Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica Guitar Hero

Go down 
+14
spiritoradio
metalhead777
the sentinel
exact33
EvyMetal
XYZ
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
Addy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Metallica Guitar Hero Empty
PostSubject: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:17 pm

From their myspace

METALLICA . . . GUITAR HERO . . . IT’S OFFICIAL!

Yes, we know, it's the worst kept secret in rock-n-roll but we're here now to finally confirm that there will indeed be an all-Metallica Guitar Hero game released in the first half (!?) of 2009. Guitar Hero Metallica allows you to play as us in either single instrument or band career game modes in your choice of some famous settings (Tushino Airfield anyone?) or new venues with in the round staging. Included are 28 Metallica songs along with a few from some of our buddies like as Alice in Chains, the Foo Fighters, Slayer, Machine Head and Queen. There is also an all new Expert+ difficulty setting featuring two bass drum kick pedals (!!!) along with all the gameplay modes from Guitar Hero World Tour.

Over the next few months, we're going to be updating you with track listings, more features, of course how and when you can get the game, and some cool previews of the game right there on www.metallica.com. As you've heard us say before, keep checking back for more details!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:20 pm

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:20 pm

I dont like Guitar Hero at all. Rock Band is where its at.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Ive never played Rock Band but ive tried guitar hero out and i dig it and Im Anally picky when it comes to games
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Ive had mix feelings about this since I own ROCK BAND and I got sick of it really quick but now that I hear this I think I just might pick it up.

METALLICAMetallica Guitar Hero Mag-glass_10x10 has confirmed that King Diamond (MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND) will appear as a playable character in the "Guitar Hero: Metallica" game, due in stores this spring.

Fans, stagehands and groupies alike will have the opportunity to shred and drum with or wail as the digital King Diamond during performances of "Evil". The song, which originally was recorded in 1983 and is one of the MERCYFUL FATE songs that comprise METALLICA's "Mercyful Fate" medley, was re-recorded by four of the five original band members for Guitar Hero: Metallica. The recording session was overseen by guitarist Hank Shermann in the band's native Denmark; after which King Diamond laid down his vocals in Dallas, Texas, and mixed the song with J.T. Longoria.

Commented King: "It's been absolutely amazing to be a part of this Guitar Hero experience. It was quite a trip to re-record the [MERCYFUL FATE] song 'Evil' almost 25 years after the original recording took place. The end result with four out of the five original musicians turned out so much better than I would ever have hoped for. Seeing my animated character take form was totally eerie in a very good way. It's so strange to see yourself animated in such perfect detail — cross bone microphone, Eye necklace and all. This game looks and sounds METAL all the way. HORNS UP!!!"

Also appearing as a playable character in the "Guitar Hero: Metallica" game is MOTÖRHEAD frontman Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister.

Gamers will have the option to either watch Lemmy's in-game likeness as he hammers away at his bass and sings in his signature, whiskey-drenched vocals, or they can step into his cowboy boots and learn to play MOTÖRHEAD's 2008 re-recorded version of the band's biggest hit, the anthemic "Ace of Spades".

"It's great to be in 'Guitar Hero' with all these famous people and I'm really pleased to be in it with METALLICA," Lemmy said, "but [frontman] James [Hetfield] is still taller than me."

METALLICA and MOTÖRHEAD have long enjoyed a mutual admiration of one another's work, as METALLICA once played seven MOTÖRHEAD covers under the moniker THE LEMMYS.

Metallica Guitar Hero 3303094395_0c4eff2e3b_o

Metallica Guitar Hero 3303923340_81cb85f544_o

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Song selection is pretty good...
Lemmy...
King Diamond...

