Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 metal countries?

Go down 
+19
Gilbert
TheGooch
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
krokus
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
TH Joe
Smindas
AchrisK
kmorg
mc666
romeolimagolf
Lurideath
sovdat
Required Fields
KissinMaiden
Wargod
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Top 5 metal countries? Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 4:31 pm

In your opinion who would you say are the top 5 metal countries?

For me it would be these 5 in no order!

Sweden
Germany
Brazil
Norway
Australia, yes they have a ton of them out now!

Wargod48

NP: Vision Scope - The Peter Pan Principle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 4:40 pm

For me it would be

Germany
Sweden
UK
Finland
USA
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 4:59 pm

USA
Germany
Norway
Sweden
Brazil
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 5:16 pm

USA
England
Germany
Canada

Not sure what would occupy the fifth position...Brazil, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 5:30 pm

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 5:34 pm

USA back in the day

Germany

UK

Denmark

Canada
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 6:50 pm

Germany
USA
Poland
UK
Brazil
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 7:50 pm

Germany
Finland
Sweden
USA
Greece
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:20 pm

for me, i'd say...
Germany
Sweden
USA
UK
Norway

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:22 pm

Sweden *
Finland *
Brazil
Germany
USA

* Probably the two biggest right now.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 11:37 am

USA used to be the best, but now they are almost just a footnote. Still like bands such as Nevermore and Iced Earth, and some of the obscure bands like Attacker. There also seems to be a big thrash wave hitting hard in the US again soon. Then they might return as a vital metal nation again, if that happens.

Today I think Norway is on it's way to something. Unfortuneatly we don't have enough people here to really have a big scene. There is room for way more classic metal and power metal. We are huge on Black metal and gothic death/doom though.

Sweden had both the return of the classic metal, like Hammerfall, Steel Attack, Nostradameus etc, and they had the Gothenburg scene with In Flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquility etc. But nowadays? Nothing new really, just the same band releasing new stuff.

Finland sort of followed in Sweden's trails, and specializing in two genres: Folk metal, with Korpiiklani and Finntrolll etc. And the all the followers of Stratovarius and Nightwish. Again, not much new stuff seems to be happening.

Germany has always been a mighty metal nation, and they probably always will be.

England seems to be in a rut, with only DragonForce and Cradle of Filth making some headway, and even they are giving the scene a bad rep, imo.

Denmark is actually presenting some good stuff in Pyramaze and Mercenary, and the older stuff, like Pretty Miads, stil going strong.

Brazil seemed to be going somewhere, especially in the Christian metal scene. But it sort of fell apart there also.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 11:14 pm

Germany
USA
Poland
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 10:44 am

kmorg wrote:
England seems to be in a rut, with only DragonForce and Cradle of Filth making some headway, and even they are giving the scene a bad rep, imo.
I'd say that the UK have more than just those two. I mean several classic bands are still going strong - for instance Maiden, Priest and Saxon. Dragonforce I think are doing good things for metal here, just bringing the whole fun element back into the scene and helping to rid metal of it's "devil music" image whilst CoF are just a joke - I'd like to think they're intentionally hilarious, but sometimes I doubt that.

Anyway, my countries in no order would be
Germany
Finland
UK
USA
Brazil

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 11:01 am

AchrisK wrote:
Germany
USA
Poland

oops, I forgot to add Canada.

Germany
USA
Poland
Canada

ack
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:28 am

Germany
Sweden
Brazil
Norway
UK (Maiden, Priest, Motorhead. All still goin' strong!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:26 pm

What the hell..... am I missing something here ?

why is everyone saying Brazil ?

Why ?????
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:36 pm

Germany
USA
Brazil
Japan
Canada

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 1:33 pm

Germany
USA
UK
Sweden
Canada
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 1:58 pm

Locky wrote:
What the hell..... am I missing something here ?

why is everyone saying Brazil ?

Why ?????

Those brazilian stadiums fill up with a shitload of people Top 5 metal countries? 927150
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 2:05 pm

Quote :
Today I think Norway is on it's way to something. Unfortuneatly we don't have enough people here to really have a big scene. There is room for way more classic metal and power metal. We are huge on Black metal and gothic death/doom though.

This reminds me that I was looking up Norway on the web for travel purposes a few weeks ago and on Norway's main travel-sightseeing website one of the highlighted things was a Black Metal festival!! How absolutely cool is it that one of a country's official Tourist attractions/highlights is Heavy Metal (Black Metal, no less)?! Coupling the fact that Norway is geographically beautiful, super-rich (second wealthiest, per-capita, in the World) and surrounded and etched with so much water and then adding the Metal Scene they have.....I need to think about moving there! ALAS, my wife is from the the Caribean and can't stand weather below about 70 degrees F/ 20-21 degrees C.!!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 3:03 pm

HOLLAND
SPAIN
ENGLAND
USA
JAPAN
Specialy in the 80s they had many increible bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:31 am

United Steel of A/ canada
germany
hungary
(and some olde bands from italy)

my favorite band, though, is from sweden(heavy load and i consider yngwie american, i guess he feels the same)
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:51 pm

not in any order:
United States
Brazil
Germany
Netherlands
Japan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:22 pm

I can tell you 3!

-USA
-UK
-Canada
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:13 pm

Another to add to the list-ITALY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 metal countries?   Top 5 metal countries? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 metal countries?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next