Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Ellefson (temporarily) joins OVERKILL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

David Ellefson (temporarily) joins OVERKILL Empty
PostSubject: David Ellefson (temporarily) joins OVERKILL   David Ellefson (temporarily) joins OVERKILL Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 9:12 pm

This seems to be a big month for classic thrash bands hiring well-known fill-in bassists. First Dan Lilker temporarily rejoins Anthrax after 40 years (!), now Overkill are touring South America with former Megadeth bassist David Ellefson filling in for D.D. Verni, who is recovering from shoulder surgery.

Once again, the gigs are taking place in Mexico (South America gets all the cool stuff nowadays, it seems)...

Dave Junior seems to be fitting in well, tho his bass tone will never be as gnarly as DD's.
He's also been speaking highly of Overkill in recent interviews, praising the consistency of their catalog and the fact that they've never had a shit-the-bed moment ala "Risk" or "St. Anger":

Quote :
As for the challenge of learning the OVERKILL material over the course of several weeks, Ellefson said: "Look, I've gotta say, digging into these songs — they've got, what, 20 records out — consistently they have probably made the best, most consistently great albums out of all of us. And I mean, all of us. There's not a dud in the bunch, you know what I mean? They don't have a 'Risk' or a 'St. Anger' anywhere in their catalog. And EXODUS has got good stuff too, but I think OVERKILL, now that I'm really digging into it and really understanding it, it's just that. And D.D.'s amazing, man. Look, I may be David Ellefson, but I ain't no D.D. Verni, man. I mean, that guy, he's a masterful songwriter. His arrangements are killer and his parts are very clever and cool. And so, yeah, it's got my thrash chops up and it's an honor to just step in and help them out… Again, we're all buddies, we're brothers, and, look, I'm in a position and schedule allows for me to go do it. So, that's what it is."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

David Ellefson (temporarily) joins OVERKILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Ellefson (temporarily) joins OVERKILL   David Ellefson (temporarily) joins OVERKILL Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:53 pm

Ellefson is considered among the cream of the crop.
Back to top Go down

David Ellefson (temporarily) joins OVERKILL
Page 1 of 1