Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re-recordings...

Go down 
+17
Svengo
Leatherface
powermacho
XYZ
7thSecond
exact33
Troublezone
Lari
sam
akeldama
manny
TrogDawn
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Hamer12
ultmetal
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:13 am

It's been a trend in the last decade for bands with a long history to go back and re-record old albums, or a collection of old songs with their newer line-ups. Anthrax, Twisted Sister, Saint, Testament, Loudness, Molly Hatchet, Exciter, Sodom, Destruction, Grave Digger, etc. have all recorded projects like this.

What other albums would you like to see re-recorded by bands new/current line-ups?

I'd like to see:
OVERKILL re-record Feel the Fire
I think the current Overkill line-up would bring new life to this old classic. It's a great record, but I imagine that it would sound even better with a better, heavier recording not unlike Exodus - Let there Be Blood

ULTIMATUM re-record Symphonic Extremities

Yes, I know, how convenient that I pick my own band, but honestly, I've never been happy with this recording. We never were afforded the opportunity to record these songs properly. Rather, this album was a collection of demos. I think with our current line-up we could really get a great sound. We did re-record Blink for Into the Pit and I think it annihilates the original version.

HIRAX re-record Ragin Violence
One listen to the re-recorded versions of "El Diablo Negro" and "Walk with Death" should convince anyone that the current line-up would bring those old songs to new life!

ANVIL re-record Hard n Heavy

The original Hard n Heavy is not fondly remembered by many metal fans. Most prefer Metal on Metal or Forged in Fire from the band's early catalog. Hard n Heavy had a very 70's sounding production. However, with a beefier, heavier production I would imagine those songs would be awesome! Imagine songs like Bondage and School Love with a heavier guitar sound... 🤘

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:23 am

I would love to hear Deliverance re-do the S/T album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:51 am

Hamer12 wrote:
I would love to hear Deliverance re-do the S/T album.

That would be cool, especially if Jimmy could work with Glenn Rogers again.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm

i'd like a re recording of Show no Mercy.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Keeper Of The Seven Keys 1 and 2

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:12 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

There is nothing wrong with these two albums :kickbutt: .

I'd really like to see Deceased re-record "Luck of the Corpse" even though that album is great, I think the production is lacking, and maybe it's meant to be an underground death metal classic, but they've changed a lot since then.

Mortification - Break the Curse (the song Impulsation was a great re-do on the PMA album)

Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla (If they just re-record Run of the Mill and I'll be satisfied).
Back to top Go down

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:17 pm

I want Nevermore to re-record the two Sanctuary albums.
Back to top Go down

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I just want Nevermore to write an album that doesn't sound like the two they released prior to it.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:49 pm

I've not been a fan of this trend at all and I wish it would stop. A few songs here and there is cool sometimes, but entire albums is just trying to rewrite history IMO...leave it alone.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:51 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
I've not been a fan of this trend at all and I wish it would stop. A few songs here and there is cool sometimes, but entire albums is just trying to rewrite history IMO...leave it alone.

I am in 100% agreement.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:01 pm

manny wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

I am in 100% agreement.

I also am in agreement.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:43 pm

GrandNational wrote:

Haha of course there isnt anything wrong with those albums, they are great! I would just like to hear them re-recorded with the new band because they play these songs great live.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:

agree with this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:02 pm

[quote="Phoenix Reign Drummer"]
GrandNational wrote:

quote]

Haha of course there isnt anything wrong with those albums, they are great! I would just like to hear them re-recorded with the new band because they play these songs great live.
Recording a Keepers album without Hansen and Kiske would be sacrilegious.

Wait... they already did that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:09 pm

I'd like to see:
OVERKILL re-record Feel the Fire
I think the current Overkill line-up would bring new life to this old classic. It's a great record, but I imagine that it would sound even better with a better, heavier recording not unlike Exodus - Let there Be Blood

Agree
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Edguy Children Of Steel and Evil Minded Demos. When they redo their demo songs they really improved what they did first time around.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:25 pm

manny wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

I am in 100% agreement.

Generally I am in agreement with the caveat that the Saint's Warrior of the Son was much better the second time around...

Alex

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:18 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

I am in 100% agreement.

Generally I am in agreement with the caveat that the Saint's Warrior of the Son was much better the second time around...

Alex

I like the Warriors of the Son re-recording better too.

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:39 pm

None. I don't like bands to re-record albums, especially with a different line-up. Remastering is fine sometimes but not re-recording.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:59 pm

I think it would be interesting to have Megadeth's catalog re-recorded. Oh wait.....
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:41 pm

I would have to say whitesnake - ready and willing. At least this way it could be easier to get these albums, and I could hear these great songs live. To me this is their best album, and I which they stayed with this blues formula.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:23 pm

mc666 wrote:
i'd like a re recording of Show no Mercy.
That's the one I was going to pick as well. Maybe Dark Angel to record We Have Arrived again(man can you tell I want a DA reunion or what)? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:43 am

xyz wrote:
I think it would be interesting to have Megadeth's catalog re-recorded. Oh wait.....

Mustaine pulling a George Lucas is exactly why I generally can't stand re-recordings.

No musician is ever truly 100% satisfied with every aspect of a past record, but if you're gonna re-record or "improve" the past at least just call it a novelty or at most an addendum to that past work, not a replacement for it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:08 am

To me, it all depends on the band and how long I've been a fan. For someone like Megadeth, those discs to me are classics, so tinkering or re-recording them seemed like blasphamy. However, just recently I purchased Exciter's New Testament and I love it.

Nevermore re-recording some Sanctuary tunes could be pretty cool.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:10 am

Not a real big fan of the re-recording phenomenon. I can't think of any albums that I would "like" to hear re-recorded. Usually when I read on Blabbermouth that "(name of band) to re-record (name of classic album)," my immediate reaction is "NOOOOOO!!!!!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Re-recordings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-recordings...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next