Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series

Go down 
+9
plancha7
Chairman_Smith
EvyMetal
akeldama
MetalGuy71
candlemass
DeathCult
the sentinel
manny
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:42 pm

I really thought that Quadrophonic technology came out in the latter part of the 1970's, and that Pink Floyd - The Final Cut was actually one of a handful of recordings which actually employed the tech. What about this? Is this a true statement, or a bunch of malarky? Or, am I thinking of a different tech? I'll tell ya one thing that's truth, bub. I actually did rig up my system a number of years back to compliment the music on The Final Cut. When you sat in the middle of the room, and put the recording on, you would hear the cars approach in front of you and leave to the rear. Pretty cool. Other songs sounded very rich and multi-dimensional because of this. I think that Not Now John was effected the most. It was a cool idea that should have been used more often. Even without a set-up like this, you still would get a decent response from a nice pair of headphones.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Googlephonic kicks Quadrophonic's foursquare buttocks.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Couldn't find a current thread on old Black Sabbath so I figure I'd use this.

Just recently got the debut and Paranoid on CD (I used to have Paranoid on tape about a decade ago). Love both but give the nod to the debut. I can kind of imagine what it was like for some of you old guys hearing it for the first time. That title track must have been like nothing you had heard before. I used to like the Typo O Negative cover more but by imagining what it was like for people back then I appreciate that song a lot more. I will continue to add old BS to my collection.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Quote :
old BS

That's all I listen to. Old B.S.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:58 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
old BS

That's all I listen to. Old B.S.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Just recently got the debut and Paranoid on CD (I used to have Paranoid on tape about a decade ago). Love both but give the nod to the debut. I can kind of imagine what it was like for some of you old guys hearing it for the first time. That title track must have been like nothing you had heard before. I used to like the Typo O Negative cover more but by imagining what it was like for people back then I appreciate that song a lot more. I will continue to add old BS to my collection.

Be sure to add Master Of Reality, Volume 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath & Sabotage to your collection next.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:21 pm

detuned wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Be sure to add Master Of Reality, Volume 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath & Sabotage to your collection next.

Since I'm going in order, those are the ones I have my eyes set on.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:50 am

Just get the Black Box
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:11 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Just get the Black Box

Actually, that's a good point. The remastering is excellent and far superior to the single disc issues.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:36 pm

detuned wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Just get the Black Box

Actually, that's a good point. The remastering is excellent and far superior to the single disc issues.

If doing that will be cheaper than getting the albums used individually, then I'll do it. If not for now I'll settle for the single discs (all easily available around here-the non Ozzy ones on the other hand are not).
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Back to the original topic here did anyone ever get this 3 cd set?

I don't think it was released in the US?

I just picked it up off eBay but it appears to be a European release only?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:55 pm

Yeah, I found out later on that it was a UK only release. Sabbath's catalog is still owned by Vertigo over there and by Warner Bros. in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:39 pm

BillRoxx wrote:
Back to the original topic here did anyone ever get this 3 cd set?

I don't think it was released in the US?

I just picked it up off eBay but it appears to be a European release only?
I just got it in the mail today. Killer packaging! I haven't listened to it yet, but I will be later tonight over a few ales. The debut and Master of Reality are both slated for the same deluxe edition treatment sometime in June, I believe. I'm such a Sabbath smurf-for-hire - I love it! Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Trog, is there an instrumental only mix included in that set? That would be perfect! Razz
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:20 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Trog, is there an instrumental only mix included in that set? That would be perfect! Razz
Five of the eight tracks are included as instrumental versions (not including the already instrumental "Rat Salad" which states it as being an "alternate mix"). "Paranoid" and "Planet Caravan" are listed as having "alternative lyrics".
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:23 pm

detuned wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
How the hell would one listen to one of those Quad mixes properly anyway?

The only way to do it with modern gear would be to use a surround sound system. Quad was 4 separate channels of audio. They would have to release that disc as a DVD for it to work. But usually they just fold down the mix to stereo on CD...so it's essentially a complete waste of time.
Disc Two, aka "the quad mix" is actually a DVD Audio disc mixed in 5.1 STS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Looking forward to a review!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Will do mang! Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:48 pm

So far, I've listened to disc 3 with the instrumental/alternate versions and I'm loving it! I'm not completely sure if the instrumentals are the same takes as the ones on the album, but they are definitely not the finished/produced mixes if they are. They are much more raw sounding. The two tracks with alternate lyrics ("Paranoid" and "Planet Caravan") are also very cool due to the fact that it sounds as if Ozzy was improvising lyrics on the spot. Also, in "Planet Caravan", Ozzy's vox are heard without the effect of the Leslie on his voice, so it's very raw sounding and definitely worth hearing for the Sab enthusiast.

So far, I'm digging having this just based on the bonus disc and packaging alone! I'm looking forward to hearing the 5.1 (quad) mix and also anticipating the next two deluxe editions slated for release in June (Black Sabbath and Master of Reality)

Trog say Sabheads should own this! Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 309780
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:24 pm

detuned wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

This man speaks the truth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series   Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition Black Sabbath series
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3