Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wild Willy's Gang

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Being a TNT freak, and a huge fan of Le Tekro, I have been trying to get this album for a while. Hoping it was not gonna be more of the same below average stuff that Ronni has been cranking out since Firefly or Vagabond. I was not disappointed!!! Every song on Camouflage flat out rocks!! Any fans of TNT or Ronni's shredabilty should track this one down!!

One Review: WILD WILLY'S GANG - CAMOUFLAGE

Here are the guys slayin' some Joe Walsh:

Back to top Go down

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:05 pm

I haven't heard TNT (or anyone involved) for years, I do however remember banging my head to the title track from Tell No Tales quite frequently.

🤘

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Haha, the video is not the same band that released Camouflage though. I think only the drummer (Willy Bendiksen) and Ronni are left from that line-up. The video clip is filmed in my hometown, I believe, and it is the mighty Eirukur Hauksson (aka Eric Hawk, from Artch, Mattched For Magie, Dryssil and Gardenian (guest) on vocals! The CD has Jan Thore Grefstad (ex-Highland Glory, Saint Demon) on vocals. The second guitarist is Igor from U.D.O.'s band, I think.

I have the CD, and have seen the band live 2 times, but never knew you were lookin' for it, John!

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:26 pm

kmorg wrote:
Haha, the video is not the same band that released Camouflage though. I think only the drummer (Willy Bendiksen) and Ronni are left from that line-up. The video clip is filmed in my hometown, I believe, and it is the mighty Eirukur Hauksson (aka Eric Hawk, from Artch, Mattched For Magie, Dryssil and Gardenian (guest) on vocals! The CD has Jan Thore Grefstad (ex-Highland Glory, Saint Demon) on vocals. The second guitarist is Igor from U.D.O.'s band, I think.

I have the CD, and have seen the band live 2 times, but never knew you were lookin' for it, John!

That's ok. Willy and Ronni are all that interest me, really. I just thought a "Le Tekro-ized" version of Rocky Mountain Way was extremely cool [I totally got in to it, anyways].

And you know me Kurt. Anything TNT-related I am looking for! Ronni is high on my list of guitarists and there are not many voices better than Tony H. And Deisel seems pretty cool [at least I have enjoyed all his side projects].
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:48 pm

So you have Ronni's solo discs, John?

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:06 pm

I have 2 versions of ESS and the one he recorded in a cathedral [forget the name. again, not great stuff].
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:10 am

So you are missing the brand new CD, entitled 'Kingdom of Norway', then. I'll hook you up, bro.

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Cool. I did actually purchase that one last month, but the ebay seller bent me. So I never bothered to pay him and forgot about it after.

What is you opinion on Kingdom of Norway?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:16 pm

It's weird, like Ronni. And, I actually think his solo work is stating to sound a lot like the new TNT.... or should that be the other way around? I take it you already own "Atlantis"?

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:30 pm

kmorg wrote:
I take it you already own "Atlantis"?

That was part of the same ebay crufuffle as above. So I still need both eventually.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:41 pm

I avoided this thread because I thought it was about...something else Shocked ...anyway cool vid sax Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:00 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I take it you already own "Atlantis"?

That was part of the same ebay crufuffle as above. So I still need both eventually.

Consider yourself hooked up!

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:22 pm

If I could vote in Norway's elections, I would pencil you in for KING!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wild Willy's Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Willy's Gang   Wild Willy's Gang Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild Willy's Gang
Page 1 of 1