Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list

Go down 
+9
stepcousin
rattpoison
tohostudios
Schbopo
James B.
Addy
thejokeriv
kmorg
manny
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Quote :
That record showed a bunch of misfits that grooved on real rock n' roll, that was a bit different, that had genuine danger

Like the Blasters, Mojo Nixon, The Beat Farmers, Dogs D'amour and 1000 other bands that were not a bunch of drugged up assbites [but whom am I to talk?]

Quote :
As for Tommy Stinson Sax i think it's kinda cool and kinda not that he's in the current bloated circus that is Guns N' Roses. But since the dumb f*ck masses didn't open their wallets for the Replacements and crown them not only the greatest band of the 80's but also the biggest then i can't blame him for earning a bit of money with Axl. The guy could join the Backstreet Boys and it doesn't change the fact he's one of the coolest rock n' rollers ever.

Agree a million percent. Like I said, NO ONE would or should pass up that chance.

Quote :
Even though you hate GNR with a passion Saxon I still like ya

Yeah, we usually have come from different sides of a debate, but the mutual respect has never waivered!

Quote :
*whew*! thanks Sax, I'm just glad I'm not the only one on planet Earth who cant stand nor ever got into Guns-n-Posers. Hated them from day 1.

You're a stepcousin no longer. You are blood!!

And just for the record, although I have only heard the radio stuff from Velvet Revolver, I have always thought Slash was cool and the stand-out from that band. He is a pretty unique player AND charactor/persona. So I have no beef with Slash and admire him for having the cred to quit suckling from the cash teet!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:31 pm

I still like you Saxon even if think Axl is a a girlie man sissy burger.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:29 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
That record showed a bunch of misfits that grooved on real rock n' roll, that was a bit different, that had genuine danger

Like the Blasters, Mojo Nixon, The Beat Farmers, Dogs D'amour and 1000 other bands that were not a bunch of drugged up assbites [but whom am I to talk?]

You know how to get me Saxon when you start naming bands like the Dogs and Blasters....of course they should of been bigger, i rile about this stuff all day. Bands like The Hangmen and the Beasts Of Bourbon should of been bigger than Guns. But don't you think it was pretty cool this band who were made of these different guys from different backgrounds (Maybe that was their appeal, one could relate to at least one of them musically and/or socially) broke big. I'm sure bands like the Dogs and the Hangmen looked at their success and thought maybe with have chance, not because they were similar but because they saw a band doing something different at the time actually have success then the sucksh*t formula rock that plagued that era.

I think your barbs should be reserved for that true bunch of posers Motley Crue who make Axl's tantrums and Howard Hughes like behaviour seem insignificant. Here's a band that actually hurt people and thought acting like an as*hole was rock n' roll. Who never really apologized and have forged a veritable cottage industry off the back of their "Badass™️"behaviour, that passage in the Dirt (yes i have read that pile of crap) boasting about correction officers bringing Vince Neil hookers and beer in his measly 18 day stint in jail is truly pathetic,they come off sounding like the naughty school kid bragging about how they got away with only a slap on the wrist......they will probably never get it. Them calling their boxset "Music To Crash Your Car To" was one of the most tasteless things i've ever heard of, i wonder how the people still living with the injuries from Vince Neil's car accident felt about that or the family of Nicholas 'Razzle' Dingely.

If you want to point your finger at someone who you thought was cool and genuine at the beginning but then showed their real colours then look no further then Motley Crue!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:55 pm

rattpoison wrote:

If you want to point your finger at someone who you thought was cool and genuine at the beginning but then showed their real colours then look no further then Motley Crue!

Yep, have to agree with you on that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Can't disagree with most of that, Ratty. Except, I thought "The Dirt" was fairly interesting, and I will always love "Too Fast For Love". So, MC 2 - GNR 0.

Otherwise you are pretty dead on with your observations. Especially the boxset. I wonder whose idea that really was and if they really thought the backlash would be worth the extra few bucks the publicity got them? Either way, that person needs to go apologize to Razzle's family.

