly surprised, to say the least. I was almost looking at my calender, thinking it was a bad April Fools joke!

I have to say though, the sampled sounds like a killer Accept cover band! \'arry \'eadbanger

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:49 am

Might be interesting. Mark is a great vocalist.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:43 pm

I do miss accept indeed. Quite a metal band. But i don't think they'd be that good without UDO behind the mic.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:45 pm

Haha I just read this and was going to post it here. I couldnt believe what I was reading. I read something yesturday saying that they werent getting back together and now they are and with a different singer yet again? I just downloaded the 2 songs so i'll check them out but I dont know about this one. It didnt work the first time and they are going to try it again?

Isnt UDO the one who started Accept anyway?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:49 pm

Ok well... I just listened to the songs and I think it might just work. This guy sounds similar to UDO but not exact good enough to pull it off though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:17 pm

This is very good news. Now we will have ACCEPT again, and UDO can go on solo without any problem. Very cool and i also love the TT QUICK singer very much. Great.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:36 pm

krokus wrote:
This is very good news. Now we will have ACCEPT again, and UDO can go on solo without any problem. Very cool and i also love the TT QUICK singer very much. Great.
that's the attitude i'm taking on this as well. i'm looking forward to hearing what they come up with.

Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:13 pm

I don't know about this one. I just can't see Accept as Accept without Udo. I listened to the re-recordings, and it just doesn't sound right. As Kmorg said, it sounds like an Accept cover band. The dudes voice is ok, but nowhere near Udo. It will probably be better than when Korey Clarke joined Trouble however... Now that guy downright SUCKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Udo is Accept, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:07 am

I like the Reece album. I thought it was a very good, heavy album. I wouldn't care if they changed the name from Accept to something else, then or now. But the combination of Baltes, Hoffmann, and Frank has always been gold - no matter what they have done together. I will definately check this out and I hope they do great together!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:59 am

I will give this new line up a chance, like I gave the David Reece line up a chance, and here is Eddie Trunk had to say about it:

5/16/09: So cool to have been able to break the news on radio last
night about the relaunch of Accept! It was something that totally came
out of left field last minute, made more surreal by the fact that my
good friend Mark Tornillo (singer of TT Quick) is joining the band to
replace Udo! Mark said he started working with the band a couple weeks
ago and told them when it was official he wanted the first interview to
be with my show. Very cool and I appreciate it. So in the first hour
last night, for the first time anywhere, I interviewed Wolf Hoffman of
Accept and the bands new singer Mark Tornillo together on the phone
talking about the reunion and relaunch. This audio can be heard again
when the show airs on all affiliates listed under "Syndication" on this
site this coming weekend on those days and times. Remember, many of
these stations also stream, so you can tap into the show that way as
well. And of course if your an AA Member you can hear the show anytime
on demand after it airs on all affiliates. Wolf explained in the
interview that ever since Accept did some shows in Europe in 2005 they
had wanted to do a full tour and be a full active band again. After
years of trying they were not able to get Udo commited so began a
search for a new singer that could handle the old stuff and make new
music. That singer is Mark Tornillo and I think he will be a perfect
fit. If you've heard TT Quick it's pretty clear to see. Not only am I
thrilled Accept is back, but I am equally happy that Mark is getting a
shot in a major band after all these decades. The band has a website www.acceptworldwide.com
where you can actually hear Mark sing some stuff live with the band!
This is still in the very early stages and I of course will keep you
posted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:56 am

No offence, manny - but who cares what Eddie Trunk has to say about anything? He is just a tv version of Chuck Kloosterman [sp?]. The clean-cut, made-for-the-masses, VH1-records-pushing tool, superwhite blank page of nothingness. I am willing to bet that most of the members here are more knowledged than that fool.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:06 pm

hmmmm, interesting...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Now there's a combo I never saw coming...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:01 pm

Could be cool...I liked Udo & Reece...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:17 pm

I'm listening to the sample tracks now... "Balls to the Wall" sounded pretty awful, but "Flash Rockin' Man" showed some promise... we shall have to see.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:24 pm

It won't happen, but they should just retire "Balls to the Wall". That track is Udo and Udo only. No one can touch the original, so why bother? Same with "Dogs on Leads" and "I'm a Rebel". I hope they do not re-do those. Anything else is fair game, imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:26 pm

It doesn't sound that bad...its the first time I've ever understood most of the lyrics...LOL!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Haha, on 08.27.2005 I few over to Europe to witness the last ACCEPT show ever, as officially advertised. It was grandiose show and they threw the towel at the end...

I prefer to keep it this way. The new cover band is cool, but they definitely need to change the name. NO UDO = NO ACCEPT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:38 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
No offence, manny - but who cares what Eddie Trunk has to say about anything? He is just a tv version of Chuck Kloosterman [sp?]. The clean-cut, made-for-the-masses, VH1-records-pushing tool, superwhite blank page of nothingness. I am willing to bet that most of the members here are more knowledged than that fool.

No offense taken. For the record I feel most people on this board are more knowledgeable and could do a better job at hosting "That Metal Show'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:28 pm

Wow, Flash Rockin Man sucks. He seriously sounds like a dying cat. Maybe it sounds better in the rehearshal room?

No thanks. I'll stick with U.D.O.

Last edited by SpectreFate on Mon May 18, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TT Quick singer joins Accept   TT Quick singer joins Accept Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TT Quick singer joins Accept
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next