Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth Anthology double CD

Go down 
+8
Required Fields
shamgar75
XYZ
powermacho
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
Smindas
Gilbert
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Megadeth Anthology double CD Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:30 am

I'm newly into megadeth and til now, i have two albums: Peace sells & Rust in peace. I'm actually trying to develop my taste in this band. Should i go for all the remaining albums, or is their latest release "Anthology" enough?

Thanks for the advise.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:37 am

If you like Megadeth, then probably not quite enough! Judging by you picking up Peace Sells and Rust In Peace, it's probably safe to assume you much prefer their thrashier side so Killing Is My Business is a must buy. So Far, So Good, So What? is good as well, but a bit weak in comparison to the other 3 surrounding it. Megadeth's sound changed quite significantly after Rust, with Countdown to Extinction being a bit like an equivalent to Metallica's Black album, except better (well, in my opinion, hah). Youthanasia slowed things significantly from Countdown, but also became a lot heavier and quite a bit more dark. Rather than list the rest of the discography, I think the best way to make your decision to check out more is see what tracks on the anthology take your fancy and check out their respective albums.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:29 am

Make sure you buy the first four first and digest them. Buy the rest at your own risk IMHO.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:12 pm

I'm not a fan of the thrashier Megadeth I much prefer Countdown, Youthanasia, and cryptic as there more melodic style fits them well IMO. There is a big difference in early and later Megadeth. Try exploring a little as most all songs are out there to listen to.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:58 pm

I like the first 4 and the last 3 albums from megadeth, I haven't give countdown and youtanasia a try so far
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:11 pm

You can't go wrong with most of their catalog.

Except for Cryptic Writings, Risk, and The World Needs a Hero. You can go wrong with those.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Get Killing is my Business and So Far, So Good, So What.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:50 am

shamgar75 wrote:
Get Killing is my Business and So Far, So Good, So What.

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:16 am

Thanks. I just got killing is my business and so far, so good, so what. Amazing stuff. I think i'll stick to that for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:55 am

xyz wrote:
You can't go wrong with most of their catalog.

Except for Cryptic Writings, Risk, and The World Needs a Hero. You can go wrong with those.
You see, I actually really like Cryptic Writings. I know it's a radical change from the tried and tested Megadeth formula, but it's a good rock album. Nothing amazing, but I think it's better than it gets credit for - tracks like 'Trust' and 'I'll Get Even' are among my favourite Megadeth cuts.

Risk and The World Needs A Hero are a bit pants though.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:12 am

I'll Get Even is an amazing song as is the album Cryptic Writings
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Youthanasia
System Has Failed
United Abominations
Countdown to extinction

All kick major butt
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm a huge Megadeth fan, but even I can't listen to Risk. I don't know what they (or Dave) was going for with that turd. As for the rest of their discography, like elswhere stated, the first 4 are the thrashiest and by most accounts, the fan favorites. After that, they went a little more melodic. Still good albums though.

I was surprised at some of the negativity directed at The World Needs a Hero. I thought that was a good album and a great comeback after Risk. Eh, to each his own I guess.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 pm

I also like "The World Needs A Hero" which is the last Megadeth I have purchased I thought it was a good album, as far as 'Risk" when it was first released I thought it was the worst album ever released by one of my favorite bands til Metallica released 'St. Anger" that is.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:25 pm

If you had to have only one go with Rust In Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Anthology double CD   Megadeth Anthology double CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth Anthology double CD
Page 1 of 1