Oh yeah - The Wipers too. Axl should just sign over his royalty checks to Mr. Sage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Quote :
Oh yeah - The Wipers too. Axl should just sign over his royalty checks to Mr. Sage.

A true favorite of mine.

Dave Grohl needs to send Greg some money, that's for damn sure.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:17 pm

[quote="Addy"]
Quote :
With all due respect, I'd rather travel to the deepest, darkest wilds of Africa on a quest in search of an enchanted tribal shaman who could magically cause me lose the ability to read

Have fun dont forget to bring a canteen Smile

Thats alright cuz I hate Iron Maiden and Judas Priest as much as most hate GNR

Really? Shocked
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:41 pm

I am glad you share my outrage over the boxset Saxon......Nikki Sixx doesn't care, all he's worried about is keeping the Badass™️ image and Motley merch train rolling. But i guess you wouldn't expect much from someone who's idol is the original king of crass Gene Simmons.

No one's budging in relation to Guns N' Roses so how about we name the "10 Bands from 1987 or thereabouts that should of broke big instead of Guns N' Roses", mine.....

Redd Kross
The Gun Club
Replacements
Dramarama
The Hangmen
Beasts Of Bourbon
Lime Spiders
Dogs D'Amour
Thee Hypnotics
Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction

Last edited by rattpoison on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Quote :
how about we name the "10 Bands from 1987 or thereabouts that should of broke big instead of Guns N' Roses"

2 off the top of my head...

1. Rough Cutt
2. Shark Island
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:41 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
how about we name the "10 Bands from 1987 or thereabouts that should of broke big instead of Guns N' Roses"

2 off the top of my head...

1. Rough Cutt
2. Shark Island

both bands had good qualities

I'll add the following

The Zeros
Knight Riot
Cherry Street
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:48 am

rattpoison wrote:

Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction

I used to have the debut on vinyl, I have fond memories of it.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:10 am

rattpoison wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

You know how to get me Saxon when you start naming bands like the Dogs and Blasters....of course they should of been bigger, i rile about this stuff all day. Bands like The Hangmen and the Beasts Of Bourbon should of been bigger than Guns. But don't you think it was pretty cool this band who were made of these different guys from different backgrounds (Maybe that was their appeal, one could relate to at least one of them musically and/or socially) broke big. I'm sure bands like the Dogs and the Hangmen looked at their success and thought maybe with have chance, not because they were similar but because they saw a band doing something different at the time actually have success then the sucksh*t formula rock that plagued that era.

I think your barbs should be reserved for that true bunch of posers Motley Crue who make Axl's tantrums and Howard Hughes like behaviour seem insignificant. Here's a band that actually hurt people and thought acting like an as*hole was rock n' roll. Who never really apologized and have forged a veritable cottage industry off the back of their "Badass™️"behaviour, that passage in the Dirt (yes i have read that pile of crap) boasting about correction officers bringing Vince Neil hookers and beer in his measly 18 day stint in jail is truly pathetic,they come off sounding like the naughty school kid bragging about how they got away with only a slap on the wrist......they will probably never get it. Them calling their boxset "Music To Crash Your Car To" was one of the most tasteless things i've ever heard of, i wonder how the people still living with the injuries from Vince Neil's car accident felt about that or the family of Nicholas 'Razzle' Dingely.

I don't think anyone in the history of Rock & Roll has ever had more tantrums on and off stage like that of Axl Rose. People call Elton John a "Diva", look no further than that of Axl. He could never get his band on stage on time. I had to experience that in 1988 at the Coronado Theater after watching great sets from Zodiac Mindwarp and U.D.O. He always threatened to either pull his band off the stage (like at my show)/or did pull the band off the stage. He was responsible for two riots. The one in St. Louis, which he actually incited, and the one in Montreal, which could've/should've been averted. The guy also has a penchant for domestic abuse (multiple times).

I'm certainly not going to defend Motley Crue or Vince Neil and his actions involving the manslaugher conviction. That being said, Vince has stated that he got away with murder. I think he realizes what a horrible decision it was to get behind the wheel that night. I doubt that his actions, and how he affected those involved will ever leave him. I have an uncle that killed his best friend in high school (1976), because they were both drunk and he was driving that night. I've only recently heard about the events surrounding that night, because his older brother talked about it with some immediate family members. Let's just say, that was the first time I ever saw him cry in my life.

