Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy metal forbidden in some countries

Go down 
+10
Lurideath
skullsmasher
manny
GrandNational
Stender
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
krokus
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Empty
PostSubject: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:36 am

I come from one of those hypocrit countries where metal is banned for being so called "satanic" lol! This situation makes it so hard for us, headbangers and metal collectors, to get our cds. Personally, i must await for my trips to Europe to fill my collection. I truly hate it. A cd comes out in Januaray and you have to wait till summer to lay your hands on it. That is if you get a visa, and if the local authorities allow you to introduce it in the territory upon your return...But the metal flag still flies high here. Nothing can stop us. We always manage by any means possible. :glee:
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:51 am

That sucks, brother! What country do you live in? Back in the day my bro and I had a few metal pen pals in countries behind the Iron Curtain (Bulgaria, Poland, Hungary, East Germany, etc.) and they all had stories similar to yours about how hard it was to get albums, how concerts were non-existent, etc., etc. Thankfully things seem to have finally lightened up in that part of the world.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:09 am

I'm from Lebanon. Best place to be if you're into electronic music or pop, not metal...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:32 am

Ohhh, just yesterday a friend of mine told me about a band from LEBANON, THRASH STORM.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=422689066
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:34 am

Quote :

Wait til Manowar hears about this. They are gonna be PISSED!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Wait til Manowar hears about this. They are gonna be PISSED!!!

I can see the headlines now:

"Lebanon attacked by long-haired, middle-aged men wearing furr boots and loin cloths...film at 11."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:27 pm

That sucks for you, Gilbert. I myself have been lobbying congress to outlaw emo/pop/rap/country music here, but to no avail. Heavy metal forbidden in some countries 337331

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:52 pm

There are some excellent bands in the region. Oath to vanquish is a well known death/grindcore lebanese band. Playing lots of gigs in Europe. You might also want to check a band from Syria called The hourglass. These guys are very very talented.

Thanks for the support fellow headbangers Heavy metal forbidden in some countries 438278
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:50 pm

That sucks Gilbert.
Is it possible for you to order CDs online?
Anyway, i suppose living under such a regime makes the unity between you Lebanese metal fans very strong?
Here in Western Europe we take all these things for granted, but I have enormous respect for bands and fans living in countries like yours!
Rock on Gilbert 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Olafsto wrote:
That sucks Gilbert.
Is it possible for you to order CDs online?
Anyway, i suppose living under such a regime makes the unity between you Lebanese metal fans very strong?
Here in Western Europe we take all these things for granted, but I have enormous respect for bands and fans living in countries like yours!
Rock on Gilbert 🤘

Great words and i agree 🤘
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Not sure if you know about metalarchives.com or not Gilbert. You can search bands by country on there and come up with loads of results...although this still dosnt help you actually get new metal in your possession but you can learn about some shite coming out of your region alot easier.

Good luck fellow metaller! 🤘
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I'm from Lebanon. Best place to be if you're into electronic music or pop, not metal...

Lebanon, huh? My folks were going to live there in the 70's, then the wars started, so they decided against it. My mom's told me what a great place Lebanon was until religious fundamentalists went bonkers. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Reading this thread reminds me how often I take my freedom for granted.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:52 pm

manny wrote:
Reading this thread reminds me how often I take my freedom for granted.

Very True.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:07 pm

I talk to a guy in a metal band in Iran a bit. The band is called Arsames. He told me about the same situation and its pretty wild. But it hasn't stopped them and they are a killer band!!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:18 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I talk to a guy in a metal band in Iran a bit. The band is called Arsames. He told me about the same situation and its pretty wild. But it hasn't stopped them and they are a killer band!!!

Lurideath, I remember coming across this band a few years ago: http://www.myspace.com/arsamesmetal

More than anything, I think these Middle/Near Eastern bands reflect a truer essence of what it means to really play metal because of the persecution and hate they get. Look at how far a band like Melechesh has come due to the ignorance and stupidity of fundamentalist ideologies.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Those bastards!!! angry

Let's all buy a jet and go kick Lebanon's ass!

Last edited by Schbopo on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:11 pm

I am sorry to hear that, Gilbert, my metal brother. Believe me when I type this that I will never again take the ability to purchase and listen to Metal freely for granted ever again!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Those bastards!!! angry

Let's all buy a jet and go lick Lebanon's ass!

When you start to sound exactly like the fundamentalists, then it's really scary. insane
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Laughing very hard I said "lick", didn't I?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Freedom is forbidden in some counties.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:27 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Laughing very hard I said "lick", didn't I?

If you're into that kind of kinky stuff lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:43 am

Guys, always cherish the freedom you have. You might not know how valuable it is. When picking up a new release, please remember that, somewhere on this planet, a fellow metal brother is using all kinds of detours and paying unbelievable prices to get that very same release.

Thanks for the support
listening to music
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:07 am

Metal-Archives.com>Bands By Country>Lebanon>PROFIT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal forbidden in some countries   Heavy metal forbidden in some countries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1