Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list

Go down 
+9
Thrasher73
powermacho
Troublezone
mc666
Metal Misfit
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
13 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Empty
PostSubject: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 pm

The day is drawing nearer. For those who weren't around, I swore off CDs last Dec 9/10. That was the last day I allowed myself to buy cds. (I lifted the ban on my birthday and on vacation - so I've purchased 5 cds so far) I then set out to make a master list for the following Dec 10th. I'm taking a personal holiday that day and I'm going to buy all the cds on my researched and heavily thought upon "Must Buy" list.

Here's what I've got on my "must buy" list for sure so far, in no particular order (and assuming their dates hold true)

Impellitteri - Wicked Maiden

Elvenking - Two Tragedy Poets
(left over from late 08)

Dark Moor - Autumal

Hammerfall - No Sacrifice, No Victory

Mortificaiton - Evil Addiction Destroying Machine

Fairyland - Score To a New Beginning

Hibria - The Skull Collectors

Powerwolf - Bible Of The Beast

Stryper - Murder By Pride

Ultimatum - Lex Metalis

Cage - Science Of Annihilation

The six so far;

(Fires Of Babylon, Wolf - Ravenous, Axel Rudi Pell - Nasty Reputation, Crescent Shield, Outbreak of Metal Vol 1, Therion - Serius/Lemuria)

My Quota was 24. I've purchased 6, that's 11 more, so I'm down to 7 spots.

A lot will depend on what else comes out between now and then.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Heaven & Hell - The devil you know

Maybe the new KISS

Iron MAiden 0 FLight 666 soundtrack
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Good to see your sticking to your CD diet. I never could.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:16 pm

No Hirax el rostro de la muerte??.....sometimes you disapoint me scott... Razz
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:22 pm

So you only buy CDs a few days out of the year? Is this just for financial reasons or room space or addiction?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:03 am

i know Suffocation's Blood Oath is on your to buy list as well. you and your love of brutal death metal.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17080

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 am

Any new Pink Cream 69 for you to buy? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:44 am

Call me insensitive ScottM, and I know it's all a personal taste thing, but I don't see how any of the CDs you listed would be "Musy Buy's" for anyone... Razz
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:58 am

Quote :
So you only buy CDs a few days out of the year? Is this just for financial reasons or room space or addiction?

Yes! (all of the above)

Sadly, no Pink Cream 69 this year!

All of you are funny guys....funny guys!! lol!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm

I still need the new albums from
sinner
primal fear
Hirax
testament
kreator
heathen
Helstar
Believer
seventh avenue
Cage
Hammerfall

But before them, I want to get some BLOODGOOD, if anyone can help with the cause will be great
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:41 pm

Dont forget the new Megadeth
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37676

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:04 pm

I admire your resolve Scotty (though its obsessive-compulsive nature kinda frightens me at the same time)... when you do finally let yourself go nuts and buy all them CDs it's bound to be a very satisfying day!!

As for me... sheeznit, I'm so far behind on CD buying that it's not even funny. The last new release I got was the Heaven & Hell disc several months back. A far cry from the days when I'd pick up 2 or 3 new releases per month. Pretty much everything I've obtained this year has either been in the form of trades for back-catalog stuff or free promos (of which few, if any, have been keepers). Frickin' economic crisis!!

I'm hoping to have the scratch for the new KISS and/or Megadeth CDs when they come out ... if not, I'll ask Santa to bring'em to me for Christmas.

2009 has not been a good year for my CD habit. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
True when is that album going to be out?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37676

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:36 pm

powermacho wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
True when is that album going to be out?

Middle of September, I believe.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:54 pm

September 15
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:42 pm

NICE, I'll keep an eye on that one
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:14 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Ultimatum - Lex Metalis

Yay! happy

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

The six so far;

(Fires Of Babylon, Wolf - Ravenous, Axel Rudi Pell - Nasty Reputation, Crescent Shield, Outbreak of Metal Vol 1, Therion - Serius/Lemuria)

My Quota was 24. I've purchased 6, that's 11 more, so I'm down to 7 spots.

A lot will depend on what else comes out between now and then.

Wow! I admire your self-control. Way to stick to your guns. I need to cut back as well now that I'm unemployed and living on my retainer. This month I'm buying the new Megadeth and the new Ace Frehley. Next month, the new KISS and the new Immortal. That's it... I hope. Wink

Btw, Wolf - Ravenous is one of my top 5 favorites so far this year, great cd. How do you like it?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:12 pm

by the by for everybody that cares, I checked amazon today and el rostro de la muerte is scheduled for oct. 9 release.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:32 am

Quote :
Btw, Wolf - Ravenous is one of my top 5 favorites so far this year, great cd. How do you like it?

I like it a lot. Very unique sound.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:56 am

You should add the new UDO to your list. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:38 am

Yea and also you must get

Outbreak of Metal Vol. II
Snake Eyes - Beware of the Snake
Headbanger - Ready to Strike

I'll tell you what, I'll do you a good deal, how about any two for the price of three ?? I'm practically given them away at that price.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:42 am

Ah Locky, you tempt me sore. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list   My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My "Must Buy" December buying spree master list
Page 1 of 1