In some ways Vince has never had to pay for that crime, unless you count the fact that his daughter Skylar died from a long battle with cancer at the tender age of four in 1995. Many will say that "Karma" came and bit Vince Neil big time on the ass. I certainly don't think that the parties involved on that fateful night in 1984 would hope for ill will to come to Vince's daughter, but rest assured that Vince now knows the sanctity of human life. They say the most painful thing in life for a parent is to bury one's child. The Dingley's had to do this, and so has Vince Neil.

So, maybe Axl Rose hasn't killed anyone, but he's done everything else but that. Given a few more years, I'm sure Axl will manage to do this. The guy is a total ass clown.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:12 am

You make some good points.

I don't really have a problem with the accident or Vince Neil, unfortunately these things happen. What i have a problem with is Nikki Sixx and Motley Crue's continual spin and exploitation of such past events in their history. All this coming to a head with the books and the box set named "Music To Crash Your Car To". Nikki's concerned about the image and the bottom line, he's never really come out and said you know what we did was wrong (not just the accident), the way they hurt people, the way they walked over people. I really hope the Dirt was 90% lies....but something tells me it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:47 am

Quote :
And just for the record, although I have only heard the radio stuff from Velvet Revolver, I have always thought Slash was cool and the stand-out from that band. He is a pretty unique player AND charactor/persona. So I have no beef with Slash and admire him for having the cred to quit suckling from the cash teet!

Saxon how do you feel about Duff? He's got a side band called Loaded that just released a CD, During the Hey Day of GNR Ive always dug Duff I think he's awesome in his own right. Slash is a awesome guitarist he makes it look effortless His autobiography was pretty good too. Gave me a whole new appreciation for the guy. I bet Slash's solo album is gonna rule

Quote :
Quote:

A true favorite of mine.

Dave Grohl needs to send Greg some money, that's for damn sure.

Don't ya mean Nirvana? I dont have any recollection of The Foo Fighters doing any Covers by Greg Sage and the Wipers? Unless I missed on something as I have the entire Foo Fighters catalog. I know Nirvana's done 2. Which I LOVED!! I have a Tribute album to Greg Sage and the Wipers I think it's called "14 Songs For Greg Sage & The Wipers" took some doing years ago to find it. Theres another one called 7 Songs which I think has D7 by Nirvana on it. Id like to hear more from Greg Sage and the Wipers I think that would be pretty sweet.

Quote :
[quote="Addy"]Quote:
With all due respect, I'd rather travel to the deepest, darkest wilds of Africa on a quest in search of an enchanted tribal shaman who could magically cause me lose the ability to read

Have fun dont forget to bring a canteen

Thats alright cuz I hate Iron Maiden and Judas Priest as much as most hate GNR

Really?

Yup, Check out the Bands I Hate thread I go into it a bit on why but the short version is I feel they are way overhyped and if they dont sound anything special to me normally the hype further turns me off to a band or artist. Sometimes ill find a song I like by an artist I dont like and the status will change, good example is Stone Temple Pilots, when they first came out I Hated them big time. Thought Plush sucked ass. Then I heard their 2nd album and was like eh... but it wasnt till their 3rd album that I was a hardcore hooked fan, Thats just me I suppose
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:20 am

[quote="spectrefate"]
Quote :

I tend to disagree that GNR were "fresh air", but for the sake of argument let's say they were. That doesn't change the fact that Axl is an overrated media darling who withholds his "art" from fans to build up anticipation that he hopes overshadows the mediocrity of said art.

well said. agree completely.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:46 am

[quote="rattpoison"]
SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
IIf you want to point your finger at someone who you thought was cool and genuine at the beginning but then showed their real colours then look no further then Motley Crue!
What do you mean by that? If you are referring to their first album, not many people heard it before Shout and most had to go back and get the album after Electra remastered it and re-released it. Their record deal came from their shows and the bands ability to draw large crowds without a major label behind them and not off of their first release.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:21 pm

rattpoison wrote:

