Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep

Go down 
+9
kmorg
Thrasher73
metalheaded
Leatherface
krokus
nevermore
DallasBlack
mc666
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Empty
PostSubject: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 am

Anyone have this? Thoughts?

I thought that Evil Never Dies was ok, but I rarely listen to it because it's more on the death metal side of things than the thrash metal side.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:54 am

Who is in this band these days? I heard a couple tracks from Evil Never Dies and thought they were godawful. A shame, because back in the day I was a huge Hallows Eve fan.

*edit - Okay, checked out the myspace page, looks like it's the original vocalist and bass player, everybody else is new. Stacy Anderson is now calling himself "St. Anderson". Listened to the new clips...that song "The Sun Must Die" sounds pretty good.

Last edited by detuned on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:01 am

Quote :
Co-founders Tommy Stewart (bass) and ST Andersen (lead vocals) are now back together after splitting in 1989. They have now joined ranks with ex-RIGOR MORTIS vocalist/ guitarist Doyle Bright along with prominent Atlanta veterans Jim Gorman on drums (Lastregus Nosferatu, Distemper, Ilk), and Guitarist Chris Abbamonte (Distemper, Ilk). Stewart has returned to the roots of the group after several versions of the band re-surfaced in the '90s and then releasing '05's EVIL NEVER DIES with another version of the band.

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:04 am

Ah...Hallows Eve and Rigor Mortis, interesting. I might have to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:35 am

Evil Never Dies was horrible. I won't even be checking this one out.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:16 pm

i liked Evil Never Dies quite a bit. haven't gotten this one yet though.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:33 pm

mc666 wrote:

I didn't think it was bad either. It was just a different direction. I anxious to hear this latest release.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:33 pm

I only know Tales Of Terror (I had a tape about 13 years ago). I liked it but since it was not readily available in stores I forgot about them. They are on my neverending want list.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Haven't heard this or their last album. Been meaning to pick them both up.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:38 am

mc666 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:30 pm

I've heard some of thier new stuff on thier Myspace page. I liked what I heard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:51 am

Ok, I received the new CD in the mail yesterday. Spun it once in the car. The music definitely returns the band to a more "classic" sound. The production also returns to their classic sound. The recording is a bit muddy and the guitars tone has that static sound in it that makes you wonder if your speakers are blown. Still, despite the dodgy production, I'm enjoying this disc. You will most certainly hear some similarities to "Tales of Terror" and "Death & Insanity".

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:23 am

Cool! I didn't realize they had a new one out. I have their box set, but not END, which I knew was out. May have to check out the new one sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:49 am

I'll be getting this.The songs sound good to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:37 am

ultmetal wrote:
The recording is a bit muddy and the guitars tone has that static sound in it that makes you wonder if your speakers are blown.

Which means they brickwalled the mix causing distortion (ala Death Magnetic)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:16 pm

I think these guys are playing the same day as Hirax in Oslo. So I might just get to check them out then!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 pm

kmorg wrote:
I think these guys are playing the same day as Hirax in Oslo. So I might just get to check them out then!

Cool! I would love to see them and Hirax on the same day. Gonna wear an Ultimatum shirt? Very Happy

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Have you seen Hirax before, Kurt? If not, you HAVE TO GO! They are GREAT live!

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Evil Never Dies was horrible. I won't even be checking this one out.

I lied. I checked out samples on CDBaby. I'll just say that I admire the fact they are trying to make it work. More power to 'em but I'll just keep my 80's albums, thank you.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Cool! I would love to see them and Hirax on the same day. Gonna wear an Ultimatum shirt? Very Happy

Yup, you better believe it!

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Have you seen Hirax before, Kurt? If not, you HAVE TO GO! They are GREAT live!

I think this is the first time they play norway, so it's gonna be my first too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:24 pm

kmorg wrote:

Um...sorry to bust your bubble Kurt, but it looks like the Norway gig is a no-go.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112526

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:08 pm

Yeah, I like it ok, but Im more concerned with picking up TALES OF TERROR again, before this one.

Personally, I also like Evil Never Dies a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Um...sorry to bust your bubble Kurt, but it looks like the Norway gig is a no-go.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112526

Yeah, tey sent me an email about it today. They've added Pagan's Altar to the bill, whomever that is.....

Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:25 pm

When did they get back together???????? I loved these guys back when they were around. I guess they have released somethings after Monument.

man I guess everyone has reformed. Its just getting to hard to keep up with everyone these days!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:52 pm

chucksteak wrote:
When did they get back together???????? I loved these guys back when they were around. I guess they have released somethings after Monument.

man I guess everyone has reformed. Its just getting to hard to keep up with everyone these days!

They've been around in various incarnations for years. Released a CD in 2005 and another this past year.

PostSubject: Re: Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep   Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next