Yeah, I'll probably get it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:53 pm

I'll get it, but only once the price drops. Very Happy

I picked up GH Aerosmith brand new for $2 and some change Sunday. I had a credit at Gamestop and it's only $20 there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 pm

That CGI King Diamond character rules! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Wow, what a collaboration. Maybe my two biggest escapisms in life collaborating in a commercial together, Metallica, and no...not guys in underwear, but NCAA basketball. I thought I would beat someone to the punch before I got the flag rising in response to this.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Guitar-Hero-puts-Bob-Knight-and-friends-in-their?urn=ncaab,151224
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:14 pm

I saw the "making of" feature on ESPN yesterday before I saw the ad. Those guys had a blast making that ad.

I think Coach K is the funniest. He's so staid and conservative that it's just hilarious seeing him playing air guitar in his boxers.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I saw the "making of" feature on ESPN yesterday before I saw the ad. Those guys had a blast making that ad.

I think Coach K is the funniest. He's so staid and conservative that it's just hilarious seeing him playing air guitar in his boxers.

I think it's funny how Bobby Knight doesn't mind parodying what happened in a game against Purdue University some 24 years ago. I moved to Indiana from Wisconsin in 1979, when I was 8 years old. I quickly found out that basketball was king in the state, and how nearly everybody was an Indiana Hoosiers fan. The idol worshiping of Bobby Knight was a little to ridiculous for me to grasp onto back in the day, so outside of being a fan of everything from Wisconsin still, I latched onto Purdue University as a school to root for.

I still remember the chair throwing incident like it was yesterday...

I don't have the bad feelings I had for coach Knight like I did way back in the day. I still disagree with many of his tactics back then, but he's softened up in his old age. He definitely seems to be more of a people's person now.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Funny commercial, though I won't dare call Knight "pops." lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:14 pm

"Put some pants on Pops!"

lol!

XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Metallica even made it on the afternoon sports shows on ESPN. Jim Rome made some funny remarks on how he doubts Roy Williams unwinds to Creeping Death at night, or that Bob Knight plays Seek & Destroy on his way to work. lol!

But while I was watching PTI, I was shocked to find out that Wilbon didn't know who Metallica was. "Heavy metal's not my thing," he said. Hello! They were the biggest band of the 90's. Hell of a lot better than Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West or whatever else he claims to listen to.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:42 am

Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:08 pm

Me think not?

That's freakin' retarded.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:

i agree! Lets just hope he and Roy williams dont re-enact it at the next Carolina-Duke game!!

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:07 pm

I just seen a commercial where Metallica tie the coaches up and blow the house up with them in it.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:05 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I just seen a commercial where Metallica tie the coaches up and blow the house up with them in it.

"You think we're gonna let them dance around in their underwear for our commercial?" 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:28 pm

I saw the commercial the other night and thought it was funny. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:10 pm

I broke down and bought it. Great stuff. I can understand Megadeth not getting a song, but I'm surprised to see Anthrax not here. Raven or Anvil would've been really cool too. headbanger
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:11 pm

Hmmm, viewing the setlist, I kinda want this now. Very Happy

There are some good songs on there.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:04 pm

i play all songs on hard on GH3 and WT now my friend chalenged me to fight fire with fire on hard.....piece of cake

P.S.:METALLICA SUCKS....what? they sold-out!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:50 pm

I got this today too. toys r us had a buy 1 get 1 half off deal so i bought tthis and wwe legends. i didnt get to play it til 10 tonight so im half awake. its pretty cool. i just wish i could get used to the damn buttons and also wish my rock band guitar wouldvve worked but oh well. the mercyful fate song is great. it was hard to get used to hearing the new verion but its growing on me. i like it, also the remake of ace of spades is cool.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I got this today too. toys r us had a buy 1 get 1 half off deal so i bought tthis and wwe legends. i didnt get to play it til 10 tonight so im half awake. its pretty cool. i just wish i could get used to the damn buttons and also wish my rock band guitar wouldvve worked but oh well. the mercyful fate song is great. it was hard to get used to hearing the new verion but its growing on me. i like it, also the remake of ace of spades is cool.

Your Rock Band guitar should work just fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Guitar Hero   Metallica Guitar Hero Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica Guitar Hero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next