I don't really have a problem with the accident or Vince Neil, unfortunately these things happen. What i have a problem with is Nikki Sixx and Motley Crue's continual spin and exploitation of such past events in their history. All this coming to a head with the books and the box set named "Music To Crash Your Car To". Nikki's concerned about the image and the bottom line, he's never really come out and said you know what we did was wrong (not just the accident), the way they hurt people, the way they walked over people. I really hope the Dirt was 90% lies....but something tells me it wasn't.

I haven't read The Dirt, and probably will never do so either. But I think I've read that Vince Neil memories of Razzle is how much he is missing his English accent!!!!!! English? The man was from Finland, MORON! That's the extent of respect he gives the man he so recklessly killed!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 pm

rattpoison wrote:

For myself, "The Dirt" was a real page turner. I had heard Vince Neil pushing the book on Jim Rome's radio show of all places one day. I haven't been a big Motley Crue fan for years, but I tend to enjoy autobiographies that don't hold back, and that was the case with this book. I can't say that I subscribe to the lifestyle that they lived, but yet I was still fascinated with it. Why? Because it's so very different to the way I've conducted/lived my life. That being said, the book was engaging, and in some instances it made me want to turn back the clock (to the 80's and the Sunset Strip) and live vicariously through the members of this band. I guess that is what we call the power of books. I also feel that if all bands were willing to tell their stories, then you might find a lot of those who lived that same "Hedonistic" lifestyle.

In terms of the direction/image of the band, I think that Nikki has done a pretty lousy job at it. There are many on here who haven't cared about the music that they've released post "Shout At The Devil". Myself being one of those. I concur with your statement regarding Vince Neil and the accident, and Nikki's lack of sensitivity regarding the matter. Since Nikki's skills as a composer have been languishing in mediocrity, I guess he feels the only way to promote his band is by drudging up past indiscretions, and using those as a marketing tool.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:32 pm

kmorg wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

I haven't read The Dirt, and probably will never do so either. But I think I've read that Vince Neil memories of Razzle is how much he is missing his English accent!!!!!! English? The man was from Finland, MORON! That's the extent of respect he gives the man he so recklessly killed!
Razzle knew exactly what he was doing when he got in the car with a drunk man. Things happen when you do stupid stuff. You never hear anyone talk about the people Vince's Pantera hit. The problem is that the state of California allowed Vince to pay his way out of it. That is messed up.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:42 pm

[quote="journeyman"]
rattpoison wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
IIf you want to point your finger at someone who you thought was cool and genuine at the beginning but then showed their real colours then look no further then Motley Crue!
What do you mean by that? If you are referring to their first album, not many people heard it before Shout and most had to go back and get the album after Electra remastered it and re-released it. Their record deal came from their shows and the bands ability to draw large crowds without a major label behind them and not off of their first release.

I don't mean musically or selling out, i mean all the sh*t that's gone on, the books and the boxset named "Music To Crash Your Car To".

kmorg wrote:
I haven't read The Dirt, and probably will never
do so either. But I think I've read that Vince Neil memories of Razzle
is how much he is missing his English accent!!!!!! English? The man was
from Finland, MORON! That's the extent of respect he gives the man he
so recklessly killed!

Razzle was English, they recruited him when they moved to the UK sometime in the early 80's. He replaced their Swedish drummer Gyp Casino.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:52 pm

Quote :
Saxon how do you feel about Duff?

Have not heard his solo album. Actually, if I remember right, he had 2, cuz you were looking for the other one awhile ago.

Ya know, I should really quit saying I don't like GNR. I detest Axl, and their music bores the snot outta me. If I hear Sweet Child Of Mine one more time, out come the battleaxes! That's all. The rest of the band I don't know anything about, so it is not fair of me to judge anything about them. Axl is just a spoiled little cry baby with a horrid voice.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:48 pm

Saxon- Yup I remember that

THis one just came out under the band name "Loaded"
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2