Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here

Go down 
+10
Fat Freddy
metalken
oldschooldoom
James B.
Troublezone
7thSecond
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
Gilbert
FoJ
14 posters
AuthorMessage
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Empty
PostSubject: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 7:40 pm

Their new album “The Gang’s All Here” released a couple of weeks ago. It smokes! It’s way better than anything since “Slave to the Grind”. The new singer sounds fantastic and really adds life to the band. But the songwriting and guitar tones really harken back to the glory days. They’ve rediscovered what their fans wanted. I’m really enjoying the new album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 11:11 pm

I am waiting for my copy in the mail.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 1:05 pm

It's their best since Slave. Very good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 9:51 pm

The songs I’ve heard from it are really good. Sounds like they got their fire back like the Bach days.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 4:54 pm

I didn't think I was going to be able to listen to Skid Row without Bach. I have ended up really liking this album. Of course I already have a bunch of H.E.A.T albums so I already knew how Erik sounded.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 5:15 pm

At first I wasn’t sure about this (because everything after Bach has been mediocre). But I’m very surprised how good this album is with the new guy! It sounds like classic Skid Row mixed with Fastway. It’s not a perfect album, but it blows away everything they’ve done since Slave to the Grind!

Modern day Sebastian Bach can’t even compete with the new guy (vocally). Skid Row made a good choice choosing him. The only thing that lacks is the old stage presence. Sebastian was definitely a lot better at that.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2022 1:00 pm

Seen them in Sturgis this year headbanger

New guy sounds better live than Bach does nowadays, that is fer sures. He does great job mimicking Bach, but does have the support that Bach had back in the day and doesn't truly hit the actual notes. Still dude has some chops. New tunes seem "fun", but I like the serious side of some of the older Skid Row tunes.

(IMHDO) The band got smart hiring this guy.
(IMHDO) Bach wouldn't help them musically or creatively if he came back.

Hope the best for them

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 12:55 pm

I knew it was going to be great after getting a preview of some songs at their concert in July
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 5:05 pm

Thanks all, for turning me on to this new one as I am really enjoying this release. A very pleasant surprise.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 10:55 pm

Listening to it on YouTube as we speak. New Guy has got the pipes. Not sure if I'll buy the CD but I like what I hear so far.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 11:04 pm

Might have to give this a listen... sounds fairly promising, per all the comments from you lot.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 5:11 pm

Got the new album in the mail today.

Excellent first spin. Left me wanting to hear more headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 5:18 pm

I need to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 5:21 pm

I think Skid Row finally have the right chemistry to move forward. Let’s just hope they don’t take forever between albums like everything after Bach left.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 12:45 am

The lyrics are cringe on a couple of songs, but musically & vocally, they got their sound back. Or a modern version of it at least.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 1:10 am

mc666 wrote:
The lyrics are cringe on a couple of songs, but musically & vocally, they got their sound back. Or a modern version of it at least.

The Time Bomb lyrics with the “tick tick tick tick” part is kinda dumb. But like you said, the music is a return to form.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 7:16 pm

Just in case you need to update your Skid Row score card again, new(ish) vocalist Erik Gronwald has left the band, having chosen to prioritize his family life and health (he's a leukemia survivor with immune system issues) over his musical career.

The band will fulfill the last couple of  dates they have booked this Spring with Lzzy Hale from Halestorm filling in, and they will release a live album recorded with Erik on vox to cap off his "era" of the band.

Sooooo Erik is what, their fourth (!) vocalist who's tried to fill Bach's shoes (Five if you want to count the Halestorm chick, even tho she's a temp)?

Should they even try to find another singer, or should they just swallow their frickin pride and give Bach a call?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 8:00 pm

I think they and so many other legend bands should hang it up
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 10:12 pm

Bach or bust (at this point).

This is ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 10:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just in case you need to update your Skid Row score card again, new(ish) vocalist Erik Gronwald has left the band, having chosen to prioritize his family life and health (he's a leukemia survivor with immune system issues) over his musical career.

The band will fulfill the last couple of  dates they have booked this Spring with Lzzy Hale from Halestorm filling in, and they will release a live album recorded with Erik on vox to cap off his "era" of the band.

Sooooo Erik is what, their fourth (!) vocalist who's tried to fill Bach's shoes (Five if you want to count the Halestorm chick, even tho she's a temp)?

Should they even try to find another singer, or should they just swallow their frickin pride and give Bach a call?

To be fair, Johnny Solinger lasted several years (although he was kinda bland).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 10:32 am

I haven't been interested in this band since Bach left.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 11:33 am

I think they should hang it up.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 2:08 pm

One more album with Bach and then call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here   Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row - The Gang’s All Here
Page 1 of 1