Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Empty
PostSubject: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:12 pm

I'm pleased to announce the double cd set release of Seattle's 80s metal heroes HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY.

Short bio taken from their myspace page:
HELD UNDER from Seattle (not to be confused with the Tri-Cities, NY band currently active), was formed out of the ashes of 80s Heavy Metal band DISCOVERY. After playing a few shows under the name DORIAN GRAY, they then changed their name to HELD UNDER and released the full length album "Dying Breed" on cassette in 1991. Contrary to what is said about "Dying Breed" on a few websites (like at Download.com), it was never officially released on CD, although, it was later mastered from original DAT format to CD-Rs by Bob Shook. They played a few more shows into 1992. The band dissolved after drummer Steve Oliver had a heart attack during rehearsal. They remained friends, getting together to record a few songs here and there into the late 90s...

The double cd set will include:

Disc 1: HELD UNDER - "Dying Breed" album from 1991 with 4-5 bonuses recorded between 1991-1995
Disc 2: DISCOVERY - "New Horizons" EP from 1988 with 8 bonuses recorded between 1986-1989

16-page booklet with info, band pics, lyrics, etc., and brand-new artwork by Dimitar Nikolov (he is drawing the artwork as we speak, will post a preview when available).
Hand-numbered edition, limited to 1000 copies.

Basically, this will be a massive collection of almost everything recorded from 1986 up to mid-90s. ESSENTIAL for fans of US 80s metal!

To check audio samples: http://www.myspace.com/heldunderseattle

Expected release date: February 2008
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:20 pm

it was time!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:18 am

Just wait to hear the DISCOVERY bonus tracks - some SERIOUS US 80s metal from 1986 in par with all big names from that era! Fans of LEATHERWOLF, FIFTH ANGEL, HEIR APPARENT will be blown away!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:37 am

stormspell wrote:
Just wait to hear the DISCOVERY bonus tracks - some SERIOUS US 80s metal from 1986 in par with all big names from that era! Fans of LEATHERWOLF, FIFTH ANGEL, HEIR APPARENT will be blown away!

hehehe, bate, who told you than i don't have these demos? US steel all the way...
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:56 am

syrus wrote:
stormspell wrote:

hehehe, bate, who told you than i don't have these demos? US steel all the way...

You have all 13 Discovery tracks? Cool! I thought only 1988 5-track demo was released officially on tape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:18 am

stormspell wrote:
syrus wrote:
stormspell wrote:

You have all 13 Discovery tracks? Cool! I thought only 1988 5-track demo was released officially on tape.

hehehe, i have that demo but i also got the other stuff from them...count me in of course for this release(make another combo with t-shirt and i'm in also!)..i won't hear their stuff till i get your release....hope that you'll include a full bio like usual(why don't you make it like an interview though?)

edit: if you're interested i'd give you another contact from another great band from WA that is looking to release their demo in official form but they don't have money...just PM me
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:29 am

I'm sorry but I'm not going to make another t-shirt combo soon. I'm completely gutted by the way Jak[off]prints mistreated me and gave me huge run-around with the Cauldron Born t-shirt order, and dont think I'll be ordering from them anytime soon, if ever angry

I need to see what materials Patrick will give me for the booklet. The factory I used to print Amulance's massive 24-page booklet is out of favor (bloody jackprints, see above), and the other reliable pressing plant I've been working with offers only up to 16-page booklets, so I may run short on space.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:52 pm

Artwork preview (working variant):

HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology HeldUnder-1
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Looks cool!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:49 pm

As I said on another board. LOOKS AMAZING!!!!

Waiting with great anticipation.

Syrus ? Who's the other Seattle band? I know there are a ton of em.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology   HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: