Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept rips off....Accept?

Go down 
+16
assault_attack
DallasBlack
Lari
Gilbert
Glower
nevermore
MoonChild
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
Lurideath
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
Boris2008
tohostudios
ze_mau
Jaybird
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaybird
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

Accept rips off....Accept? Empty
PostSubject: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Man, this song could have been "Balls to the Wall" part 2.

Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Well I´d not call it exactly a "rip off" , but the pace and some of the riffs are somewhat similar ... I have never heard much of their 90´s material but this album in particular sounds too AC/DC influenced for my tastes ... I mean I prefer their more "heavy metal oriented" songs like Restless and Wild , Breaker and such , sometimes they sound a little more hard rockish, sometimes they sound more "metal". de4pending on how you differentiate hard rock and Metal.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:50 pm

The chord progressions sure sound the same to me.  The more I listen to it I think the OP is spot on; they took Balls To The Wall, changed the words and made the vocals on the verse a little more aggressive but damn, that sounds almost EXACTLY like Balls.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
but damn, that sounds almost EXACTLY like Balls.

They should use that quote in the ads!  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Nah, not the same song... even though it is same key, same basic chords, but played differently... lots of band do the exact same thing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Nah, not the same song... even though it is same key, same basic chords, but played differently... lots of band do the exact same thing

First thing I thought was "AC/DC has been doing this for decades".

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:42 pm

No only that, but I think chorus from their song "New World Coming" rips a bit from the guitars that start at :15 of "I Don't Want To Be Like You!"

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Nothing wrong with using old ideas for new stuff. I don't find it ripping themselves off.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Nothing wrong with using old ideas for new stuff. I don't find it ripping themselves off.

It's not ripping yourself off...it's called having a signature sound.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:45 am

It happens a lot, I've learned to accept (haha) it. When a band takes from another band is a different issue though, like Megadeth's Kingmaker.

Check out the verse in this tune and tell me what you hear:

Awesome album but I can't deny that bugs me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 2:14 am

Speaking of Metal Church:

Great intro guys! Where'd you get it? Oh right:

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 2:50 am

^^good example, and funnily that original intro borrowed heavily from The Planets (my favorite classical suite), specifically Mars. Thing about Fake Healer is it's one of my favorite MC tracks--AFTER the intro haha.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:50 am

Sounds cool nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:24 am

Who better to rip off than yourself?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 am

corplhicks wrote:
^^good example, and funnily that original intro borrowed heavily from The Planets (my favorite classical suite), specifically Mars. Thing about Fake Healer is it's one of my favorite MC tracks--AFTER the intro haha.

Oh yeah, it's a great song.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 8:24 am

Here’s a band from Greece. 4 song EP.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 10:10 am

corplhicks wrote:
It happens a lot, I've learned to accept (haha) it. When a band takes from another band is a different issue though, like Megadeth's Kingmaker.

Man, i really need to buy this album. Can't seem to find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 am

Glower wrote:

Now that's what I'm talking about!  I just downloaded it from bandcamp. Thanks Glower!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Accept are great. They stay true. Why stray from being great? A different variation of great is still great, even if it's close to the original great. I personally never need to hear Balls to the Wall ever again in my life. So it's nice they made a new tune that takes the same spirit but it not quite the same.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 11:57 pm

Gilbert wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I had to find a youtube video of the full album and convert it into an MP3. I've done it with many long OOP albums that you can't find digital or hard copies of (or ones where you can't find the digital copy but you can get the hard copy if you're willing to spend ridiculously amounts of money). The only downside is I can't listen to individual songs but if I really want to spend the time I could find youtube videos of individual songs and convert them. Luckily, I usually listen to whole albums anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 12:32 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I had to find a youtube video of the full album and convert it into an MP3. I've done it with many long OOP albums that you can't find digital or hard copies of (or ones where you can't find the digital copy but you can get the hard copy if you're willing to spend ridiculously amounts of money). The only downside is I can't listen to individual songs but if I really want to spend the time I could find youtube videos of individual songs and convert them. Luckily, I usually listen to whole albums anyways.

Years ago, i held this album in my hands at a record shop in France before putting it back on the shelves. No clue why, to be honest.

Of course, when i went back the next day, it was gone angry.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 3:29 am

I remember John Fogerty being sued by his former manager for ripping off his own song. CCR "Run Though The Jungle" sounded a lot like "Old Man Down The Road"

Sued for reworking one of his own songs.  Settled out of court.

John hated Saul, He scewed
Band out of a fortune.

So John wrote a song about him. Not a great song but lyrics say it all. Interesting  video..

Back to top Go down
TheseGoTo11
Metal novice
Metal novice
TheseGoTo11

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Glower wrote:

Thanks for posting this. It's awesome and hilarious at the same time. I've listened to it multiple times today already.

You wanted Metal..And we deliver!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 9:15 am

I have to say, White Tower ( White Power ? ) - the first song -
it has a Scorpions guitar sound - close to the Love Sting studio album.
That alone - is damn impressive.
Reminds me of Bad Boys Running Wild and Big City Nights....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accept rips off....Accept?   Accept rips off....Accept? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept rips off....Accept?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: